Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders DLC

Steam now offers Dungeon Defenders - Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Part 1, new DLC for Trendy Entertainment's Tower Defense/action/RPG. This is accompanied by a new Dungeon Defenders automatic patch. This DLC quest is the first of a four-part series, and word is there's a bundle also available: "A Complete Pack of all 4 parts of the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards is available now on Steam for a limited time for only $9.75 (retail $12.99). Purchasing this will grant players access to the content as it releases as well as early access to Nightmare Mode. Nightmare Mode is an even harder difficulty mode which will eventually unlock for PC owners of all 4 DLC packs and incorporate all of the new enemies into the full campaign. Complete Pack owners will get to try out Nightmare Mode with these enemies as they are released."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders DLC Dec 17, 2011, 07:40 Prez

I hadn't really noticed that myself, though I play it casually. I have played it with some people who min/max the HELL out of it though, so I'm sure the tweaks you're talking about are to satisfy them.

Personally, I can't think of anything that sucks the joy out of the game faster than min/maxing all your characters to level 70 in the absolute shortest time possible, but to each his own.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders DLC Dec 17, 2011, 06:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beware of Dungeon Defenders, new gamers. The game is good, but Trendy patches the hell out of the game, sometimes on a daily basis. It has gone from a nice Tower D game with some 3rd person combat to kind of a major grind fest, with large scale nerfs/buffs seemingly at random.

It's still fun at the lower levels, but Trendy is definitely having a hard time making up their mind as to what the 'end game' identity of the game is supposed to be. For me personally, I am starting to dislike it, as they are headed towards multiple hour grind fests, to buff up a melee/ranged character's items mostly, since towers do not currently scale well at all vs max level enemies.

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders DLC Dec 16, 2011, 22:48 Ventura

I'm planning on buying two copies of Dungeon Defenders the moment there's another sale. I missed it before, but it's getting a lot of good publicity, and having since watched a lot of movies it looks to be just my cup of tea. I know the core game's only $15, but if you add the price of the hero pack and then this dlc to it, it's approaching $30 each.

Here's hoping some good Steam Christmas sales are just around the corner.

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders DLC Dec 16, 2011, 21:38 Prez

Sweet. I need more content for this addictive-as-hell game!  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo