Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward

Bloomberg has details on progress on West v. Activision, the legal action between Activision and Electronic Arts/Jason West/Vince Zampella over EA's hiring of West and Zampella (thanks Computer and Video Games). Word is the $400 million lawsuit is headed to California Superior Court (Los Angeles County):

Electronic Arts Inc. (ERTS), the second- biggest U.S. video-game publisher, lost a court bid to dismiss the $400-million contract-interference claims by its larger rival Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI)

California Superior Court Judge Elihu Berle, at a hearing yesterday in Los Angeles, denied Electronic Arts’ request to throw out the claims, saying Activision had provided sufficient evidence that a jury should decide whether Electronic Arts broke the law by talking to two creators of Activision’s “Call of Duty” franchise while they were still under contract.

Berle rejected Electronic Arts’ argument that it was perfectly lawful for the two top executives of Activision’s Infinity Ward studio, Jason West and Vince Zampella, to explore future employment opportunities. It was ’’a whole different scenario’’ if Electronic Arts approached the two executives while there was still more than two years left on their contract, the judge said.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 23, 2011, 00:44 Warskull

Nucas wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 23:44:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 21:04:
Normally I like to pick sides when spectating this sort of thing but here I couldn't care less; it's one shitty company suing another shitty company. I suppose I consider EA to be the slightly more shitty company, so I hope it ends up with massive legal bills and huge damages awarded against it.
i've kind of slipped the other way, i hate what i've read of bobby kotick's actions sufficiently to want to see his awful fucking decisions hurt activision. it honestly kind of pisses me off how good MW3 did (how could it not?) and the back patting kotick must have given himself for trying to fuck west/zampella out of their royalties.

Yeah, but EA has the bullshit about banning users from playing games on Origin for forum posts. Heck, someone in the BF3 forums got a lifetime ban because someone cursed him out and used his username in the post.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 23:44 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 21:04:
Normally I like to pick sides when spectating this sort of thing but here I couldn't care less; it's one shitty company suing another shitty company. I suppose I consider EA to be the slightly more shitty company, so I hope it ends up with massive legal bills and huge damages awarded against it.
i've kind of slipped the other way, i hate what i've read of bobby kotick's actions sufficiently to want to see his awful fucking decisions hurt activision. it honestly kind of pisses me off how good MW3 did (how could it not?) and the back patting kotick must have given himself for trying to fuck west/zampella out of their royalties.

4. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 22:58 HorrorScope

Corporation "we don't want consumers suing us, will you please e-sign this."

Corporation "We're going to sue your nuts off for 400 extra large!"

Stay classy Corporations.

3. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 22:16 ASeven

Whoever loses... we win.  

2. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 21:04 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

1. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 21:01 Dirwulf

That doesn't sound very good for EA.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo