Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday

A comment on reddit by ArenaNet in the I Am A chat mentioned earlier reveals plans to begin closed beta testing of Guild Wars 2 on Friday: "We will officially enter Closed Beta Testing this Friday. It will be marked with an increase in our pool of testers. To clarify, this phase of testing is still under NDA and is not open to the public. Based on the feedback we get from our current Closed Beta Testing, we will determine the next phases of our beta program in which we will open beta access to more people." Also, there's this follow up post indicating they are not offering any hints on the selection process for the beta for the MMORPG sequel. Thanks Guild Wars 2 Slovenija.

View
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Dec 14, 2011, 20:28 Alamar

LgFriess wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 18:57:
Anybody know how open this world is? I was a little (lot) disappointed in some of the beginning areas of SWTOR. The space felt very confined. I understand they do this to properly push the story aspect but I'm just a fan of big, open worlds to explore (loving Skyrim). WoW initially gave me this "big world to explore" feeling.

And ya, I'm aware that SWTOR does get "bigger" as you level.

Well, with GW2, one of the goals, since it has no end game, is that you can go back to early content, and still be 'challenged'...

Like City of Heroes/Villains, they split your level into two; combat and 'other'... So while you may be level 80, if you go to a lvl 5 zone, you'll get knocked down to 'effective lvl 8' or so...

Due to that, and since there is no story pushing you forward (in the open world), the whole thing is one big blob of quests (dynamic events). So ya, it will feel more open than SWTOR in that regard.

We'll see how well the system works... I personally like being able to 'go back' and rip through the content; like running friends through dungeons/quests, etc...

-Alamar

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 14, 16:51 Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Cutter
  2. Dec 14, 18:32  Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday nin
  3. Dec 14, 18:54   Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Cutter
  4. Dec 14, 18:57   Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday LgFriess
  5. Dec 14, 19:01    Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Mikus_Aurelius
  6. Dec 14, 19:27     Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Fion
>> 7. Dec 14, 20:28    Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Alamar
  8. Dec 14, 21:12   Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Mordecai Walfish
  9. Dec 14, 21:49    Re: Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta Friday Undocumented Alien