Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Today's Daily Wishlist Giveaway sale on Steam is Tales of Monkey Island for 75% off.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2011, 03:13 Prez

Yeah, Demigod was the game Stardock published for Chris Taylor. It seemed like a great match. The game did in fact turn out very well, but the launch was disastrous, and the lack of enough post-release support (or at least an SDK to let the community do some content padding) pretty much doomed it to obscurity. I highly recommend it for 7 bucks nonetheless - it's the only DoTA game I've ever found that keeps me interested for any length of time.

On a side note, you would have thought that Stardock would have learned the tough lesson from Demigod's launch, but incredibly they had an even worse launch disaster with "Elemental", which almost doomed the company (The game was simply nowhere near ready for release). As it is, Stardock had to lay off people and shed itself of Impulse just to stay afloat, and another potentially great game was lost in the noise.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2011, 23:49 Elf Shot The Food

Isn't Demigod another Stardock-published game? I guess it won't be long before Elemental is on Steam too.  

1. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2011, 22:27 Alamar

I loved the original Monkey Island, so I can't really imagine liking the new ones... That seems ironic to me.

-Alamar

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo