Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New World of Tanks Record

Wargaming.net announces another concurrent player milestone for World of Tanks, their MMO shooter:

The MMO action game dedicated to armored warfare has demolished its own Guinness World Record for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server, when the number of concurrent accounts logged on to the game's Russian server totalled an impressive figure of 250,000 players this November.

Wargaming.net team is about to introduce the Update 7.0 and multicluster technology. The latter will significantly increase the overall possible number of active server players by allowing gamers to choose the game cluster with optimal in-game comfort and providing them with a better connection and performance.

"We are more than happy to watch our World of Tanks win over hearts and minds of gamers all around the world," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. "The multicluster technology will enable us to move steadily towards new milestones and records."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 9, 2011, 21:21 Ant

I still haven't tried this game.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 9, 2011, 05:34 Nighthawk

Agreed, whats interesting in WoT is the level of detail put into the game.
Penetration and armour values, angle of impact, equipment behind the armour.
I've been on both ends of the lucky shot that explodes the ammo rack on the first hit, it sucks.

13. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 9, 2011, 03:59 KilrathiAce

Nighthawk wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 15:47:
I think people are looking for something that's not there.
It's a simple, arcade style, blow 'em up game.
Get a tank, shoot another tank, get a bigger tank, shoot more tanks...
lather, rinse, repeat.
If you want Skyrim, go play it...if you want to blow up tanks, get this instead.

/I've got tanks to shoot

Problem is there is no proper ww2 tank online game with a higher level of simulation out there, cloest there is is darkest hour mod for red orchestra 1 and also some outdated mmo like world war 2 online etc... but nothing really outstanding.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

12. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 21:36 Turglar

There's nothing massive about the multiplayer in this game. The fact that they keep toting it as a MMO and posting these "records" just makes them look like assholes.

I wonder how they convinced Guinness that 250k russians connecting to a chat lobby for a 15v15 game counts as "One MMO Server".

And I don't want to hear their bullshit about persistent character advancement making it a MMO. By that logic BF3 and the Modern Warfare series are MMOs (and more massive) as well since you can gain ranks on your character.

11. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 19:27 Nighthawk

Not at all, the non-premium tanks range from good to ok (from another user), and I've had no problems taking down premium tanks with mine.
It's about tactics, you don't shoot a premium heavy front on, with a standard light, you try to get behind, or let my artillery do the job.

10. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 19:03 Ozmodan

This game is PAY-TO-WIN hence a piece of crap!  

9. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 16:23 Cutter

Hey you damn tanks get off my lawn!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 16:15 bhcompy

Love WoT. Good time passer and doesn't use many resources, so I usually play in downtime between fleet activity in EVE  

7. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 15:47 Nighthawk

I think people are looking for something that's not there.
It's a simple, arcade style, blow 'em up game.
Get a tank, shoot another tank, get a bigger tank, shoot more tanks...
lather, rinse, repeat.
If you want Skyrim, go play it...if you want to blow up tanks, get this instead.

/I've got tanks to shoot

6. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 14:58 Moog

I do enjoy WoT but it's no MMO.
At least Guild Wars has communal zones.
WoT is just a team based game with persistent characters - pretty much TF2 with automated matchmaking.

5. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 14:31 Creston

That's... a lot of tanks

Creston

4. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 13:12 KilrathiAce

Now if they could actually make any strides in their gameplay, that would be a milestone.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 12:42 JohnBirshire

There's a tank, hiding in the bushes!

I played this game for 5 minutes.

2. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 12:40 Dirwulf

Saw a commercial for them on Olbermann the other night.

I had a lot of fun when I was playing it. I loved playing Arty, hiding in bushes, and taking out tanks from very far. Good times.

1. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 12:26 Donkey_Punch

Not sure who actually plays this "game". Gave it a try and I just don't get it. As much fun as doing my taxes.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo