Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer

The Flatout 3: Chaos & Destruction Steam Page offers a 10% discount on the upcoming racing simulation, as well as PC specifications for the game (thanks joao). There's also a new gameplay trailer showing off Flatout 3, which DSOGaming notes is not using the recommended specs, which actually call for a top-of-the-line GeForce GTX 590 or Radeon HD 6970 accelerators. Here are the specs:

Operating system:Windows® XP
Processor: Intel® 2 GHz dual core CPU
Memory: 2 GB
Video: Nvidia GeForce 8600+ / AMD Radeon HD X2600+
Internet: Broadband Internet Connection
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard disk space: 16 GB
Sound: DirectX® compatible Onboard Soundcard
Supported Input Devices: Keyboard, Joystick, XBox Controller, Gamepad, Microsoft Controller for Windows
Additional Notes: Also supports Razer Hydra.

Operating system:Windows® 7
Processor: Intel® Quadcore
Memory: 4 GB
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 / AMD Radeon HD 6970
Internet: Broadband Internet Connection
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard disk space: 20 GB
Sound: DirectX® compatible Soundcard
Supported Input Devices: Keyboard, Joystick, XBox Controller, Gamepad, Microsoft Controller for Windows
Additional Notes: Also supports Razer Hydra.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 12, 2011, 00:00 Elf Shot The Food

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 13:51:
made for consoles, optimized for consoles, demoed on consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles .........

as long as consolitis is allowed to spread this won't stop. The maximum price I'll ever pay for a game that has "XBox Controllers" and other related crap in its supported input devices (apparently this game doesn't even support a mouse) will be $5.

This is a PC exclusive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 11, 2011, 14:37 killer_roach

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 13:51:
made for consoles, optimized for consoles, demoed on consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles, .... consoles .........

as long as consolitis is allowed to spread this won't stop. The maximum price I'll ever pay for a game that has "XBox Controllers" and other related crap in its supported input devices (apparently this game doesn't even support a mouse) will be $5.

I don't think consoles are even a part of this equation. Strategy First is a publisher that is more or less alien to consoles. You support Xbox controllers because, if you seek Microsoft certification as a Windows game, they are required to support Xbox controllers.

The game looks the way it does not because it's a console-optimized game, but because it's being developed quickly and cheaply. Full stop.

10. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 11, 2011, 13:51 Lord Tea

UPSA = United Police States of America

9. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 11, 2011, 11:37 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 21:53:
And with that trailer they have to compare against Burnout Paradise City .. which had really awesome looking deformable vehicle destruction (i mean, some of those slow motion crashes looked pretty damn awesome..)

And for these requirements I expect better than Dirt 2 graphics, and that isn't even 1% true. I know games from 2004 that look better and require less hardware...

I notice it needs 16GB hard drive space, that's not something 2004 games needed. I wonder why it needs that much, loads of content? Ultra high resolution textures?

- Quboid

8. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 21:53 eRe4s3r

And with that trailer they have to compare against Burnout Paradise City .. which had really awesome looking deformable vehicle destruction (i mean, some of those slow motion crashes looked pretty damn awesome..)

And for these requirements I expect better than Dirt 2 graphics, and that isn't even 1% true. I know games from 2004 that look better and require less hardware...

7. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 19:59 GinRummy

Whenever I see the name of this game on news sites my brain always reads it as "Fallout 3" instead. I get a bit disappointed when I look closer and it's the wrong game. I love that game.  

6. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 19:21 killer_roach

Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 19:01:
How dated do those trailers look?

They'd look pretty good for 2007-2008, but the animations leave a lot to be desired. They're really not that dated-looking, but they definitely look like they were done in a hurry and on a budget.

5. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 19:01 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 17:52:
They probably didn't put any effort into gauging what the game needs to run well at full settings... Instead they just put down the best video cards they could think of.

This.

Technically they're right. I'd recommend a GTX 590 or HD 6970 for pretty much any game.

How dated do those trailers look?

- Quboid

4. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 17:52 jacobvandy

They probably didn't put any effort into gauging what the game needs to run well at full settings... Instead they just put down the best video cards they could think of.  

3. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 17:16 killer_roach

ASeven wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 16:07:
A GTX590? Either this game has the best graphics ever or is a very unoptimized POS.

Look at the trailer - it's pretty clear which one it is.

2. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 16:07 ASeven

A GTX590? Either this game has the best graphics ever or is a very unoptimized POS.  

1. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 14:33 DangerDog

Someone said Flatout and they thought they said Burnout and was like "okay, we can make a clone of that game".

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo