Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GSC Game World News Next Month

GSC Game World tweets a further follow-up to unconfirmed reports the developer is closing, and the uncertain future of the developer and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series:

Dear Stalkers: We will not be releasing any official news until around mid January. However there is cause for hope! Good hunting!

Thanks Voodoo Extreme.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 25, 2011, 15:29 William Usher

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 22:04:
Sadly, a console version would be the one thing to keep them afloat, I think... Would be nice to hear though. I could let them go quietly into the night if they finished Stalker2 for PC. Otherwise, I spend this holiday season in mourning.

I have no idea how they would be able to fit STALKER onto the consoles without severly cutting out a lot of active content. The game's main draw is its unpredictable AI and ever-evolving/competitive world.

The main appeal of STALKER would be lost on the console's horribly limited RAM. More than anything a hackened console port would only hurt GSC's reputation.

However, a release on the Wii U might be plausible...again, assuming it has enough RAM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 25, 2011, 09:04 xXBatmanXx

They never did do a "monday" announcement that they said they were going to do did they?  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 25, 2011, 06:20 Jerykk

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 22:04:
Sadly, a console version would be the one thing to keep them afloat, I think... Would be nice to hear though. I could let them go quietly into the night if they finished Stalker2 for PC. Otherwise, I spend this holiday season in mourning

Not really sure why people assume that making console ports will automatically be profitable. Console development is expensive. You have to use $10,000 dev kits, you have to get a license from MS/Sony, you have to get programmers with console experience, you have to pay for submission, etc. Eastern European games do not have a history of strong sales in the console market. When/if Witcher 2 Xbox is released, I'd be amazed if it outsold the PC version. Same with any STALKER game.

5. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 22:04 Ludomancer

Sadly, a console version would be the one thing to keep them afloat, I think... Would be nice to hear though. I could let them go quietly into the night if they finished Stalker2 for PC. Otherwise, I spend this holiday season in mourning.

4. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 21:21 The Half Elf

If they had to make 1 console game to keep making PC games I'd tell them to go for it.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 20:41 Bumpy

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 11:22:
The only news I want to hear is STALKER 2 for consoles was canceled and will remain a PC exclusive as it should always have been.

QFT. Don't want another franchise ruined.

2. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 11:50 Cutter

Effin A! Stalker series rocked! Metro was good too - if too short. Looking forward to Last Light.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 11:22 Mad Max RW

The only news I want to hear is STALKER 2 for consoles was canceled and will remain a PC exclusive as it should always have been.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo