Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On SWTOR Queues

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website outlines BioWare's concern over reports of long player queues to access Star Wars: The Old Republic, their MMORPG in the midst of its early access period. Here's word from Live Services Executive Producer Jeff Hickman:

We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable.

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

14. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:43 InBlack

So once some of you manage to get into the game, is it any good?

From what Ive seen of it, it looks like a LITE version of KOTOR with some multiplayer sort of tacked on. Does it feature any ship to ship combat?

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:43 briktal

Zuckuss wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:33:
I hate how it disconnects you for being idle. If I am going to pay $15 a month to play, it should allow me to be connected 24/7. Maybe they should develop a pay scale where you pay to play by the hour?

Isn't that how MMOs work in Asia?

12. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:38 Turglar

So basically the whole wave system only served to piss off late preorders and delay the massive queues by a handful of days. I started on friday on a pvp server and there were already level 50s, they should have just let everyone in at once.  

11. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:36 Zuckuss

1 month has 720 hours in it. We can start there.  

10. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:35 Verno

I hate how it disconnects you for being idle. If I am going to pay $15 a month to play, it should allow me to be connected 24/7. Maybe they should develop a pay scale where you pay to play by the hour?

Hahaha oh god you just named the next thing coming.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

9. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:34 Sempai

3 hour Q times?

Part art and part science? Fuck You.

8. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:34 nin

Maybe they should develop a pay scale where you pay to play by the hour?

OMG. Silence. Immediately. Don't even think that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:33 Zuckuss

6. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:28 nin

Frijoles wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:23:
30 minute queue last night. I think I saw two that said 1:15 hours. Yuck. Reminds me of having to login to WoW right after work so it would be ready by the time I could play. On the plus side, once logged in things are stable.

Anyone know if you jump the queue if you get disconnected?

I've seen a few 2 hour queues, but on my server it's not normally much past 30 minutes. I tend to kick it off, look at the time, and go do laundry or whatever in the meantime.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:26 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:23:
Reminds me of having to login to WoW right after work so it would be ready by the time I could play.
Yeah I knew some WoW heads at work that set up remote desktop just to log their character in a hour or so before they left work so it was all set to go when they got home. Otherwise at prime time (~5:00PM ET) it would take them a hour or more to get in.

4. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:24 necrosis

I thought queues were common enough now to expect them on a big game release.  

3. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:23 Frijoles

30 minute queue last night. I think I saw two that said 1:15 hours. Yuck. Reminds me of having to login to WoW right after work so it would be ready by the time I could play. On the plus side, once logged in things are stable.

Anyone know if you jump the queue if you get disconnected?

2. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:21 Cutter

Why not add more servers now and remove them later on? Just allow people free server transfers. Oh right, because its like a nightclub, make people line-up when they don't have to so it seems popular. It's like them limiting pre-sales numbers. It's all just so much marketing nonsense. I can't believe you guys are giving those assholes money.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 10:18 Zuckuss

Screw the queues, how bout some high rez shadows!

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo