Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Beta Drivers

New version 290.53 beta drivers are now available for NVIDIA accelerators. Among other things, the new beta drivers offer optimizations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There are new drivers for Windows 7 32-bit/Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP, and Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 x64. Thanks Charles.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 10:37 Mashiki Amiketo

Verno wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 09:30:
What's your hardware configuration Mash? The full breakdown if you're bored and want to paste your dxdiag. I'm just curious.
Nothing really special.
M4A87TD/USB3 for the board and g.skill eco for the ram. Since it won't be listed. I'm now using a ocz 750zt for a psu too, it was sent as a replacement after my modx 600 died(550 was my sisters rig beh tired is tired) and took my 560 with it. OCZ replaced my 560 with a cash payout funny enough, which I picked up a 560ti with.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5rjyxd6e5o5jwo

Yeah oddly enough I'm not the only one with these problems, and considering the nvidia boards, and the array across card makers it's moreso driver/card related. More likely something the driver has done voltage wise.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2011, 12:58.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 09:30 Verno

What's your hardware configuration Mash? The full breakdown if you're bored and want to paste your dxdiag. I'm just curious.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

9. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 09:16 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 07:28:
wouldn't disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox fix this issue? (ok, it might make the browser use a lot more cpu though)

That said, i do have a 460 and its been fine for now on latest drivers with hardware accel on..
At best, it'll reduce the number of TDR's you get. It won't fix them. I posted a "need more info from nvidia" email over to blue back in hmm October? November to Blue, and he did up a post for it.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 07:28 eRe4s3r

wouldn't disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox fix this issue? (ok, it might make the browser use a lot more cpu though)

That said, i do have a 460 and its been fine for now on latest drivers with hardware accel on..

7. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 02:11 .Drifter

Been getting random TDR's on firefox too, on Win7 64bit.  

6. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 01:25 Mashiki Amiketo

Faceman wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 00:01:
I'm still getting that TDR problem with firefox. Is it only happening with GTX 460 cards or is it doing it with others as well?

They've definitely stuffed up something in the drivers, because 275.33 ran fine but every release after that has caused issues.
All cards, I had it on my 460, 560, 560ti on all drivers except the 275.33's. So far I haven't had it on these ones knock on wood.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 00:55 PHJF

I haven't had firefox crash in a while (knock on wood) using 285.62  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 22, 2011, 00:01 Faceman

I'm still getting that TDR problem with firefox. Is it only happening with GTX 460 cards or is it doing it with others as well?

They've definitely stuffed up something in the drivers, because 275.33 ran fine but every release after that has caused issues.

3. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 21, 2011, 22:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Well the tdr problem is related to the driver itself. Guess I'll give it a go.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 21, 2011, 22:10 Kastagir

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 20:27:
So do these drivers finally fix the TDR problem with firefox or am I just holding my breath?

Sorry, I've never experienced a TDR in Firefox, or any TDR that wasn't related to faulty hardware, so I can't help you there.

I have noticed an increase in performance in Skyrim, however. Where before I had to run at 1920x1200 with AO and Transparency Antialiasing at preferred levels and still have acceptable performance, I can now run at my display's native resolution of 2560x1600 without the performance drop previously experienced. I don't know if this equates to a 25% improvement, but it is noticeable. I'm surprised and a little dismayed that it took Nvidia more than a month to get this driver out as a beta. Maybe it takes longer to optimize a driver for DirectX9 when your developers are accustomed to optimizing for DirectX11...

1. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Dec 21, 2011, 20:27 Mashiki Amiketo

So do these drivers finally fix the TDR problem with firefox or am I just holding my breath?  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo