Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free

GOG.com announces the kick off of their big holiday sale. This includes one game with the ultimate discount, as they are offering Empire Earth: Gold Edition for free through Wednesday as part of the promotion. Here's word on the sale:

While you’re here, check out our incredible holiday sales; you can find some of the best classic games ever made on PC for under $5.00 from now until the 2nd of January, 2012. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or looking for a gift, the GOG.com holiday sales have something for everyone. Get a classic city building simulation like SimCity 2000 SE for your aunt who loves Farmville, or a transport simulation like Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion for that cousin of yours with a model train track that’s taken up his whole basement. A copy of an action game like Serious or Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 can give your younger siblings an appreciation for the twitch classics of yesteryear, and detailed sims like IL-2 Sturmovik appeal to gearheads and aviation buffs of all types.

Games from every genre are on sale on GOG.com right now, so take a look and see what suits you.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 14, 2011, 09:13 Acleacius

I'm afraid to look st the RPG section, would probably by 10 of them in an instant.

Damn I need to grab Duke 3d and Blood for the Coop good times. I kept hoping Steam would get them, but then again that would mean drm added back.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 22:50 theyarecomingforyou

sauron wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 12:47:
I grabbed it. You don't have to download it right now, you can just add it to your account. Very quick. Then can grab it later once the traffic subsides.
Yeah, I tend to do that as soon as I hear about it... I've got 9 games in my GOG collection now.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 19:53 Cutter

Hey they have Master of Magic! I loved that game. Now there's something I'd love to see updated. Actually, a lot of those games would do well to be updated. Don't fuck with them, just new graphics and better audio, that's all.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 18:29 StingingVelvet

I successfully bought Lands of Lore. Can't wait to mess around with it. I am a GOG addict, so almost anything else I would want I already bought.  

9. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 18:23 AndyMutz

can't buy anything right now, the checkout site just reloads everytime i try to pay.  

8. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 15:03 Mashiki Amiketo

The Pyro wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 11:55:
The sale must have been succesful... I can't buy anything off their site due to servers being too busy.
Heh. I've been waiting to get my hands on a new copy of SC2k, my old floppies are long since dead.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 13:12 Fibrocyte

LittleMe wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 11:57:
It's been Bluesnews'd!

Some websites (i.e. fark.com) have the ability to drum up so much attention to a specific website that it suffers, but I really doubt bluesnews has that ability.

6. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 12:47 sauron

I grabbed it. You don't have to download it right now, you can just add it to your account. Very quick. Then can grab it later once the traffic subsides.  

Kittens!

5. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 12:01 Tavil

Illumin wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 11:18:
This game use to be so awesome (Empire Earth), to bad the next 2 they made after it were crap.

Yea but the first one is still amazing. Really fun to play.

4. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 11:57 LittleMe

It's been Bluesnews'd!  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 11:55 The Pyro

The sale must have been succesful... I can't buy anything off their site due to servers being too busy.  

2. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 11:18 Illumin

This game use to be so awesome (Empire Earth), to bad the next 2 they made after it were crap.  

1. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 10:49 Angrius Maximis

so newsworthy its posted twice  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo