Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Opening Cinematic

The Diablo III Website now offers the opening cinematic, from Diablo III, which debuted as promised at Spike's VGAs. Here's word on the opening for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel: "When Diablo III is released and you finally embark on your next great adventure, youíll be subjected to a cinematic experience thatíll set the stage for your impending journey through Sanctuary and your fight against the evils of the Burning Hells."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 14:21 Rossafur

(incoming inflammatory statement) Blizzard's cinematics department: fabulously setting up gamers for disappointment over actual in-game graphics for well over a decade!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 13:21 DG

FloorPie wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:56:
Is there a reason why you tube embeds don't work anymore at all with firefox and noscript? I can't get it to load at all, just a black screen with the play button showing in the middle.
Worked fine for me. Have you whitelisted ytimg?

20. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 11:14 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 10:06:
I've really enjoyed the DIII beta. As Paranoid Jack said, it's the first game to keep me from playing Skyrim - I played it through to completion and was getting really into it. I should point out that I have zero experience with the previous games, though that doesn't disqualify my opinion. For some reason I missed out on Diablo and Starcraft, which I can only assume was because the C&C series took my attention.

Blizzard games are pretty much the only games I'll buy that aren't on Steam, though it pisses me off that the Blizzard installer uses P2P by default and oversaturates my upload (over 60kb/s), killing my net connection. Thankfully I have Netlimiter to limit the upload, as when I disabled P2P it dropped by download speed to 4kb/s. To me it's pretty sleazy to use the bandwidth of users, as Steam doesn't pull shit like that.

Heh... my wife picks the absolute worst times to start uploading something to youtube...

No matter how bad ass your 'down stream' connection is, the crappy 'up stream' will kill it : )

I blame the Acks...

-Alamar

19. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 10:06 theyarecomingforyou

I've really enjoyed the DIII beta. As Paranoid Jack said, it's the first game to keep me from playing Skyrim - I played it through to completion and was getting really into it. I should point out that I have zero experience with the previous games, though that doesn't disqualify my opinion. For some reason I missed out on Diablo and Starcraft, which I can only assume was because the C&C series took my attention.

Blizzard games are pretty much the only games I'll buy that aren't on Steam, though it pisses me off that the Blizzard installer uses P2P by default and oversaturates my upload (over 60kb/s), killing my net connection. Thankfully I have Netlimiter to limit the upload, as when I disabled P2P it dropped by download speed to 4kb/s. To me it's pretty sleazy to use the bandwidth of users, as Steam doesn't pull shit like that.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 00:29 AnointedSword

To be honest with you guys, I thought it was lacking compared to past cinematic that Blizzard has done.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

17. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 12, 2011, 00:14 Dades

eRe4s3r wrote:
The Quality is insane though... but the direction is a bit meh.. not even close to the D2 intro

The story in Diablo III takes a bit more building than D2. The cinematic dovetails into the beginning of the game nicely, you'll see.

16. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 23:11 Paranoid Jack

I haven't been salivating over the pending release for years... so when I got my invite I was happy and have been delighted so far. Can't wait for the release. This beta is the first thing to take my mind off Skyrim since it's release. Well... this beta, my daughter's graduation from the RN program, and my Mom coming to visit.  

15. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 23:04 eRe4s3r

Because when companies own and control (via DRM) every part of the entertainment you paid for you literally paid money for nothing.

I still have my D1 and D2 chars - on one of my backup drives. These games i bought happily. I will not buy D3 - and yeah, its an empty threat with the clout Blizzard has but at least its a personal consequence I can draw and Blizzard will definitely feel it (and already did with SC2) ;p

14. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 23:01 eRe4s3r

Because making it required likely a whole cg studio working with like 100 people over 6 months then rendering it on a server-farm the size of the google HQ for 3 weeks and then doing post and sound editing for another 3 weeks.

For not even 3 minutes of CGI

Actually, this CG sequence likely cost more than a pixar movie. Which is why Pixar makes Pixar movies and Blizzard doesn't make Blizzard movies ;p

Quality is insane though... but the direction is a bit meh.. not even close to the D2 intro

13. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 22:19 Fletch

Loved Diablos 1 and 2. Not interested in this one at all. Always on, AH, dumbing down of interface and gameplay, etc... ruined what could have been an awesome single player PC game, imho.  

12. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 22:03 nin

My biggest issue is that even weapon strikes are related to ping, which can ruin the gameplay if you're on a server that's having issues.

With issues like that, and the WOW 5.0 skill trees looking straight out of D3 (not to mention the D3 auction house), it's almost like Blizzard is going out of its way to homogenize the two games into one, with minimal differences between the two.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 21:48 Bucky

MrBone wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 21:04:
The beta is sobering. Reminded me never to get my hopes up too much. Disappointing.

Having gotten into the Beta with the last wave of invites, my biggest problem with D3 is just how much of the gameplay is tied into the servers. The servers have been having issues over the last few days thanks to the new wave of invites (hey, that's the point of the beta) and it's exposed a few flaws. My biggest issue is that even weapon strikes are related to ping, which can ruin the gameplay if you're on a server that's having issues. Not fun to play a monk, see a blow thrown, and then throw a second blow when the first one would have normally felled the enemy--which it does, once it finally registers.

Oh, Torchlight 2, get here soon.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2011, 21:16 slaka

With the always online single player, RMAH gamble, further delays and a increasingly 'dumbing down' trend - could this be Blizzards first flop?  

9. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 21:04 MrBone

The beta is sobering. Reminded me never to get my hopes up too much. Disappointing.  

8. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 20:46 Wallshadows

Ehh... it feels pretty good if you've played the beta.

I have not played the beta yet. Why must you mock me?!

Crying Crying Crying

7. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 19:24 Tony!!!

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 18:22:
Why can't they make this game without DRM?
Why does it Reeeeealy matter?

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

6. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 18:40 Fibrocyte

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 17:21:
The first half was pretty god damn awesome but then the second half was a little underwhelming...

Ehh... it feels pretty good if you've played the beta. Of course, people usually don't watch the cinematic after playing the game.

5. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 18:22 Cutter

Why can't they make this game without DRM?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 18:12 Techie714 ©

These guys make the BEST QUALITY cinematics in the industry we already know that. Why cant Pixar make movies of this QUALITY?  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 18:08 xXBatmanXx

Ineresting.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo