Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Towers Dec 29, 2011, 10:43 space captain

Monkey see. Monkey do.
Monkey's got no point of view.
Captain points and he points too
Clever monkey!

Monkey's got to know his place
No future in the Master Race
Monkey spat in Captain's face
They cut his tongue out

Threw it to a doberman named Rover
He can eat a man in twenty seconds flat
Prefers a cat

In the courtyard shuffled
Deviants with gold stars
They're scarred with numbers
As guards raise their cards
It's 6.2
Monkey see, Monkey do

6.7, 6.7
Book a place in Heaven
with a 9

Under 5 and in the corner
For a session in the sauna
Naked, being born again
They're sliding down the chute

And the garden's looking fine
There's lots of water, lots of lime
And Captain spends most of his time in the deckchair

And there's weeping in the queue
And Lady Gwyneth's weeping too
Sickened, yet she voted blue
She knows it.

And night patrols are doing rounds
Now there's Tower complex, Tower Town.
Population's going down
But we're great again...

- LPD

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2011, 00:06 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 10:43:
I dont think there is anything really wrong with Marketing in itself. Its the people who work in Marketing who are the problem. More often than not they are overpaid, uneducated, stuck up douchebags who think their MBO in Marketing is somehow worth its weight in gold and that the rest of the company should bow and kiss their feet because in their deluded overpriviliged brains they are SOLELY responsible for any success the company might have.

Here let me illustrate with a really obvious example of marketing done right: Get an engineer to do it. Case in point? Steve Jobs. Apple.

Yup, Apple is certainly marketing done right. They have millions convinced they need to purchase Apple's overpriced shit, despite cheaper, better functioning alternatives.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. If it would disappear Dec 28, 2011, 20:30 space captain

That
Which
Does
Not
Kill
You
Makes
You
Stronger

Take a big bite of my sweet addiction
Get a little closer to this sick affliction
Truth and consequences led to this conviction
Trial by fire, another crucifixion
Eat it up
Wash it down
Hit the deck
Kiss the ground
The enemy is within
And she is your only friend

- clutch

Go forth, and kill!

28. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 11:00 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 10:43:
I dont think there is anything really wrong with Marketing in itself. Its the people who work in Marketing who are the problem. More often than not they are overpaid, uneducated, stuck up douchebags who think their MBO in Marketing is somehow worth its weight in gold and that the rest of the company should bow and kiss their feet because in their deluded overpriviliged brains they are SOLELY responsible for any success the company might have.

Here let me illustrate with a really obvious example of marketing done right: Get an engineer to do it. Case in point? Steve Jobs. Apple.

Speaking of uneducated... Steve Jobs.

Some American companies run on marketing. This isn't a bad thing if they do marketing well. Look at P&G - they lead in virtually every area they work in and they're 100% a marketing driven company. But their marketers do hard work and leave all the selling to ad agencies. But who decides what flavor of Pringles to make? Marketing. Who decides to change the toothpaste cap because the one engineering made leaks? Marketing. Who determines what ply to make toilet paper? Marketing. They figure out what customers want then figure out how to get it to customers at a reasonable price.

In a tech company you can, and should be, led by engineers, but you still need marketers. Why? I know it's counter-intuitive to most here, but in my experiences many of the things people here hate are the ideas of the engineers. Like data collection. Engineers love data. Love it. They'll do whatever they can to get as much as they can. In a good company marketing pushes back and says consumers won't allow that.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 10:43 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 09:15 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 06:08:
TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 00:32:
i think the bill hicks solution would work here... and many other places imo. i just can't get enough of this guy.

"By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself. Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalisation for what you do, you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show. Seriously, I know the marketing people: 'There's gonna be a joke comin' up.' There's no fuckin' joke. Suck a tail pipe, hang yourself...borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something...rid the world of your evil fuckin' presence."

Bill Hicks

Great stuff. I really, really hate generalizations but in my line of work I deal with people who work in marketing (both from my company and others) and I hate to say it but Bill Hicks was on to something here...

Good marketing isn't advertising. Good marketing is figuring out what consumers want and giving it to them. That's not evil. Bad marketing is just figuring out how to get consumers to buy something. That's just advertising, and calling those people "marketing" is as bad as calling b to b sales people "strategy." Good companies don't do that. Unfortunately there are a ton of stupid companies that just want titles to sound good so they call advertising or sales guys "marketing" or "strategy" even though they do neither.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 09:08 space captain

bill hicks was a jackass

he died at 32

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 06:08 InBlack

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 00:32:
i think the bill hicks solution would work here... and many other places imo. i just can't get enough of this guy.

"By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself. Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalisation for what you do, you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show. Seriously, I know the marketing people: 'There's gonna be a joke comin' up.' There's no fuckin' joke. Suck a tail pipe, hang yourself...borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something...rid the world of your evil fuckin' presence."

Bill Hicks

Great stuff. I really, really hate generalizations but in my line of work I deal with people who work in marketing (both from my company and others) and I hate to say it but Bill Hicks was on to something here...

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 04:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Holy shit, this is just bizarre. The guy is like some parody of a jock turned PR guy. Why not just hire one of the morons from Jersey Shore to represent you? Seriously, how does this guy even have a job? Blackmail is the only thing I can come up with.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

22. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 03:06 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 01:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 01:23:
Gabe just updated this. Apparently the guy is now begging him to "make it stop."

To borrow a line from Riddick: "Did not know who he was fuckin' with."

Loved the part when he suddenly realizes and hastily attempts to smooth things over only to be met by Mike's reply, "Please remove me from this mailing list" Rotfl

And after that when he doesn't get the joke, lol.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 01:58 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 01:23:
Gabe just updated this. Apparently the guy is now begging him to "make it stop."

Loved the part when he suddenly realizes and hastily attempts to smooth things over only to be met by Mike's reply, "Please remove me from this mailing list" Rotfl

20. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 01:23 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2011, 00:32 TurdFergasun

Bill Hicks

18. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 23:58 space captain

Faceman wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 21:09:
What a fucking douche. I hope he kills himself. I really do.

yeh we need more people like you around instead

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 21:09 Faceman

What a fucking douche. I hope he kills himself. I really do.  

16. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 20:27 Dmitri_M

That marketing guy looks like trash. I reserve the right to judge a book by it's cover.  

15. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 19:33 nin

Pyloff wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 17:51:
Just noticed the product is getting trashed on amazon. Bad news for the company.

Yeah, I love a good internet beat down, but while I can't speak for how well the product works, it sucks that they'll be at least a few people who blame all this shit on the product itself, instead of the 3rd party marketing fuckhead. It's my understanding the device was designed to help people that might not be able to hold a controller and hit all the buttons, and that's always a cool thing we could use more of.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 17:51 Pyloff

Just noticed the product is getting trashed on amazon. Bad news for the company.  

13. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 17:37 HeadWound

Looks like Paul has been fired

update on the same link I posted earlier:

http://www.natesnetwork.com/Poor-customer-service

12. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2011, 17:36 Pyloff

There is more info here [url=]http://www.1up.com/news/ocean-marketing-penny-arcade-customer-service[/url] if you've got time to burn like me reading up on this nonsense.

I wish EA Louse would return

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo