Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February

DICE's Tomas Danko tweets that Comrose 2.0 is coming to Battlefield 3 in February, saying: "Comrose 2.0 will launch in February, even though some previous patches included part of the functionality. Submission procedures are slow." Thanks BF3blog, where they note: "Some of the new features in Commo Rose 2.0 is the ability to request ammo/medic, which was the main reason most players used the system in Battlefield 2."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 24, 2011, 00:40 MajorD

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 16:49[/quote:

I play only hardcore and med packs are life savers.

I'm with you; Hardcore is the 'ONLY' way to play!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 24, 2011, 00:33 eRe4s3r

Med Pack in hardcore means no smoke or m320 or mass (shotgun attachment)- which if it is rush.. means usually no win Maybe you should play that class?

Anyway http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/ere4s3r/stats/185827866/

I am sure theres medics who don't understand what "assault" can do and those use med packs but reality is that assaults are the storm troopers that push through tight spots or make crossing a street not a death trap. Without assault that has these gadgets you are more sol than with a med bag.. because there ain't no point in health in hardcore with the hundreds of RPG and tube spammers. But there is point in occluding the vision of the 5 snipers on that roof and taking them out all spec-ops style.

I have seen so many rush maps lost because people camped at a distance from the point throwing med bags, but i had to change to assault in order to throw smokes and even get to the points to arm them. Also people underestimate how much a m320 smoke grenade can make a difference. Not on Metro or in a tunnel, but in the BTK city maps its great.

19. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 16:49 Dmitri_M

venomhed wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 14:18:
Med packs in hardcore keep people in the game.

Med revives restore one ticket.

True that. I play only hardcore and med packs are life savers.

18. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 15:01 venomhed

Totally agree. How neat would that be where actually talking, even if it was relayed to gibberish in the game based on the volume of your voice, would be just one more strategic element in the game much like walking vs running (where people can hear you running as in BF3). I like stuff like that, isn't hard to implement.

Since there is no VOIP in BF3, they really do need to fix the minimap or edges of the screen to indicate someone needs health or a res. Right now it is very confusing, even when you mash Q 500 times on a medic/support to give you meds/ammo.

Maybe a small radius, say 5-10 ft around the medic/assault should provide you with meds/ammo. Reason I say this is:

1. The close proximity makes you a dangerous target, possibly clustering you to all get killed, so there is a strategic element here.
2. Meds would be slower than a dropped pack, maybe 50% slower.
3. The close proximity implies that you are "handing" meds or ammo to someone as opposed to grabbing what you need out of a bag.
4. The more people around you, the slower the meds/ammo gets delved out.

Maybe the above is too much, but its an idea that may spark a better method. Gotta start somewhere.

17. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 14:53 xXBatmanXx

venomhed wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 13:07:
Lack of proximity or at a minimum squad VOIP in the game is a furious insult to the BF series. Man it is impossible to get anyone to do something in this fucking game.

My health is at 2%, give me some fucking health medic
Medic - Huh.... wha? (Shoot shoot)... huh?

(FZZZZZT! Sniper round in my skull 2 minutes later.)

FUCK!

Can't recal the game(s) off of the top of my head at work, but I recall some MP games having VoIP, and when you were close to the enemy, you could also HEAR THEM talking via their team chat.

Why can't everygame have that? Would make it so much more fun with that tiny bit of realism thrown in. It was cool to hear the conversation go in and out as you got close or ran and hid.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 14:51 MajorD

Assault personnel shouldn't need to be told to drop Med Packs, and Support personnel shouldn't need to be told to drop Ammo Packs, as it is SOP!!! Additionally, Assault shouldn't have to be told to rez you - there's nothing more infuriating than lying there in limbo looking at an Assault player firing away and not rezing you (when it is safe to rez you of course). WTF!?

Oh, and I have I told you how aggravating it is trying to communicate with someone in your squad (that isnít on your Ďfriendísí list) without IN GAME VoIP? By the time you are able to quickly type him a Team/Squad message, it is too late. WAKE UP DICE!!!!

15. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 14:48 xXBatmanXx

"Some of the new features in Commo Rose 2.0 is the ability to request ammo/medic, which was the main reason most players used the system in Battlefield 2."

shakes head...

Why take out something so basic?

Oh right, they can't even get VoIP working or thought to add it, why would they leave in such a common command? sheesh.

I would routinley drop medic and ammo heading towards a bottleneck area in previous games, or just dump them on the way in a fight, people use them and find them helpful. Now, most people don't care to help their team as long as their KD is high, so I can understand why they need the audible prompt for the sheep.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 14:18 venomhed

Med packs in hardcore keep people in the game.

Med revives restore one ticket. You may want all this if you are the squad leader and everyone can spawn on you or your recon spawn point gets whacked. There is a reason to use the medkits and paddles.

I take it your rank is what, under 10 or you only play "Normal" mode where your health magically restores?? I am rank 34 so the medic with a bag has value even though I never play that class.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2011, 14:29.

13. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 13:47 eRe4s3r

If you see an assault running around with a medic bag, then he hasn't got a clue how to play this game If you health is at 2% then go die, and let yourself be revived, which gets far more points to a medic, and thus is why no medic even bothers with medpacks  

12. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 13:07 venomhed

Lack of proximity or at a minimum squad VOIP in the game is a furious insult to the BF series. Man it is impossible to get anyone to do something in this fucking game.

My health is at 2%, give me some fucking health medic
Medic - Huh.... wha? (Shoot shoot)... huh?

(FZZZZZT! Sniper round in my skull 2 minutes later.)

FUCK!

11. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 11:49 MajorD

How about IN GAME VoIP too JackWeeds. Not having it in game is one of the most moronic decisions, NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY AND JUSTIFY IT!!!

10. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 09:59 spindoctor

And the game inches ever closer to being a finished product, ready for release.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

9. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 09:02 eRe4s3r

You can't spam ammo boxes, the timer aside you are gonna die alot of as support you run around like a maniac. I give ammo wherever i see a engineer but when its killing stuff or ammo i drop ammo besides me and shoot, when someone truly needs ammo they can always go to one of the (in my experience) bountiful ammo boxes in the vicinity.  

8. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 08:24 Sphinx

Viranth wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 03:37:
[rant]

I'm firing my rockets at the damn tank, and the support guy looks at me like I'm asking for his virginity...

Go flash your naughty bits to snipers if you're looking for virgins. They like sitting in the corner by themselves a lot.

-Sphinx

7. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 05:54 Dmitri_M

This sort of thing really shows up how the vanilla BF series has always been Quake with a modern warfare skin rather than any real team versus team cooperative mp.

And that's not a criticism, I love BF.

Comrose failings withstanding - support units should be spamming ammo boxes without needing to be asked. You see a group of guys gathered at corner hitting the enemy, drop a damn box. Course you won't cause you're too busy nursing your individual frag count Quit camping the red armor.

6. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 04:21 eRe4s3r

in the fray of combat those miniature support icons are nearly invisible

If someone around me requests ammo it should be a flowery popup like thing on my HUD so that i see where. Not on the (still nearly useless) minimap

5. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 03:37 Viranth

[rant]
One of my biggest gripes with the comrose as is now, is that I can't get the attention of those annoying cheap support guys.

I'm firing my rockets at the damn tank, and the support guy looks at me like I'm asking for his virginity, when I'm doing everything I can to get his attention. Just give me a damn ammo pack, I'm saving the team by killing the bad tank damnit!

When I'm in a radius of lets say 50 meters, there should be a big red icon and blinking warnings on support class, when I ask for ammo. Not just a small little icon on the minimap. The good support class guys will get me ammo, they spam those delicious crates like hell, but those are hard to come by.
[/rant]

At first I was thinking flowers and BF3, didn't quite add up.

4. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 01:29 DangerDog

Zardoz5 wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 23:00:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 22:52:
February? Well I guess we now know when the next batch of DLC will hit, seems DICE doesn't patch unless they absolutely have to.
Feb is too far away I'll agree. I bet there will some $15 DLC pack "coincidentally" released about the same time. 2143 DLC or some more BF2 maps.

2143 most likely, I'm not expecting any more BF2 maps they've said maps like Dragon Valley don't mesh with BF3 because...

Later in the interview Niklas explains why a popular Battlefield 2 map, Dragon Valley was not included in B2K; basically saying the asian setting did not fit the Battlefield 3 setting.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165796

such bullshit, they have no problem with Karkand being US vs Russians though.

but they need to add "new" content, I'd like to see some US "Homefront" maps.

3. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 22, 2011, 23:12 space captain

not cornrows  
Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 22, 2011, 23:00 Zardoz5

DangerDog wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 22:52:
February? Well I guess we now know when the next batch of DLC will hit, seems DICE doesn't patch unless they absolutely have to.
Feb is too far away I'll agree. I bet there will some $15 DLC pack "coincidentally" released about the same time. 2143 DLC or some more BF2 maps.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo