Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2011, 04:33 Crustacean Soup

Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 14:07:
The ads make noise? I hate that they're there, but have yet to hear noise.
The ads on the last dashboard did too. I'm guessing you still have to hover over them to trigger it.

The main difference in ads between this and the last seems to be that they were restricted in the last one to certain sections. The "spotlight", "community", and "marketplace" sections (IIRC); if you just wanted to access you media, that section was totally ad-free, likewise with My Xbox and Friends. Now they've got "hubs" and the hubs intersperse your useful things, the new smartphone-style "apps", and ads, so you can't avoid seeing them.
Razumen wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 21:00:
The dash isn't there to go 'ooh' and 'awe' over, it's to get you from game to demo to music to etc.
Not on the 360, which is also part of why people don't like it when it changes. Whereas the PS3 tends to partition things into potentially wholly separate applications (like the Store), all of it fits together into one unified interface on the 360.

The last major dash update (there've only been 2, you make it sound like it's been a dozen) also revamped the in-game menu, which again, has more included functionality than the PS3's menu (music playback, voice channels, profile editing, etc.)
PropheT wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 13:44:
They managed to hide useful information like how many points you have left
Was this even on the last dashboard? I remember it annoying the hell out of me that I could only check my balance by trying to buy something.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 9, 11:07 Re: Morning Consolidation Verno
  2. Dec 9, 11:23  Re: Morning Consolidation SpectralMeat
  3. Dec 9, 11:33   Re: Morning Consolidation Halo
  6. Dec 9, 13:44   Re: Morning Consolidation PropheT
  7. Dec 9, 14:07    Re: Morning Consolidation Beamer
  8. Dec 9, 14:27     Re: Morning Consolidation avianflu
  9. Dec 9, 14:48      Re: Morning Consolidation Beamer
  13. Dec 9, 21:00     Re: Morning Consolidation Razumen
  14. Dec 10, 07:59      Re: Morning Consolidation DG
>> 15. Dec 11, 04:33    Re: Morning Consolidation Crustacean Soup