Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Humble Indie Bundle #4

The Humble Bundle Website now offers The Humble Indie Bundle #4, the latest edition in this pick-you-price bundle series with a charitable component. This time around the bundle consists of seven multi-platform, DRM-free games: All participants will receive Super Meat Boy, Shank, Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, and NightSky, and those who pay more than the average price will also get Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles. The EFF is no longer involved, as now customers can choose how their donation is split between the developers, Child's Play, and the American Red Cross.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 14, 2011, 10:19 StingingVelvet

AdamK47 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 10:10:
Does this version of Super Meat Boy require Steam?

No version does, even the Steam version can be played without Steam and is DRM free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 14, 2011, 10:10 AdamK47

Does this version of Super Meat Boy require Steam?  

12. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 14, 2011, 01:23 Dev

I wonder why EFF is off the donation list. I kinda liked that they were getting something.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/#!/humble/status/146655575290286080
Looks like the humble bundle 4 devs voted on who to have and they decided red cross instead.

As well, EFF may well return presumably depending on who the devs of the next bundle vote

11. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 23:54 Bucky

I already own 4 of the 7 games, and can honestly say this might be the best humble bundle yet. Super Meat Boy alone is worth $15. I'll be grabbing this, Shank has been on my wishlist for ages but I've yet to see a sale, until now.  

10. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 23:06 Dev

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 21:33:
Wow, with all the other bundles popping up, the Humble Indie group just seems to be cranking them out really fast.

Maybe its because the developers really are enjoying this and the help with its sales.

I know that the maker of The Oil Blue (sold in the Indie Royale bundle) has stated:

"15,000 sales of the Indie Royale bundle! That's x35 what I sold on my own with the Oil Blue in 1.5 years." Link

They might make less per sale, but make a ton more sales and get better known. And with the Humble Indie Bundle being the more well known, it might be worth it to offer your games there.
Very cool, I bought the thing with oil blue in it and have been quite enjoying it for what it is.

9. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 23:02 nin

Can we have a week off from an indie bundle? At this rate I'll finally be checking these out once I hit the retirement home.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 23:01 Mordecai Walfish

A friend surprised me with this when I woke up today & saw the gift in my e-mail. I already had Jamestown, Bit Trip, and Cave Story+ but am really enjoying the others in this pack!

Shank is a beat-em-up with a surprisingly smooth & variable combat system. Animation along the lines of Samurai Jack, from Cartoon Network.. and probably my least favorite part of the game (though it does flow smoothly)

Havent tried Super Meat Boy yet but I've heard good things.

Gotta say the real stand-out for me in this pack is Jamestown though. Its an excellent shmup, and the only downside in the game is a lack of internet Co-op. Local Co-op on a big screen TV (& arcade sticks ^_^) is an absolute blast with 4 players though.

Havent tried Gratuitous Space Battles yet, but it seems that you are actually given two copies of the game if you activate it in steam. One key is given to you on the Humble Bundle page, the other is given to you in Steam itself when you launch the game, and both are different, allowing you to create 2 separate multiplayer accounts to use. (thats as far as I got in the game though)

Best humble bundle yet, no doubt. I hope they break $1,000,000 in sales by midnight tonight. I think I'll buy a couple more for friends to help that become a reality.

7. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 22:58 CannibalBob

This one is a great bundle if you enjoy platformers! The only one that sticks out is Gratuitous Space Battles, the only non-action game in that pack. The other games are all actually quite tough (but a lot of fun!).  

"If you like it, they will stop making it" - Herblock's Law

6. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 22:40 CrimsonPaw

I'll be picking this up. The site is running hella' slow though so I don't think I'll be grabbing it tonight.  
~~Crim~~

5. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 22:19 Prez

Shank is a really nifty 2D shooter/scroller that has an awesome "Samurai Jack" vibe.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 22:15 Elf Shot The Food

This is a great deal, since it has a handful of games I want but don't have.  

3. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 22:13 elefunk

This bundle in particular completely nailed it out of the park. Super Meat Boy is worth at least $15 on its own, but every single one of the other games is worthy on its own too.  

2. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 21:41 StingingVelvet

Been ignoring these bundles for a while as I have way too many indie games in the "never really gonna play" pile, but this one was too good to pass up. Some real winners in there.  

1. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 21:33 Kitkoan

Wow, with all the other bundles popping up, the Humble Indie group just seems to be cranking them out really fast.

Maybe its because the developers really are enjoying this and the help with its sales.

I know that the maker of The Oil Blue (sold in the Indie Royale bundle) has stated:

"15,000 sales of the Indie Royale bundle! That's x35 what I sold on my own with the Oil Blue in 1.5 years." Link

They might make less per sale, but make a ton more sales and get better known. And with the Humble Indie Bundle being the more well known, it might be worth it to offer your games there.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo