Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Unrated Postal III by Christmas

The Running With Scissors Website has word that Postal III will be released before Christmas, offering the latest installment in their outrageous shooter series. Their release plans apparently include an unrated version, as word is: "The RWS unrated edition of POSTAL III with masterpiece box artwork is now available for pre-order at www.postalgames.com. This is the ONLY place you can get the boxed hardcopy edition." Here's word, including some of RWS' signature humor:

Not even an Al Gore weather forecast could have predicted the difficulties in seeing this project through. When we started development, Cheney was President, Bin Laden was rubbing his magic lamp to bad Pakistani pr0n and Obamacare wasn’t but a dream of an inexperienced community organizer. “Oh how the world has changed” Desi continued; “Peace, Joy and POSTAL III to everyone around the world”.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Unrated PoRtal III by Christmas Dec 10, 2011, 13:51 Ant

Ugh, I thought that said Portal 3. I was wondering if GLaDOS would be cussing, showing nudity and violence, etc. I need more sleep.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 10, 2011, 12:48 Tanto Edge

@Parallax Abstraction:
What is a good game?
A game I can enjoy because it's fun?
Or a game that someone else tells me is great with their million dollar marketing?

What is a different game? A game that promises new gameplay, with hard rocking visuals, incredible sound and fantastic characters?
Or just a game where my only objective is to 'Get Milk'.

Along the way I can fuck around however I choose and nobody will ever, ever care. By which I mean at no point will a cutscene play explaining why I cannot do something. Never will the game say, "You're not supposed to be here, you're ruining my performance."

Postal 2 is still the only game where you start in a trailer park and the immediate choices include collecting the nearby 'health' pipe, grabbing the shovel leaning against a wall, entering someone's home, and when they yell "Get out of my house" you proceed to smash them in the face with said shovel.
After they fall to the ground in a fetal position (and possibly start crying or pissing themselves), you can kick them, piss on them, pour gasoline on them, and then light'em up as you head off for your next victim.. err 'story' objective.

It may be a shooter (a 'bad' one) but I don't think there are any other games like that ... call me crazy.
Insofar as quality entertainment goes, I'd say that rates pretty high.
Beats the shit out of Twilight.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2011, 13:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

18. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 20:21 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:29:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:24:
Can't believe they're not using Steam.

They're on steam. Or do you mean steamworks with achievements and the like?
Nope, my bad. It looked like from the article they were only selling from their website.

Thanks.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 19:44 Killer Kane

Yes, Postal II was a shitty game...the mechanics, the textures, the load times, the mission layouts, the maps.

But I laughed my ass off playing it, and actually finished it. It really had something that could be summed up in two words:

Gary Coleman

16. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 19:26 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 14:30:
I don't think Steam sells games (in the US) without an ESRB rating.

I see all kinds of indie games on steam w/o a rating.

Doh. Good point.

15. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 15:04 Halo

Also the fact that it states clearly in the article that their website is the only place to get a boxed hardcopy of the unrated game. Makes me wonder if that copy needs steam to run...  

14. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 14:39 deadearth

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 14:30:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10220/

Its been up on the coming soon section for a while now.

13. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 14:30 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 14:08 ViRGE

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 13:08:
I kind of enjoyed Postal 2. It wasn't good, but at the same time I couldn't stop playing it; there was something strangely compelling about it.
Agreed. There's just something about using a cat as a silencer or running through town with a biological WMD gun that tickles my funny bone.

At this point I wouldn't be so sure it's on Steam. I don't think Steam sells games (in the US) without an ESRB rating. Now whether that means there will be 2 versions of Postal (rated and unrated) remains to be seen, but right now the only place you can actually get Postal is through RWS since the Steam entry is still a stub.

11. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 13:54 Parallax Abstraction

You're kidding right? Postal 2 wasn't different, it was a horrible shooter layered on top of worse humour. It was Bulletstorm, only even more low brow and with worse mechanics. There's nothing different about this. I'm all for them making the games they want to make, that doesn't make them good games.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

10. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 13:33 Tanto Edge

I can hardly wait.
Desi I know you won't fail to disappoint.
I can only hope it is to Postal 2, what Postal 2 was to Postal 1.
*rubs hands with glee*

Why do people harp about a developer who focuses on making games they like to make...

You get assfucks like Epic cranking out Bulletstorm which is more concerned with bad dialogue and a fucking stupid story than it is fun gameplay (as opposed to letting the actual developers of that game have their way and maybe, just maybe produce something truly different, fun and not grating on the ears).

These guys put out something truly different and fun and people are all like, "blah blah blah no talent no skill blah blah".
I'm surprised people don't complain about People Can Fly, or CroTeam.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2011, 13:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

9. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 13:31 Ludomancer

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:03:
Have no idea how these guys stay in business...

I have *heard* that they actually fund their company through drugs. Seriously. Really no idea if it's true, but the only reason I don't disregard it completely is because I've known more than one game studio to do that in the past.

8. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 13:08 Elf Shot The Food

I kind of enjoyed Postal 2. It wasn't good, but at the same time I couldn't stop playing it; there was something strangely compelling about it.  

7. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 12:13 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:03:

I swear they must have some kind of Breaking Bad situation going. They've released 2 games in like 15 years, both of which were critical and sales bombs, yet they've continued to stay in business. If they weather the almost guaranteed bomb that Postal III is, I will be amazed.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

6. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:35 Halo

edit:
Just a bunch of guys making games. No stock holders, no quotas, no corporate

Don't forget "no talent"!

Compared to some of the games today that are FILLED with high quality talent that are still awful.

5. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:29 nin

edit:
Just a bunch of guys making games. No stock holders, no quotas, no corporate

Don't forget "no talent"!

4. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:25 Rattlehead

They got a pretty big chunk of money from that Uwe Bull guy.

People should protest Postal not because of it's shock value, but because the games themselves are shit.

3. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:25 Halo

Just a bunch of guys making games. No stock holders, no quotas, no corporate BS; good for them. They probably made a good amount of money off licensed kids games back in the day and knew how to manage money. I would think the first postal might have done well too due to it's shock value at the time.  

2. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:24 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 11:03 nin

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo