Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

I've gotten a couple of reports of an ad serving up some sort of malware here. I haven't encountered this myself, so it may be local to some areas. Apologies for this, and please be on the lookout. If I receive further reports of anyone encountering this, I will remove the ad code until it is straightened out.

R.I.P.: Harry Morgan, ‘M-A-S-H’ and ‘Dragnet’ Actor, Dies at 96. Thanks Neutronbeam.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2011, 09:45 zirik

just want to add that i too got a warning from avast antivirus when i opened up bluesnews this morning. there is an ad serving up a trojan virus. im on the midatlantic area.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2011, 09:01 zincthallinide

Balderdash.

How you gonna do it? (How?) You're gonna PS/2 it! With the IBM PS/2 (with the IBM PS/2)

7. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2011, 04:56 Cutter

96 was a good run. Very likeable man he was. RIP.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2011, 02:15 Hoop

No problems from here.  

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 23:28 Leper

Microsoft Security Essentials catches a "Trojan:KS/Redirector.HQ" maybe once or twice a week here. It took me a while to figure out that it was this site.

Looking at the program history, the first time it happened was 11/11/11 and this morning was the latest.

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 23:24 Paranoid Jack

If you got the Pop Up telling your system was infected but no warning from your antivirus you are probably infected now. It's a tool installed then the Trojan. You can download MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and it should take care of it. That is if your on a Windows based PC.

VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\IL013H7O\index[1].htmFC120B10->(SCRIPT0000)

Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Active\{ED50F7CF-214C-11E1-AA02-6C626D3EDB42}.dat->(Ole Stream 0)

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 22:42 Jim Ryans

I got a fake antivirus-type attack from your site Monday night,
but not Tuesday or today... cleaned it up ok... thanks for watching out for us,
Jim...

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 21:47 Rattlehead

RIP Colonel Potter.  

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 20:39 Cram

R.I.P Mr. Morgan.