Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Alan Wake Announced

Remedy Entertainment announces Alan Wake is coming for Windows early next year, confirming recent indications that a PC edition of the third-person shooter/psychological thriller is in the works. They include the first screenshot from the Windows edition, and word that it will include content that's DLC on the Xbox 360 edition:

Remedy Entertainment is proud to announce the PC release of Alan Wake. Coming in early 2012, the game will give PC gamers the Alan Wake experience they have been patiently waiting for. Remedy is a developer with deep roots in the PC space (Death Rally and Max Payne 1 and 2), so the game will have the high resolution polish that longtime fans will expect.

The PC version of the game will also include The Signal and The Writer downloadable content.

Alan Wake tells the story of a best-selling writer suffering from writer’s block. He goes on vacation to the small town of Bright Falls with his wife, Alice, to gain back his creative flow. Shortly upon arrival, Wake finds himself trapped in a nightmare when his wife mysteriously goes missing. He keeps finding pages of a manuscript he apparently wrote, but can’t remember writing. The manuscript is coming true. An involving psychological action thriller, Alan Wake raises the bar in storytelling and creating a suspenseful cinematic experience.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 20:18 Prez

And don't forget, poor miserly Remedy is so broke that they have to program their games on netbooks and pay for their lunches with food stamps.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 12:43 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 12:28:
I predict it will cost $50 and include such amazing features as the ability to change your resolution and remap your keybindings.

I think you're being a bit optimistic, keybindings is a premium feature that takes significant resources to develop and there's just no time for you PC gamers when we have important stuffs to worry about.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

46. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 12:28 Jerykk

I predict it will cost $50 and include such amazing features as the ability to change your resolution and remap your keybindings.  

45. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 09:17 ibm

nutshell42 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 16:23:
Remedy Entertainment is proud to announce the PC release of Alan Wake.

Fuck you Remedy.

Harsh but fair.

44. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 05:27 Fantaz

nutshell42 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 16:23:
Remedy Entertainment is proud to announce the PC release of Alan Wake.

Fuck you Remedy.
Elim wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 22:12:
Hey Remedy, fuck you. Have a nice holiday.

Ouch guys... so much hate. I think this is pretty good to have have more console games come to PC, because it's more games for PC. Better graphics, 3D, eyefinity, etc. Just I wouldn't be too pleased if they told us this was coming in 2013 only...

43. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 05:09 theyarecomingforyou

It would have to be an excellent port, with excellent reviews and cost less than half the price of a normal game for me to even consider it. And considering the X360 version only managed an 83 on Metacritic - nearly two years ago - I have an incredibly hard time believing it will be anything of the sort. The most annoying thing is that the early videos looked really promising, like the game had a lot of atmosphere and didn't rely on combat, but it turned out to just be another action game.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

42. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 01:43 Eldaron Imotholin

Too little, way too late.

I borrowed the XBox 360 from a friend to play this game and boy, was I disappointed. The best part of the whole game was the Max Payne easter-egg in his appartment. Other than that it's like the latest Alone in The Dark, if not more boring.

The environments were pretty, though! I couldn't enjoy them with a controller however, since every turn ached my soul.

Only reason I'll play this game on the PC is to check how much better it looks with a slight hope of experiencing the game as being way more immersive. I cannot immerse immerse into a game while sitting on a coach in the livingroom.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

41. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 15, 2011, 00:54 vrok

I never asked for this.  

40. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 23:43 siapnar

I also thought it was a good game, although repetitive... and the last few levels (see: driving) were horrific.

Still, I had fun.

I'm with the consensus on Remedy, though.

I have projectile dysfunction.

39. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 22:48 gsilver

What's with all the negativity? I rented Alan Wake back when it came out, and I found it entertaining enough. Repetitive, yes, but the presentation and story were enough to drive it all the way to the end. Once it's cheap and on Steam, I'm planning on buying it.  

38. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 22:31 Alamar

Is it odd that I didn't know this wasn't already out for PC?

I think I recall a bunch of hype, and then nothing... And that's literally all I know about it...

-Alamar

37. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 22:16 Dades

I'd rather play a Remedy developed Max Payne but I think they sold the rights to fund their little failed foray into console land.  

36. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 22:12 Elim

Hey Remedy, fuck you. Have a nice holiday.  

35. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 21:29 HugeJerk

Remedy makes some fun games... and this is one that I would have pre-ordered for the PC, but since they dropped the PC release way back, I just borrowed it from a friend and played thru it on the 360. It was mostly murdering drunk hobos in the woods, so I won't be bothering to buy it for PC with it so long after the console version.  

34. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 20:58 Bumpy

Just another console port coming to PC. I'll buy it for $5 if its a fantastic port. I assume it will have proper FOV, quicksave, and latest DirectX, right?  

33. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 20:38 noman

Good news. I'll get this game when it hit the $20 mark.  

32. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 20:08 Prez

I try to take the emotion out of my media consumption, but in this case, it's hard to not feel like PC gamers are being treated like some guy's go-to whore when their main squeeze is on the rag.

Still, being a slut for games myself, I can't say I'm completely put off by this turn of events. Now to wait and see for myself if it is any good...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

31. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 18:52 killer_roach

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 18:01:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:40:
Remember when this was a PC game? And then remember when you fucked us by making it Xbox exclusive?
And remember the first previews, with the outlook of a fantastic survival gameplay? And not this boring, mass appeal, Resident Evil wannabe which AW turned out to be?

There were never previews, just articles about the tech, and how it was using a 8 core intel super cooled, super computer to run it.

Don't think it was an 8-core machine... if I recall correctly the Intel tech demos were running on a Core 2 Quad (Kentsfield) at 3.73 GHz and engineering sample GeForce 8800 cards in SLI.

30. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 18:01 The Half Elf

Kajetan wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:40:
Remember when this was a PC game? And then remember when you fucked us by making it Xbox exclusive?
And remember the first previews, with the outlook of a fantastic survival gameplay? And not this boring, mass appeal, Resident Evil wannabe which AW turned out to be?

There were never previews, just articles about the tech, and how it was using a 8 core intel super cooled, super computer to run it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

29. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 18:00 DarkEmperor

Finally! - a reason to pirate a game again in this post Steam era...

(how it takes me back)

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo