Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy New Year! We had a very subdued celebration last night here in the BlueTower, and my abstinence from alcohol leaves me in a clear-headed, suffering-free state. I'll try and keep my voice down for those of you who were not as prudent. Here's hoping 2012 is great for all of us!

New Year Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Trigger Knight.
Bubble Domination 2.
Links: 5 Reasons Your New Year's Resolution Is Going to Fail.
The 17 Most Disappointing Moments of the Next 12 Months.
Stories: Ghost Rider writer loses legal bid.
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Champagne.
Science: Alzheimer's: Diet 'can stop brain shrinking'.
Chimpanzees consider their audience when communicating.
Media: Weird talk on the Movie "Inception".
Beard Punch.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
EXTRALIFE Tall Order.
Dilbert.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2012, 16:07 J

space captain wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 21:49:
J wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 17:01:
If only there were some way to place that idea in one of their minds...

if you think really, really hard about "anti-gravity", i bet you can levitate into the skycity where all the mind-control devices are

Are you crazy? The further up I go the more likely I'll be to think about gravity as I look down at the shrinking world below me. I'll fall to my death before I can reach the skycity!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Weird talk on the Movie "Inception". Jan 2, 2012, 22:17 Mr. Tact

Watched the first 30 of 42 minutes of this and while it was mildly interesting/amusing the thing that stuck me the most was how some people really have too much time on their hands...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2012, 11:48 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 03:35:
goddamn the binding of issac is a f'd up game....and it didn't give the cheevo. wtf.

Picked that one up for like $1.24, but haven't played it yet.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2012, 03:35 xXBatmanXx

goddamn the binding of issac is a f'd up game....and it didn't give the cheevo. wtf.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2012, 00:48 Acleacius

Stay safe everyone!

His Inception position pretty much fell apart with the last (next to last?) questioner. The Top wasn't his, never wears the ring and saw the kids faces for the first time.

I originally caught the kids were wearing different clothing and he did have lots of interesting info, but he was mostly there to sell his book.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2012, 00:05 El Pit

Happy new year to you all.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 21:49 space captain

J wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 17:01:

if you think really, really hard about "anti-gravity", i bet you can levitate into the skycity where all the mind-control devices are

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 18:34 DNForever

I thought I didn't have off tomorrow and discovered I do just now. If it's any consolation, it just seems like a postponing of the inevitable. I've been off since the 23rd. Besides a quick trip to Boston it's been laziness, video games, eating, music, Guinness, and Woodchuck Winter Cider.

kanniballl wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:38:
I was *really* hoping I'd have tomorrow off. Unfortunately I didn't see the 2012 holiday calendar until a week before the holidays and learned we had to go in on Monday.

Had I known earlier I would've used a vacation day.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 18:05 Sepharo

Oh wow I didn't even realize this was at Google until their logo showed up at the end. The first two questions afterwards were so disappointing I just assumed this was the community center.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 17:01 J

space captain wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 16:37:
Hoop wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 16:33:
Why does'nt one of those students calmly approch "Inception Professor" kick him in the nuts & walk out?

probably because reality doesnt conform to your personal desires and opinions

hard to believe, aint it

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 16:37 space captain

Hoop wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 16:33:
Why does'nt one of those students calmly approch "Inception Professor" kick him in the nuts & walk out?

probably because reality doesnt conform to your personal desires and opinions

hard to believe, aint it

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 16:33 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 15:38 kanniballl

I was *really* hoping I'd have tomorrow off. Unfortunately I didn't see the 2012 holiday calendar until a week before the holidays and learned we had to go in on Monday.

Had I known earlier I would've used a vacation day.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 15:03 Cutter

They're not showing that game here today, grrr!

And yeah, didn't touch a drop last night. Very quiet. That's because I'm going to a party tomorrow though where I shouls be getting all gassed up!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 15:01 space captain

OH SNAP!  
Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2012, 13:24 Sepharo

Time to watch the Lions beat up on Green Bay's second string (and themselves of course with personal fouls).

edit: Wow... two fumbles called that weren't fumbles. One challenged away, the other challenged but not fixed. Detroit's out of challenges, intercepts the ball back, get's a TD that's not awarded and then is unchallengeable. Fire those refs.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2012, 14:33.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo