Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Assassin's Creed Games on Steam. Save 25-75%.
  • Bastion on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Batman: Arkham City on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Battlefield 3 on Amazon.com. Save 50%. Thanks Ant.
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Steam. Save 25%.
  • Dead Island on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Dungeon Defenders on Steam. Save 75%.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Steam. Save 33%.
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Magicka on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Orcs Must Die! on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Portal Games on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Saints Row: The Third on Steam. Save 33%.
  • Serious Sam Games on Steam. Save 50-75%.
  • Terraria on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Total War Games on Steam. Save 75%.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2012, 09:37 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 19:06:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 12:14:
"Coal"? This is why I never maximize Steam and just let it sit in my tray unless I actually want to buy something I actually..want.

We must stop this forcing of "coal" upon the poor gamers of the world!

Yeah I don't get that either, I totally ignored that entire promotion without needing to "never maximize Steam".

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 19:06 Sepharo

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 12:14:
"Coal"? This is why I never maximize Steam and just let it sit in my tray unless I actually want to buy something I actually..want.

We must stop this forcing of "coal" upon the poor gamers of the world!

29. Amazon will pay you to play GTAIV instead. Jan 2, 2012, 17:32 hb3d

I want to say I'd read, sometime before xmas, that it was $4.99 and you get a $5 credit. Meaning Amazon actually paid you a penny to play DNF.
Before Christmas it was $4.99, but the coupons weren't valid until January 1, 2012. So, unfortunately you couldn't use them then to get the game for free.

However, GTAIV is $4.99 today at Amazon, and it is a best seller of 2011 which is eligible for the coupon. So, Amazon will pay you 1 cent to buy GTAIV.

28. Re: Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99! Jan 2, 2012, 17:27 nin

hb3d wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 17:22:
Anyone want Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99?

Amazon game downloads has the game on sale today for $5.99. And since the game was one of the best selling games on Amazon for 2011, it is eligible for the $5 off coupons given out by Amazon with purchases from the past two months.

So, get Duke for only 99 cents! Since the game requires Steamworks, the code is redeemable on Steam.

I want to say I'd read, sometime before xmas, that it was $4.99 and you get a $5 credit. Meaning Amazon actually paid you a penny to play DNF.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27. Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99! Jan 2, 2012, 17:22 hb3d

Anyone want Duke Nuke'm Forever for .99?

Amazon game downloads has the game on sale today for $5.99. And since the game was one of the best selling games on Amazon for 2011, it is eligible for the $5 off coupons given out by Amazon with purchases from the past two months.

So, get Duke for only 99 cents! Since the game requires Steamworks, the code is redeemable on Steam.

26. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 15:32 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 12:03:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 01:08:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 21:56:
Krovven wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 21:42:
You can't trade Coal.

Yes you can.

That's odd. It used to say Untradable. When I just checked, it now says Tradable. Coal never showed up as an option in the trade screen, and I did a trade earlier today.

Incidentally, coal being tradable is the main reason why so many mfers have screwed over the event and ran the prizes out with botted 1 cent humble bundle accounts. I wish valve had thought about making it non tradable beforehand. I legitimately earned over 60 of the achievements and it was disappointing to only get coal and valve stuff at the end. And if anyone waited until weekend to do all achieves at once during a holiday, they got screwed.

To give an idea of the extent of the problem, there were people with $8,000 worth of games in their accounts from doing this. Valve banned a few of the top offenders, but I'm sure the grand prize winner will be one of these mfers with 1000+ coal, who will sell the account for thousands of bucks on ebay.

That is pretty sad. I was upset as I was not able to play games until the prizes ran out. I took a day off to finish up the rest of my cheevos, but I now have 5+ Valve coupons. wtf. I hate people.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 12:14 Dmitri_M

24. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 12:03 Dev

You can't trade Coal.

Yes you can.

That's odd. It used to say Untradable. When I just checked, it now says Tradable. Coal never showed up as an option in the trade screen, and I did a trade earlier today.

Incidentally, coal being tradable is the main reason why so many mfers have screwed over the event and ran the prizes out with botted 1 cent humble bundle accounts. I wish valve had thought about making it non tradable beforehand. I legitimately earned over 60 of the achievements and it was disappointing to only get coal and valve stuff at the end. And if anyone waited until weekend to do all achieves at once during a holiday, they got screwed.

To give an idea of the extent of the problem, there were people with $8,000 worth of games in their accounts from doing this. Valve banned a few of the top offenders, but I'm sure the grand prize winner will be one of these mfers with 1000+ coal, who will sell the account for thousands of bucks on ebay.

23. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 09:25 Ledge

Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 23:49:
I picked it up when it was $20 in the Xmas sale, and then after the fact I saw the clusterfuck... Do yourself a favor, and buy it on console. You will get less ass-reaming that way..

While I agree that the layers of DRM are excessive (GFWL is retarded in and of itself), buying it on consoles isn't really the answer. That will just convince WB to make the next game a console-exclusive. Despite the DRM, Arkham City PC is a solid port of a great game that still looks and plays best on PC. $25 is a low enough price to tolerate the DRM.

If you can't tolerate the DRM regardless of price, boycott the game on all platforms and send WB a hand-written letter explaining your grievances.

where is it 25 bucks ? ... steam is showing 49.95, but i guess thats where we in aust. get reamed again.

22. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 07:19 Prez

spindoctor wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 05:53:

This was true for Assassin's Creed 2 as well a couple of years ago.

Somehow the voices of reason were conspicuously absent back then.

That's because Ubisoft's DRM is worse than even a DRM cluster as in Batman. By several orders of magnitude.
Just pay no attention to Jerrykk's hate-on for AC. It's an absolutely amazing series, thought the first one has some serious issues. Every one after is fantastic.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 06:39 Jerykk

Not for me. For one, UbiDRM is worse than Steam, GFWL and SecuRom combined. None of those schemes require a constant online connection. Secondly, I'm not a big fan of any of the AC games so I don't think they're worth buying at any price.

If FarCry 3 uses UbiDRM and ends up being awesome, that might be the one game to justify a purchase (at a lowered price). Nothing released thus far has been worth it.

20. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 05:53 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 23:49:
Despite the DRM, Arkham City PC is a solid port of a great game that still looks and plays best on PC. $25 is a low enough price to tolerate the DRM.

Somehow the voices of reason were conspicuously absent back then.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

19. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 02:13 Sepharo

You can't trade Coal.

Yes you can.

I traded a few to a friend 2 days ago who needed more to get another 7.

18. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 01:08 Krovven

You can't trade Coal.

Yes you can.

17. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 23:56 Slashman

CythrawL wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 23:40:
STAY AWAY from Arkham City on the PC.. its a clusterfuck of DRM.

1) Steam DRM (Which is to be expected because y'know you got it on Steam)
2) Securom with Activation limits
3) Games for Windows Live (No saves if you dont)

I picked it up when it was $20 in the Xmas sale, and then after the fact I saw the clusterfuck... Do yourself a favor, and buy it on console. You will get less ass-reaming that way..

BTW Valve, please put a stop to this. If you are going to sell their game on your service (And Gabe is always saying that the more you provide a good service the less people will pirate)PLEASE get them to make it mandatory that we don't get buttfucked with sandpaper covered Comdoms. Sheesh... If I could, I'd get a refund....

Calm down dude.

I actually pre-ordered it(with the discount for owning Asylum) and I agree it's DRM heavy. Still...I haven't had any issues with it yet and I consider the game to be good enough that I got my money's worth.

As to your suggestion that I get it on console...never going to happen. I'm never going to own one.

The PC version of the game is still the better one for the controls alone. I play very well using M/KB and unlike the console version, I have separate keys for every quick-use gadget. That makes combat flow way better than using a controller IMO.

16. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 23:49 Jerykk

While I agree that the layers of DRM are excessive (GFWL is retarded in and of itself), buying it on consoles isn't really the answer. That will just convince WB to make the next game a console-exclusive. Despite the DRM, Arkham City PC is a solid port of a great game that still looks and plays best on PC. $25 is a low enough price to tolerate the DRM.

If you can't tolerate the DRM regardless of price, boycott the game on all platforms and send WB a hand-written letter explaining your grievances.

15. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 23:40 CythrawL

STAY AWAY from Arkham City on the PC.. its a clusterfuck of DRM.

1) Steam DRM (Which is to be expected because y'know you got it on Steam)
2) Securom with Activation limits
3) Games for Windows Live (No saves if you dont)

BTW Valve, please put a stop to this. If you are going to sell their game on your service (And Gabe is always saying that the more you provide a good service the less people will pirate)PLEASE get them to make it mandatory that we don't get buttfucked with sandpaper covered Comdoms. Sheesh... If I could, I'd get a refund....

14. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 22:34 The Half Elf

Esoteric wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 17:31:
Kajetan wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:10:
jimnms wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:00:
... because then I'm not achieving anything
You think, you can actually "achieve" something? You waste time playing video games while having some fun. But you do NOT achieve anything.

You think, you can actually "achieve" something? You waste time living life and pursuing whatever goals you think are meaningful. But you do NOT achieve anything. You're going to die, all life on this planet will die off eventually, and when the universe reaches maximum entropy it will all be over.

Happy New Year!

See that's the thing about it being MY life, it's MY time to waste not yours, but yet you waste time telling others how you believe they should spend it?

What's the quote I'm looking for..
'That's life for you... no one gets out alive'.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 22:07 Alamar

Kajetan wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:10:
jimnms wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:00:
... because then I'm not achieving anything
You think, you can actually "achieve" something? You waste time playing video games while having some fun. But you do NOT achieve anything.

Too bad you didn't get this comment in on time for '2011's most contradictory comments'. If you can't understand why, I feel for you : )

-Alamar

12. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 22:04 Veterator

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 19:47:
Anyone want to trade me a piece of coal for a game? Can get me the trade achievement and maybe a game that i don't already have. I have a few things available to trade:

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey
Dwarfs!? 50% off coupon
Valve 33% off coupon
Defense Grid
I'd take oddworld, got 3 coals...want to keep at least 1 so I got an entry in the drawing. I got so many coupons, Im sure they will all rot unless they do some kind of weird sale and coupons stack on top.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo