Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced

EA officially announces Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances, an upcoming free-to-play, cross-platform (browsers/mobile) MMO strategy game set in the Command & Conquer Tiberium universe, explaining EA's recent acquisition of several domains related to the title. One of those domains is now live as a website for the game, where they are accepting signups for closed beta testing, which is set to begin tomorrow. Here's word:

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Dec 14, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --Sign Up Now for A Chance to Participate in the Closed Beta and Fight for Your Territory

Only the strong survive. Phenomic(TM), an Electronic Arts Inc. ERTS -0.24% studio, today announced Command & Conquer(TM) Tiberium Alliances, an all new free-to-play, massively multiplayer online (MMO) strategy game set in the Command & Conquer Tiberium universe. In the quest for world domination, players must choose their friends wisely and foster strategic alliances as they fight against each other and hordes of mutant enemies. Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is the first truly portable MMO game with cross-platform accessibility on web browsers and mobile devices. Gamers can get in on the epic battle for world supremacy by signing up for the closed beta at www.tiberiumalliances.com . The closed beta starts on December 15, 2011.

"Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is the first MMO and first free-to-play game for the long-running Command & Conquer series. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to forge new ground with this acclaimed franchise," said Martin Lohlein, Senior Producer, Phenomic. "We're hoping to deliver an experience that will allow our loyal fans to play their favorite franchise anywhere they go, while introducing the exciting world of Tiberium to new players."

By integrating revolutionary in-game social and news update feeds, Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances plunges players into a completely interactive and dynamic gameplay experience. Live status streams and newsfeeds are updated in real time, forcing players to strategize, react, and adapt on the spot. MMO Strategy has never been faster or more critical to winning.

Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is the second of two upcoming additions to the Command & Conquer franchise. Command & Conquer Generals 2 was announced on December 10, 2011 and is being developed by BioWare. For more information on Command & Conquer Generals 2, please visit www.commandandconquer.com .

For more information on Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances and to register for a chance to be selected for exclusive early beta access, please visit www.tiberiumalliances.com .

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 15, 2011, 09:50 Beamer

Fantaz wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 05:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 10:50:
Still sounds better than Sole Survivor.
Still not playing it.

Sole Survivor was great because it played like a regular C&C but focused on single-unit in deathmatch multiplayer. (a bit laggy but whatever, it was basic and fun)

It had less depth than any casual game people here get mocked for playing. Hell, it had less depth than Peggle and that game is 100% random luck.

It was possibly the most boring game a major studio released in the late 90s.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 15, 2011, 09:20 Bhruic

I mean, EA just announced a real, brand new, graphically high-end, PC-exclusive RTS using Frostbite 2 less than a week ago.

People hated it.

Now they announce a Facebook-based free-to-play RTS.

People hate it.

Funny, I've read the C&C Generals 2 thread, and I don't see any large amount of hate for it. Sure, there are probably one or two, but there are one or two people that hate everything. You just tend to gloss over them after awhile.

25. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 15, 2011, 06:42 Ant

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 12:40:
Jago wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 12:13:
I always liked the GDI logo.
Welcome back Commander

*wipes tear*
"Ion Cannon ready."

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

24. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 15, 2011, 05:36 Fantaz

Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 10:50:
Still sounds better than Sole Survivor.
Still not playing it.

Sole Survivor was great because it played like a regular C&C but focused on single-unit in deathmatch multiplayer. (a bit laggy but whatever, it was basic and fun) But C&C4: Tiberian Twilight on the other hand was a pile of crap that was nothing C&C about it. (~60% on meta ratings) I don't think this F2P game will do that well because the casual F2P crowd do not go for hardcore RTS games. That is unless EA changes that with their gameplay for this, which would suck and probably will happen. Instead I'd rather wait for Generals 2 to come out which is going to be actually good.

23. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 21:12 Draugr

Just ignore their comments altogether if you hate them with such a burning passion.  

22. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 18:50 elefunk

Then why are you pretending that the problem is the specific game in question instead of the company at all?

Why not ignore it altogether if you hate EA with such a burning passion?

21. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 18:17 bluehair

elefunk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 17:47:
Why don't you guys just flat-out admit that you want jack shit to do with everything related to EA ...

While there is a lot I don't like about EA, on the odd occasion, they do get it right sometimes.

P.S. I agree with most of the negative comments on here, because I love the C&C brand.

20. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 17:54 Kajetan

elefunk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 17:47:
I think this thread epitomizes what's wrong with Blue's News commenters.
May be there's something wrong with the products this company announces or the way they make business?

NOOOO! It surely has to be Blue's News commenters!

19. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 17:47 elefunk

I think this thread epitomizes what's wrong with Blue's News commenters.

I mean, EA just announced a real, brand new, graphically high-end, PC-exclusive RTS using Frostbite 2 less than a week ago.

People hated it.

Now they announce a Facebook-based free-to-play RTS.

People hate it.

Why don't you guys just flat-out admit that you want jack shit to do with everything related to EA and Command and Conquer, and stop shitting-up threads with endless cynicism since it's obvious you'll never like anything they ever announce? Why even post at all?

18. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 16:33 Rossafur

And they probably hire more people with degrees in I/O psychology than actual game design, ha.
Keep pushing that lever!

17. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 15:24 DangerDog

I've given all of EA's "free" games a try, Battlefield Heroes *BARF*, Battlefield Play4free *BRAIN HEMORRHAGING BAD*.

I guess I'll have to give this a try too.

16. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 14:51 Rhett

They just couldn't let Command and Conquer die with dignity back at Red Alert 2. *sigh*

Now it's like the common whore.

15. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 14:35 CommunistHamster

Oh also, its for things like tablets, which are shooting off and overtaking laptops. Laptops already had passed up desktops in many areas. People on tablets and phones don't want to pay much money (if any) for casual games, so F2P fits that much better. Plus companies are looking at things like Zynga raking in the millions from F2P facebook games.

Apart from sales and portability, in every other area, desktops are still king.

Apart from the lack of a mouse, there's no reason you can't do decent games that will run on most peoples laptops (just scale the graphics and physics down to 2004 levels and dress it up in a nice art-style) but all the big companies seem to be doing is shitting out terrible, terrible versions of old franchises, with social networking, unlocks and achievements in lieu of compelling gameplay mechanics. It's worse than when bloom replaced art-style.

Not to mention the very stretched definition of MMO.

14. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 14:23 Lobster

Of course it's free to play. Not even EA is shameless enough to try to charge for a C&C game after 4.

They'll let Bioware try that.

13. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 13:56 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:14:
People on tablets and phones don't want to pay much money (if any) for casual games, so F2P fits that much better.
And no one noticed that here a little bit money and there a little bit money accumulates over time to MUCH FUCKING MORE money those people would NEVER pay when they realize the whole sum.

These are not games, these are money accumulation services to rip of stupid people.

12. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 13:14 Dev

Rossafur wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:08:
Are all these mobile and browser-based games solely for people wasting time at work or in class? I can't imagine ever playing any of these when I can play a real game on my own dedicated PC.
That's part of it, and there's also many computers that don't have gaming cards just built in integrated graphics.

And sometimes people just enjoy a break. Sometimes I want to play a casual type game for 30 mins, not for 10 hours straight.

For instance, I just spent a little time with this little game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ToffeeGames/earn-to-die
Its cars, and zombies, and trying to drive as far as you can to earn money to... drive further. Reminds me of that casual game with launching hedgehogs into space with rubber bands.

Edit:
Oh also, its for things like tablets, which are shooting off and overtaking laptops. Laptops already had passed up desktops in many areas. People on tablets and phones don't want to pay much money (if any) for casual games, so F2P fits that much better. Plus companies are looking at things like Zynga raking in the millions from F2P facebook games.

11. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 13:08 Rossafur

Are all these mobile and browser-based games solely for people wasting time at work or in class? I can't imagine ever playing any of these when I can play a real game on my own dedicated PC.  

10. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 12:40 netnerd85

Jago wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 12:13:
Welcome back Commander

*wipes tear*

9. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 12:13 Jago

8. Re: C&C Tiberium Alliances Announced Dec 14, 2011, 11:39 Optional nickname

Origin name not valid!