Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham World?

Edge Magazine notes that Rocksteady's acceptance video for its Spike VGA award for Best Character shows the Joker holding a "Batman: Arkham World Script." It's hard to say if this is a hint about the direction of their stealth/action series, or just some sort of gag. After all, would the Joker kid about something like that?

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Arkham World? Dec 12, 2011, 10:10 theyarecomingforyou

I just hope the inevitable sequel has nothing to do with Arkham, as the Batman universe has a lot of depth and it seems ridiculous to limit the scope. I understand why they do it, as they've built up a brand and don't simply want their next game to be Batman: [Whatever] but they need to break away. Perhaps do what Modern Warfare did, so call it Batman Universe: [Whatever].  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Arkham World? Dec 12, 2011, 07:24 Rhino

Strictly speaking, I would assume that this is a joke given that they even poked fun of the name Arkham City within the game. A return trip to the museum (I believe as Catwoman) saw some of the thugs were talking about it.

"Arkham Asylum, then Arkham City. What's next? Arkham county? Arkham State? Arkham freaking planet!?!"

Some of the script may be a little off, there, so consider that a paraphrase. The in-game quote is probably out there and I just didn't search thoroughly enough for it. The point is that it would be odd if they made fun of it on one hand, and then went ahead and did it.

However, I would also allow that the "Arkham" in this case could become symbolic and that somebody (I'll go with Scarecrow) in such a story could be readying some sort of virus similar to what was seen in 28 Days Later, effectively making the world seem like a mad house if it all erupted.

4. Re: Arkham World? Dec 11, 2011, 23:57 Lesaonar

Please don't let it be an MMO.  
[img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/8qzpu4-4.png[/img]

3. Re: Arkham World? Dec 11, 2011, 21:17 nin

I just assumed this was a joke from the ZP review.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Arkham World? Dec 11, 2011, 20:54 The Half Elf

If they could take 1 part Arkham City and 1 part GTA4, and have use of the Bat-Vehicles™ you'd have me sold.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Arkham World? Dec 11, 2011, 18:24 Cutter

Heavans above I hope not. Keep it tighter and more focused!  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo