Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack

The Battlefield Blog announces the free release of the Physical Warfare Pack for owners of the PC and Xbox 360 editions of Battlefield 3. Here's a trailer from the pack for the military shooter sequel, and here's word:

Today, you can access the Physical Warfare Pack for Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360 and PC (PlayStation 3 players received this previously). As promised earlier, this pack is now available at no extra charge for all players.

Physical Warfare Pack grants you instant access to the powerful DAO-12 shotgun, if you havenít unlocked it already. It also features custom flechette ammo for the DAO-12, a flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle, plus the Type 88 Light Machine Gun.

This pack was previously only available as an exclusive pre-order item. Now we are making this available to all Battlefield 3 players at no extra charge.

On Xbox 360, you can find Physical Warfare Pack at no extra charge in the in-game store. On PC, the content should be automatically available in play and visible in Battlelog.

Now go grab your new hardware and take them to the battlefield!

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 22, 2011, 09:52 Verno

LordLaggart wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 16:11:
Metro is one of my favorite maps, you just got to have some skill. Check your corners and doorways before you go charging through them, Noob.

Someone doesn't understand the concept of choke points. Oh no, you called me a noob on the internet, I am angry rarrrr!

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 16:46 venomhed

Sure... I guess you are playing against bots, maybe 8 people max?

Try MP 32/64 players and just how many Teamkills you receive and deliver.

Come back when you're done and give us a full report.... Private.

15. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 16:11 LordLaggart

Metro is one of my favorite maps, you just got to have some skill. Check your corners and doorways before you go charging through them, Noob.  

14. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 13:49 venomhed

You really have to watch the Arma 2 vids and play a demo. I have always thought they sucked and the majority of gamers think so too. With that said, it doesn't mean squat, as you may find it the best game of all time. It is def love or hate for sure. I admire its scope and ambition, but the actual feel and mechanics resemble Jurassic Park Tresspasser.... overly complex and clunky.  

13. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 13:12 Verno

Firestorm and Caspian are big but all of the action is centralized due to capture point placement. They can be fun but they're fundamentally flawed. Really the only stand out maps with large design that is taken into account for proper Conquest play are the old BF2 maps they just ported over. I agree that Metro is a piece of shit though, it's basically a glorified attachment unlocker. There is nothing redeeming to the design whatsoever. It just encourages the worst elements of the game like mindless explosive spamming and pointless choke camping.

Never played Arma2, any good?

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

12. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 13:03 venomhed

"metro is a blast!but i would love it if they had HUGE, ARMA-type maps! Then you would REALLY need teamwork to advance across those huge distances."

Metro has been voted the worst and most unbalanced map for Rush and Conquest by the BF3 community. Are you sure you're playing the same game as the rest of us?

And Caspian, Gulf of Oman and Firestorm are plenty big. Arma is too big and clumsy to be a video game.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2011, 13:30.

11. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good, preorder weapons are a bullshit symptom of modern gaming. VOIP complaints aside, I am still enjoying BF3, I usually set up with my squad of friends before we get on a server.

Mumble >> Teamspeak >> Jokish BF3 voice com.

10. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 09:59 bhcompy

Bucky wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 23:42:
Meh. I've had the pack the whole time, and the only thing I ever used for any length of time was the Type-88, and it was only briefly.

I'd much rather they put out a patch for in-game VoIP. I hate to even say it, but I'd pay to see it done.

In-game voip would be nice, but the good servers generally have TS/Vent/Mumble setup so it doesn't necessarily make a difference

9. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 08:58 tuddies

metro is a blast!

but i would love it if they had HUGE, ARMA-type maps! Then you would REALLY need teamwork to advance across those huge distances. Squads would become very, very valuable.

Hopefully, the next-gen consoles will come with a gig or two of memory to allow this to happen!

8. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 06:40 Nacelle

I pre-ordered and am not mad. I thought it was a dick move to not just give the maps to everyone in the first place.  

7. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 04:31 InBlack

Im guessing people who preordered arent very happy right now.  

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 03:35 Jackplug

oh woohoo, freebies oh wot fun. Give me a sdk pack with a map editor inside and very I be happy to create something better than that shite metro map.  

5. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 00:56 MajorD

Really!? Woopy-Fricken'-DOOEY!!! They make it sound like it is this huge give away. We'll see if they give away their next map pack DLC at no charge. Then I will be impressed.

4. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 21, 2011, 00:29 Tumbler

If I install this, what will it unlock in SWTOR? Anything? No? Well that is too bad. Maybe you can make a star wars expansion for your game then I might want to play it again.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 20, 2011, 23:42 Bucky

Meh. I've had the pack the whole time, and the only thing I ever used for any length of time was the Type-88, and it was only briefly.

I'd much rather they put out a patch for in-game VoIP. I hate to even say it, but I'd pay to see it done.

2. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 20, 2011, 22:27 Learning

Thanks,now where is the VOIP ??  

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

1. Re: BF3 Free Physical Warfare Pack Dec 20, 2011, 22:25 LittleMe

I love BF3 and this PWP is nice. But all the countless upgrades and weapon addons are very confusing to me especially with how the loadout UI is designed for gamepads and doesn't show everything in one place, so to speak.

The new B2K maps are amazing, much better than the vanilla maps. They just play so much better for me.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo