Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mobilization

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Mobilization Dec 31, 2011, 01:29 space captain

a bobcat classic  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 18:50 killer_roach

bhcompy wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 15:40:
I haven't been paying attention to it. Are there plans for new MGS Portable Ops or a new portable God of War from Ready At Dawn?

Not that I'm aware of yet.

12. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 17:34 Caladell

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:25:

I've seen Better Off Dead, if somebody wants their $2 they'll do anything to get it.

Haha!

'I want my two dollars! I want my two dollars'

11. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 17:33 xXBatmanXx

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:25:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:33:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:11:
Verizon backs down from fee.
that was quick...

They'll just end up jacking their rates, and everyone will have to pay regardless if they use Verizon's auto-billing vs. People that pay online, manually, every month.

Not that it really matters to me... I'm just saying if they can't get you one way, they'll get you another.

I've seen Better Off Dead, if somebody wants their $2 they'll do anything to get it.

Millions of account for the largest US wireless carrier.....instant millions made overnight.

What a scam.
Glad I don't have their overpriced crappy service.
I will never go back to them.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 17:25 Halo

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:33:
that was quick...

They'll just end up jacking their rates, and everyone will have to pay regardless if they use Verizon's auto-billing vs. People that pay online, manually, every month.

Not that it really matters to me... I'm just saying if they can't get you one way, they'll get you another.

9. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 16:33 wtf_man

that was quick...

8. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 16:11 Halo

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:18:
Hoping some good oll internet law degrees drop in but...

As Verizon changes their billing policy doesn't that give you the 30 day right to back out of your contract? Something with a contract being changed you are free to back out of it without penalty?

Or since it's your choice how to pay it doesn't matter? They're just passing along the charges to their customers?

that was quick...

7. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 15:40 bhcompy

killer_roach wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:16:
But earlier this year, Sony said the Vita, which retails for the equivalent of $317 in Japan, didn't need to lower its price in light of the competition from the 3DS.

“We have a very good product at a very affordable price,” Sony Consumer & Products Services President Kaz Hirai told Bloomberg in August. “There’s no need to lower the price just because somebody else that happens to be in the video game industry decided they were going to.”

PS3 LESSON : UNLEARNED

Good job, Sony. How you manage to stay in business with idiots like this running the ship should by now be considered the ninth wonder of the world.

Creston

Bigger problem right now for Vita in Japan is that there aren't that many high-profile games for it. You'd think they would've had a Monster Hunter game announced by now to lure in Japanese gamers, but it looks like Capcom's content to leaving that franchise to the 3DS now (not surprising, as the 3DS' hardware isn't that different from the PSP's, meaning they can re-use assets with impunity).

The launch lineup for the US in late February looks better, but what the system launched with in Japan is pretty thin, and lacking in properties that are major system movers in Japan. The closest thing they have at present to that would be a new Hot Shots Golf game, for crying out loud.

I haven't been paying attention to it. Are there plans for new MGS Portable Ops or a new portable God of War from Ready At Dawn?

6. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 15:15 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:16:
But earlier this year, Sony said the Vita, which retails for the equivalent of $317 in Japan, didn't need to lower its price in light of the competition from the 3DS.

“We have a very good product at a very affordable price,” Sony Consumer & Products Services President Kaz Hirai told Bloomberg in August. “There’s no need to lower the price just because somebody else that happens to be in the video game industry decided they were going to.”

Good job, Sony. How you manage to stay in business with idiots like this running the ship should by now be considered the ninth wonder of the world.

Creston

Bigger problem right now for Vita in Japan is that there aren't that many high-profile games for it. You'd think they would've had a Monster Hunter game announced by now to lure in Japanese gamers, but it looks like Capcom's content to leaving that franchise to the 3DS now (not surprising, as the 3DS' hardware isn't that different from the PSP's, meaning they can re-use assets with impunity).

The launch lineup for the US in late February looks better, but what the system launched with in Japan is pretty thin, and lacking in properties that are major system movers in Japan. The closest thing they have at present to that would be a new Hot Shots Golf game, for crying out loud.

5. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 14:50 bhcompy

Bucky wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 13:02:

As Verizon changes their billing policy doesn't that give you the 30 day right to back out of your contract? Something with a contract being changed you are free to back out of it without penalty?

Or since it's your choice how to pay it doesn't matter? They're just passing along the charges to their customers?

It's not a change in fees, it's just a fee for a one-time payment method, so it won't alter the contract.

I pay all my bills online, and I prefer to do it with a one-time credit card transaction, but more and more sites are charging a fee for this. With a credit card I'm protected if the information gets stolen, and by not making it a recurring charge I'll actually keep an eye on my bills.

This is what I did to get around this: Setup a free checking account with no overdraft and only the minimum to keep it open($5) and linked it to my paypal. When I pay online I either use paypal or this checking account(via electronic check, which Verizon allows for no charge) and I xfer the cash in to the account when I need buy something. I avoid charges with credit cards, I avoid potential for unauthorized transactions running up my CC bill, I avoid giving my primary checking account to anyone, and I limit my potential exposed liability to the minimum amount to hold the account open.

4. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 13:33 wtf_man

Unfortunately, the banks charge businesses for processing credit cards. As they raise rates, eventually it has to be passed on to the consumer.

Gas Stations like Arco - AM / PM already do it.
Grocery Stores charging a credit / debit fee will be next.

It's getting to the point that for non-online transactions... it's cheaper to pull out X amount of cash for the week from your bank, and pay for everything with cash. (Safer too, with all the asshats out there trying to scan your card with a portable scanner and steal your shit)

3. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 13:02 Bucky

It's not a change in fees, it's just a fee for a one-time payment method, so it won't alter the contract.

I pay all my bills online, and I prefer to do it with a one-time credit card transaction, but more and more sites are charging a fee for this. With a credit card I'm protected if the information gets stolen, and by not making it a recurring charge I'll actually keep an eye on my bills.

2. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 12:18 Halo

1. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 11:16 Creston

Creston

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo