Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 5, 2012, 15:58 wtf_man

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 10:10:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 09:25:
I understand that. That's why it pisses me off that they are spending the money on creating a series instead of buying content.

I'm sorry but you clearly don't understand it. Spending more money on content doesn't solve the problem. They've already been doing that, they are spending over a billion dollars this year alone on it. Hollywood keeps upping the prices and giving shittier licensing contract terms to efforts that they aren't spear heading.

I meant that I understood that the rate hikes were due to their increased cost.

I wasn't claiming to understand how making their own series will make them have more negotiating power.

I still don't understand how making one series is going to make content providers drop prices. Nor if they made 10 series. The Content providers are still going to charge what they want. If they DO turn into another HBO... (a few movies plus their own content) then they'll get dumped for Blockbuster's streaming or some other similar service.

I don't use Netflix for NEW content. I use Netflix as a video store rental... without having to actually go to the store. Changing the Service from that premise is not what is desired by most folks, IMO.

I don't know what the answer is to keep the prices/contracts reasonable, but making their own series isn't going to affect the content providers that already own a vast library... which is what most people want access to.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 4, 21:05 Re: Evening Metaverse wtf_man
  2. Jan 4, 21:20  Re: Evening Metaverse Prez
  3. Jan 4, 21:27  Re: Evening Metaverse Dades
  4. Jan 4, 22:47   Re: Evening Metaverse wtf_man
  5. Jan 5, 02:29    Re: Evening Metaverse PHJF
  6. Jan 5, 07:16    Re: Evening Metaverse Dades
  7. Jan 5, 09:25     Re: Evening Metaverse wtf_man
  8. Jan 5, 10:10      Re: Evening Metaverse Dades
>> 9. Jan 5, 15:58       Re: Evening Metaverse wtf_man
  10. Jan 5, 17:32 Re: Evening Metaverse Dades