Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Patch Notes

The World of Warcraft Website offers a new set of version 4.3 Hour of Twilight Patch Notes for Blizzard's MMORPG. These come in spite of the release of said patch over two weeks ago and one two three hotfixes since then, proving that keeping up with game patches can be confusing, even with a centrally updated MMORPG.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 16:57 Cutter

Well, that's the thing we don't know one way or the other and it's not like any company has never lied to pad the books. I'm just saying at this point I'd suspect the attition in the last year or two would be signifigantly higher and that this is pretty much an ongoing process from here on in - with MoP being the slight blip that may bring some people back for a month or three at most.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 16:31 Frijoles

Didn't they say they had 10 million in the investor conference call thing a couple of months ago? Seems like lying in that would be a very bad thing to do.

Also, 4.3 instances are awesome. Cata still sucks, but at least they've started to fix some of the issues.

7. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 14:42 scratz

Something went seriously wrong with that reply. Ignore the dupe.  

6. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 14:39 scratz

Widen your world view, kids. WoW has a much, much larger population in Asia than it does in the US or Europe. A slow demise in your tiny little corner of the world does not equate to a global failure. (I'd wager most of their revenue comes from the US; but I'd imagine overseas operational expenses are measurably lighter alongside their revenues, and result in rather significant margins)  

5. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 14:09 Verno

scratz wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:30:
Widen your world view, kids. WoW has a much, much larger population in Asia than it does in the US or Europe. A slow demise in your tiny little corner of the world does not equate to a global failure. (I'd wager most of their revenue comes from the US; but I'd imagine overseas operational expenses are measurably lighter alongside their revenues, and result in rather significant margins)

Perhaps you should take your own advice about world views Their revenues wouldn't necessarily be made up from simply more players despite decreased costs. The margins per player in EU/NA are probably much higher than Asian countries, many of which are on alternative revenue models because their respective economies won't tolerate a higher cost (or due to government interference which is the case quite often too).

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

4. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 13:30 scratz

3. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 deqer

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 10:32:
I've noticed in WoW's new Chuck Norris comercials they're claiming 10 million people still play. I find that *very* hard to believe.
I don't think 10 million are playing either. More like, 4 million.

There are realms that have existed since 2005, and they're dead now. Low population. They've become "New Player" realms now.

2. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 10:51 Frijoles

Heart transmog. Been having fun getting my chars to look like something other than a clown.  

1. Re: WoW Patch Notes Dec 14, 2011, 10:32 Cutter

I've noticed in WoW's new Chuck Norris comercials they're claiming 10 million people still play. I find that *very* hard to believe.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo