Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Soars

Over the holidays Valve's Steam service hit a new milestone of five million concurrent users, reports GamesRadar, noting that even after the post-holiday falloff, Steam is still peaking at 4.7 million concurrent users every day.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:53 Beamer

J wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 12:03:
So what does Daggerfall fail to hold a candle to? The suspense is killing me here!

It depends on what game you first fell in love with, right?
Because every game before was too full of bugs and too underdeveloped, and every game after is too oversimplified and too dumbed down.

Only that one, first game is perfect. Everything else sucks.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:43 Marvin T. Martian

Ya but CLOUD is down AGAIN. and up then down then up then down. Can see where this is going?? So Steam is messed up again. I wonder what turning off Cloud in the settings would do. I really have do use for it since I don't play my games on multiple computers?

Update--over 90 minutes and still down.

10. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 Elf Shot The Food

Four million of those accounts probably belonged to people running scams.  

9. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 nin

J wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 12:03:
So what does Daggerfall fail to hold a candle to? The suspense is killing me here!

The Ultimas and their boot disc fiasco? I remember many an origin game requiring you to stand on your head to fee up enough memory to run.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 12:03 J

7. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 11:29 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 11:21:
Morrowind doesn't hold a candle to Daggerfall.

Quite true. Daggerfall had hundreds more bugs and glitches than Morrowind!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 11:21 Mad Max RW

Morrowind doesn't hold a candle to Daggerfall.  

5. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:53 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 10:42:
LoLed @ complexity in Oblivion.

Oblivion doesnt hold a candle to Morrowind.

Nothing holds a candle to Morrowind for sure, I'm just being realistic about probably not seeing that kind of an RPG from Bethesda again. Besides, Morrowind had its own set of oddities and problems.

Back on topic, how much you wanna bet that number is due to the huge sales and (probably) very huge Skyrim retail sales.

I thought it was pretty cool of Bethesda to put it on sale for $40. Sure they get some benefit too but they could have easily kept it at $60 and probably continued to sell as many copies, its in huge demand right now.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

4. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:42 InBlack

LoLed @ complexity in Oblivion.

Oblivion doesnt hold a candle to Morrowind.

I miss the levitate/fly skill.

Back on topic, how much you wanna bet that number is due to the huge sales and (probably) very huge Skyrim retail sales.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:28 Verno

I don't know, Killing Floor never really clicked for me, not sure why.

I am having a blast playing Skyrim and a heavily modded Oblivion install too, although I am reminded by how roughshod the engine was with Oblivion. Even before I started modding it that game had several crash problems related to unfixed errors inside of the official DLC archives and some auto-save crashes. I had to download a copy of TSEdit and fix them myself. Anyone who says that game was stable is a raving lunatic who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

The combat in Skyrim is so much better but I have to say I kind of miss some of the complexity in Oblivion. Oblivion certainly had better sidequests too. I hope Bethesda can really hit it out of the park with the next one, giving us that perfect mix of Skyrim's leveling system and Oblivion's themed questing.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

2. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:24 ochentay4

Anyone wants Duke Nukem Forever ?? Could trade for Bastion or something..  

1. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 10:20 Dev

I'm getting back into killing floor. Thats a fun game, more so than I remembered last time I tried it. I did the achievements needed to unlock the santa suit while the event was still going on.  

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo