Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mobilization

View
15. Re: Mobilization Dec 29, 2011, 01:06 killer_roach

Enahs wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 00:16:
I will be the first to admit, in static pictures and even in videos, the Windows Phone (Metro interface) looks horrible. But really, I highly recommend you not judge it solely on that. It is absolutely wonderful and fantastic to use in reality, on a phone. I do not think it would be great for a PC, maybe tablet, but not a PC, but I am not judging there until I try.

But really, before completely ruling out the interface on the phone you have to try it. It is, by far, the most fantastic interface and user experience from any system I have ever used; and it is pretty hard to find a system I have not used. They shot themselves in the foot, because it is such a wonderful interface but impossible to make look good through pictures.

Feel free to have whatever opinion you want, that is the great thing about choices. But being prejudice because it is Microsoft, or being negative because you do not think it looks pretty in pictures, only shows your ignorance towards how you interact with the world and perceive it.

Try it, on the phone, and then hate it if you really do.

I'd agree with that. In usage it's a bit weird until you get the hang of it, but it's quite useful. Not enough to pry me away from Android or iOS (I use both - a Samsung Galaxy S II and a 4th-gen iPod Touch), but it is a lot better than people give it credit for.

Biggest problem, IMO, is the languid, stagnating closed hardware set Microsoft insists for WP7. Without particularly ground-breaking industrial design, impressive hardware specs, or low prices to bring customers in, it currently seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 28, 13:06 Re: Mobilization Beamer
  9. Dec 28, 17:23  Re: Mobilization Bhruic
  10. Dec 28, 17:36   Re: Mobilization Beamer
  11. Dec 28, 17:44    Re: Mobilization Dades
  13. Dec 28, 19:31     Re: Mobilization JohnnyRotten
  12. Dec 28, 18:39    Re: Mobilization wtf_man
  14. Dec 29, 00:16   Re: Mobilization Enahs
>> 15. Dec 29, 01:06    Re: Mobilization killer_roach
  16. Dec 29, 10:09     Re: Mobilization Enahs
  18. Dec 29, 10:58    Re: Mobilization wtf_man