Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

I've gotten a couple of reports of an ad serving up some sort of malware here. I haven't encountered this myself, so it may be local to some areas. Apologies for this, and please be on the lookout. If I receive further reports of anyone encountering this, I will remove the ad code until it is straightened out.

R.I.P.: Harry Morgan, ‘M-A-S-H’ and ‘Dragnet’ Actor, Dies at 96. Thanks Neutronbeam.

View
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 23:24 Paranoid Jack

If you got the Pop Up telling your system was infected but no warning from your antivirus you are probably infected now. It's a tool installed then the Trojan. You can download MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and it should take care of it. That is if your on a Windows based PC.

VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\IL013H7O\index[1].htmFC120B10->(SCRIPT0000)

Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Active\{ED50F7CF-214C-11E1-AA02-6C626D3EDB42}.dat->(Ole Stream 0)

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 7, 20:39 Re: Into the Black Cram
  2. Dec 7, 21:47  Re: Into the Black Rattlehead
  5. Dec 7, 23:28  Re: Into the Black Leper
  3. Dec 7, 22:42 Re: Into the Black Jim Ryans
>> 4. Dec 7, 23:24  Re: Into the Black Paranoid Jack
  6. Dec 8, 02:15 Re: Into the Black Hoop
  7. Dec 8, 04:56 Re: Into the Black Cutter
  8. Dec 8, 09:01 Re: Into the Black zincthallinide
  9. Dec 8, 09:45 Re: Into the Black zirik

footer