Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website features the final "choose your side" trailer hashing out another character class debate for BioWare's MMORPG, which is currently in early access mode, and set to officially launch next week. Here's word on the clip: "In the fourth and final entry of 'Choose Your Side,' members of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ development team discuss each of the different classes in the game, putting them against each other to see who reigns supreme. This time around the Smuggler faces off against the Sith Warrior to see which class has the upper hand in a one-on-one engagement."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 19:22 Mashiki Amiketo

ScottB wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 18:41:
I'm still baffled why people feel that having to wait in line for a game you're paying a monthly fee for is acceptable...?

I don't think the subscription period has kicked in, yet. This is like a free play for those who pre-ordered.
Well I just pre-ordered and got free-play time in without a wait at all.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 18:41 Leper

I'm still baffled why people feel that having to wait in line for a game you're paying a monthly fee for is acceptable...?

I don't think the subscription period has kicked in, yet. This is like a free play for those who pre-ordered.

12. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 17:12 Dades

justice7 wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 09:57:
I blame Skyrim, for making every other game feel like shit.

I blame the MMORPG industry, for being endlessly derivative and repetitive.

11. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 16:05 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 22:42:

Just got my account setup, since amazon is shipping orders early. 25 minute wait/300 in queue on my server.

At least in the short term, looking at server queues, I'd say it's easily a success. Fun part is what it looks like in 6 months.

Creston

10. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 14:42 Mashiki Amiketo

justice7 wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 09:57:
All that means, is that other games need to climb to a higher level of quality.

By the by, anyone feel like giving their live impressions so far? I'm still holding off on it. Damn beta was a gigantic clusterfuck of epic proportions for me and I could never get it to work properly.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2011, 15:31.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 09:57 justice7

sir wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 05:32:
I really wanted to like this game, but having played the beta weekends I just couldn't connect with the characters, story or environment. I fear the MMORPG genre may finally be dead to me.

8. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 05:32 sir

I really wanted to like this game, but having played the beta weekends I just couldn't connect with the characters, story or environment. I fear the MMORPG genre may finally be dead to me.  

7. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 02:33 Koshmar

That would be my server, The Harbringer.  

6. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 01:20 nin

I feel for ya... No queues for us on Sith Wyrm (Empire) though : )

As I was logging out, I rechecked the queue times and see a west coast server with a two hour wait. Holy shit.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 00:01 Alamar

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 22:42:

Just got my account setup, since amazon is shipping orders early. 25 minute wait/300 in queue on my server.

At least in the short term, looking at server queues, I'd say it's easily a success. Fun part is what it looks like in 6 months.

I feel for ya... No queues for us on Sith Wyrm (Empire) though : )

We got our SI's to 16 tonight... Should finish out this planet and get our rides early tomorrow. Then finally I'll get to see some new content : )

She's loving the story driven aspect.

-Alamar

4. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 22:42 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 22:38 The Half Elf

There have been enough improvements from Beta to Early Access that I would say it's hard to tell how the mid-game is. But from what I was told from full time beta people it really opens up.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 21:41 ASeven

So, updated impressions on the game now that the beta's been out for a while? How's the midgame?  

1. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 20:58 Tumbler

We're still several days away from launch and these Queue's are already getting a little nuts. Was 30 min for my server earlier, now it's an hour. Server performance has been outstanding though, once you're in I've never been disconnected and I'm seeing very little lag.

Pleasantly surprised by the crafting system. Doesn't stop you from playing the game, very easily fits into playing the game where you can be crafting over time while you're completing missions.

Just got my spaceship and having fun see those missions finally. EA was pretty clever shipping the game early, I already got my copy from Amazon so if I decide at hte last minute I don't want to bite the bullet then I have to ship the game back and deal with all that.

Clever move EA.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo