Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

18 Million World of Tanks Registrations

Wargaming.net announces their MMOTPS World of Tanks now boasts more than 18 million registered users:

London, UK, Paris, FR and San Francisco, CA (21st December, 2011) - Wargaming.net, the award-winning videogame publisher and developer, announced today that the community of World of Tanks action MMO now exceeds 18 million players worldwide.

"We want to thank our game community for their support," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. "Having so many devoted players is extremely rewarding, and our company will provide them with tons of new game content to enjoy."

Since the release in Russia on August 12, 2010, World of Tanks has successfully entered the European, North American, and Asian markets. The title also holds the Guinness World Record for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server.

The company is working hard on new updates for its highly-acclaimed title, providing constantly evolving game experience.

Join World of Tanks:

• http://worldoftanks.eu/registration/ (Europe)
        • http://worldoftanks.com/registration/ (North America)

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 22, 2011, 16:36 Ant

I registered for its beta, but never played it. Let's see the active number of players.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 22, 2011, 11:11 Mr. Tact

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 20:44:
if this were a north american game you'd all be clamoring to suck it's dick in-front of the media, regardless of it's quality.
Lulz. What I have realized over time is that comments like this reveal more about the speaker than the targets. Until this comment I had no idea where the studio was that made this game. And now, I still don't care.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

21. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 22, 2011, 02:20 .Drifter

You drive around in a tank blowing tanks up.
It's basically quake in a tank.
For what it is, I enjoy it . . . when the match maker is working that is.
Most of the time it's just a massive POS that can't make a decent match at all.
From what I've played, if you're in a match with a tank more than 2, maybe 3 tiers above you, you're screwed. And the tier spread is 5, which means a mid tier (tier 5) can be in a match with a max tier (tier 10) which usually results in a one shot from outside the range you can see anyone.
That's what pisses me off more than the "gold" ammo and "gold" tanks.

20. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 22, 2011, 02:18 eRe4s3r

Also we might have to get into a flame war about what constitutes a server nowadays....  

19. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 22, 2011, 00:55 Donkey_Punch

if this were a north american game you'd all be clamoring to suck it's dick in-front of the media, regardless of it's quality.

Huh? I had no idea who made the game when I tried it out and yawned over it.

Some of my favorite games have been made in Europe.

A shit game is a shit game no matter what continent it was made on.

18. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 21:12 Ludomancer

you can sure tell the games that don't bring home any butter for anyone in these forums... if this were a north american game you'd all be clamoring to suck it's dick in-front of the media, regardless of it's quality.

You think that many folks here are patriotic gamers? I've never thought about the nationality of a game developer, at least since I was a kid in the 80's when "Japan made the best games".
Most American devs today are still sub-par. And fuck the whole country anyway, with all it's problems, but maybe that's what you were hoping someone would say?

17. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 20:44 TurdFergasun

you can sure tell the games that don't bring home any butter for anyone in these forums... if this were a north american game you'd all be clamoring to suck it's dick in-front of the media, regardless of it's quality.  

16. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 19:02 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 17:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 12:56:
My old clan almost eveyrone played. They gave up a lot of good FPS games to play it. One of the reasons I left. They had 3-4 accounts per person.
Ok, I'll bite, Bats. I know nothing about this game. Why have multiple accounts?

No idea. I never installed it.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 17:40 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 12:56:
My old clan almost eveyrone played. They gave up a lot of good FPS games to play it. One of the reasons I left. They had 3-4 accounts per person.
Ok, I'll bite, Bats. I know nothing about this game. Why have multiple accounts?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 17:33 bhcompy

KilrathiAce wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 16:37:
Actual game is pure junk, dont even get me into simulation discussion, its like they throw free candy at mass of kids and see how many they can catch in a net. Don't get dragged into this net, cause its empty gameplay. So much resources lost and them using all those tanks for bs game like this is just disgrace.

How is it more empty than any other game? It's entertaining, you can use tactics and comms if you want(like any other game), you have varied gameplay, etc. Not sure why you're so butthurt, particularly for something that requires no capital outlay

13. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 17:29 Agrikaan

Not a fun game at all, highly overrated. And

And this "The title also holds the Guinness World Record for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server." is just pure BS. What does that record matter when only ~20 people can play in one match anyway?

12. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 16:37 KilrathiAce

Actual game is pure junk, dont even get me into simulation discussion, its like they throw free candy at mass of kids and see how many they can catch in a net. Don't get dragged into this net, cause its empty gameplay. So much resources lost and them using all those tanks for bs game like this is just disgrace.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

11. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 16:20 Wildone

simulation lmao  

10. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 15:18 Donkey_Punch

As others have said, played for 30 minutes, was bored, uninstalled.

I love tank simulations but didn't love this.

9. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 14:46 m0deth

What they don't mention is that about half of those never play it beyond an hour or more once they deal with the bugginess, installation problems on some optimized systems, and frankly once they hit that wall of balanced gameplay(read not very). The interface folks need to look at the last 20 years of game UIs and not make the mistakes others have as well.

They also don't mention that it's a complete grindfest if you don't throw real world money at it.

I'm not hating on it, just trying to tone down the developer sensationalism. They seem like a younger, motivated team so who knows, these could all be growing pains.

8. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 14:37 Cutter

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 13:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 11:18:
Even globally I find that very hard to believe.
Its F2P, and those tend to have a LOT of players.

Yeah, but even ignoring actual active accounts I find it exceedingly hard to believe that 18 million people have signed up for this.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 13:44 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 11:18:
Even globally I find that very hard to believe.
Its F2P, and those tend to have a LOT of players.

6. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 13:41 Innocent

did kim jong il write this press release just before he died?

18 million registrations! and every north korean family eats steak for dinner, every night!

5. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 12:56 xXBatmanXx

Krovven wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 11:47:
I'm registered, havent played beyond the 30min I played 6 months ago and bored to tears.

Active accounts is all that matters.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 12:50 eRe4s3r

Well whatever the number I think we can be sure that it ain't 18 million nor 1 million, not even 500k

Because i can't see this game having any kind of player retainment... but maybe i am wrong..

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo