Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Festivus! Feel free to commence with the feats of strength and airing of grievances. Just be careful if someone triple-dog-dares you to put your tongue on the Aluminum pole, as it is a still pretty cold from the outside.

Links for the Rest of Us: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: You Forgot Already: A 2011 Quiz. Thanks Neatorama.
Anaksha: Dark Angel.
Links: The Twelve Shoppers of Christmas.
Stories: Fast-casual restaurants gobble up market share.
Hialeah woman, 80, said she went after gunman. Thanks Neatorama.
'Tell loved ones they are overweight this Christmas'. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Why you always have room for dessert. Thanks Neatorama.
10 Craziest Christmas Tattoos. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: Slow Motion Mug Shattering. Kaiser Soze would be so proud.
Image Meme Proposal.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2011, 01:32 Hoop

'Tell loved ones they are overweight this Christmas'
Merry Christmas fat arse, where's my present.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 22:23 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 19:10:
Waiting to see if Dead Rising 2:OTR gets any cheaper, though $20 isn't bad.

Yea, really not waiting for much else.
If DR2 OTR goes on a better sale, sweet.
ALso if Skyrim gets discounted AT ALL, I am all in - kind of waiting for some DLC and GOTY since I have so much to play anyway.

The steam holiday thing is kind of fun. Experiencing some games I wouldnt even give the time of day to.

The most messed up game is that Cargo game! HOLY SHIT! I don't see anyone I know that owns it - wtf is that game!? It is a weird ass game already, but with a Zardoz twist to it. just kind of a mind blower.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 20:16 DG

Guess I should have be clearer that I meant I was still getting it, just not now.

But then, Shok! Cheers for that link! Got me SR3 plus season pass for £15 via THQ, 2nd post on that link. Deal isn't available in the US but we usually pay more so this pretty much cancels out.

Plus I guess it works out well playing SR3 before Skyrim, bit more time for patching and mods.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 20:08 PHJF

$20 for SR3? Sold!
$5 for Cave Story +? Sold!
$4 for AvP? Why not!
$3 for Renegade Ops? You're damn right!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 19:21 Cutter

SR3 is totally worth it at $20 bones.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 19:10 nin

Think I logged about 40 hours in my first playthrough of SR3, and I could easily see making another go.

$20 is a steal.

Also see Rage is $15 today, so I guess I'll finally grab that one.

Prob also grab E.Y.E for $2.50.

Waiting to see if Dead Rising 2:OTR gets any cheaper, though $20 isn't bad.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:51 Shok

DG wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 18:40:
Nearly jumped all over the Saints Row 3 sale today but it's still barely cheaper than I can buy it online. Doesn't seem worth it considering how long it'd be until I get around to it, especially since I'm burning out on GTA-ish games, almost done on Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone confirm that a physical disk SR3 is still Steam? Same for Skyrim, since that's nearly half-price if bought at an e-tailer.

I found this thread in the steam forums and used the GMG code at checkout (FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS) and got it for $19.99. This was about 4PM EST today so good luck!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the url in the original post on steam forums doesn't work but just clicking from the GMG front page to SR3 page worked for me.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:43 DG

Prometheus looks awesome, but 8th June and they're taunting me with that now?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:40 DG

Nearly jumped all over the Saints Row 3 sale today but it's still barely cheaper than I can buy it online. Doesn't seem worth it considering how long it'd be until I get around to it, especially since I'm burning out on GTA-ish games, almost done on Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone confirm that a physical disk SR3 is still Steam? Same for Skyrim, since that's nearly half-price if bought at an e-tailer.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:06 xXBatmanXx

Enahs wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 16:49:
Hooray for Steam Christmas stuff! I am having fun getting achievements and such! Also, FYI, there is a LFD2 achievement coming up for these lumps of coal. You can already see the achievement on the LFD2 achievement page! So if you have it but it is not installed, install it!

I believe all future holiday cheeves are already available. I did some last night (3-4) and didn't get anything for them, but I am sure I will once they go "active".

Holiday Steam Achievements
http://www.steamcheeves.com/

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 16:51 Cutter

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 16:06:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 15:24:
I dunno how this got missed but yesterday was the release of the official Prometheus trailer! OMFG I have to see this now! Ridley Scott is a god.

I would point you in the direction of last nights Into the Black, but based on the sheer number of duplicate links I send Blue, I have no room to talk.

Ahh, I did not notice that. You win teh internets, sir!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 16:49 Enahs

Hooray for Steam Christmas stuff! I am having fun getting achievements and such! Also, FYI, there is a LFD2 achievement coming up for these lumps of coal. You can already see the achievement on the LFD2 achievement page! So if you have it but it is not installed, install it!  

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 16:06 nin

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 15:24:
I dunno how this got missed but yesterday was the release of the official Prometheus trailer! OMFG I have to see this now! Ridley Scott is a god.

I would point you in the direction of last nights Into the Black, but based on the sheer number of duplicate links I send Blue, I have no room to talk.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 15:39 Ray Ban

You're on a roll here

And yes, that trailer is pretty sweet.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 15:24 Cutter

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 13:25 Cutter

Well seems they got Grotesque 2 fixed and it's finally installing properly. Should launch now I reckon.

And holy shit snacks! Deal of the day on Steam? Railworks 2012 at 90% off! I bought deluxe version with the Horseshoe DLC for $3.99 lol!

Edit: Yeah GT2 is workign fine now except it crashes upon exit. Not really a big deal. Fun so far. I like the visual style. It'd be cool to see Ultima 7 remade with this thing. It'd be perfect for it.

Also, went through Judge Dredd for an hour. Pretty bleh game but the enviromental art is pretty stellar. Mega-City looks really cool. Makes me crave a new - good - Judge Dredd game made with that new engine Epic has. "THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND PREPARE TO BE JUDGED!" Damn, if the Lawgiver isn't the coolest gun ever. Obviously there must be something in the works with Dredd coming out in September. Karl Urban should make a good Judge Dredd. Let's hope the movie and whatever game that gets made doesn't suck.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2011, 14:11.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 Cutter

Happy Festivus! Heh, just caught that scene from A Christmas Story on AMC the other night. Much lulz.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo