Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Patched

Wargaming.net announces the launch of the promised version 7.0 update for World of Tanks, saying the ensuing version 7.1 update for the MMOTPS is already in the works. Here's a bit:

World of Tanks' most anticipated update includes numerous camouflages visible to all players. Tankers will be able to ride their roaring monsters across new maps - Fjords and Swamp. In addition to the scenery of the new battle arenas, updated special effects including salvos and explosions will add realism to the gameplay.

Tank Company mode has also been improved to fit players' requirements and abilities. Tankmen can now choose the division of battles with different tier caps: Junior (tier 4), Medium (tier 6), Champion (tier 8), and Absolute (tier 10).

The company also announced the upcoming release of Update 7.1 featuring the French tech tree. 18 new vehicles will introduce the first three branches of the French nation; light, medium, and heavy steel chariots will enrich the combat and bring all-new tactics into the game. These will later be followed by SPGs and tank destroyers.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 21, 2011, 09:04 Ant

I sitll need to try this online game. I loved BF's tanks!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 20:22 TurdFergasun

the gameplay is fantastic in this game, once you learn the ins and outs. the upgrade paths and tech tree's are interesting enough, and the historical background is cool to read up on too, if you're into tank i guess, if not you won't get too much out of it probably.

haven't played 7.0 yet, but will be hopping in within the next few days to get reacquainted. alot less BS in the games and players than any fps MP games i can think of either.

4. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 14:30 bhcompy

Keith wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:45:
I've really been getting my money's worth out of WoT. There are some frustrating aspects, like fellow players who seem to be asleep at the wheel, but overall great fun. Very visceral experience. Plus it's free to play. The first tiem I tried it I was kind of "meh". But after giving it a second chance, I've been hooked.

Very well said.

Also it's nice that the longest game is 15minutes. Long enough to feel satisfying, short enough that you don't need to dedicate a bunch of time or feel burdened by it.

3. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 13:45 Keith

I've really been getting my money's worth out of WoT. There are some frustrating aspects, like fellow players who seem to be asleep at the wheel, but overall great fun. Very visceral experience. Plus it's free to play. The first tiem I tried it I was kind of "meh". But after giving it a second chance, I've been hooked.  

2. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 11:17 Turglar

Yeah this game is really stagnant. They've been claiming to be working on new game modes for like 2 years, but still no sign of them. It's pretty obvious all they care about is adding new $30-$50 premium tanks and tank lines to bleed the fools who buy them (and spend gold to convert xp) dry.

I would have been a lot happier with this game if it was just buy to play and didn't pretend to be a MMO just to milk the shit out of the playerbase.

1. Re: World of Tanks Patched Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 InBlack

A fun game, but it grew thin a while ago. Ever since getting Skyrim I havent touched it. The clan warfare is exciting, but the developers are sort of groping in the dark with regards to variety. There really is none in this game.

One lousy gamemode will lead to a massive burnout even with the most hardcore players. A shame that developer greed and incompetence has steered the game in this direction.

I have a nifty blue line!

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo