Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Coupon Support

This Steam Support article has word that Steam now supports coupon codes, offering details on how coupons work on Valve's online service. Thanks Stephen, who notes the coupons can also be traded through Steam, though the FAQ does not mention this.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 9, 2011, 09:46 Ant

What about gift cards?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 8, 2011, 10:08 Verno

Though we rarely talk on Steam, Prez gives me lots of ideas for new things to play whenever I see him pop up on the overlay. Likewise I don't think I've ever seen him play the same thing twice. Wait Orcs Must Die maybe but that's about it.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

36. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 8, 2011, 08:25 El Pit

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:37:
Prez must have at least $40000 worth. I've yet to see him play the same game twice.
creston

Yes, his steam list is impressive! And every sale I get bombed by messages telling me "Prez now owns...". And this actually makes me buy more games than any ad by Steam!

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2011, 13:49.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

35. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 19:51 Sepharo

I'm lookin at: "Found 134 Games with a value of $1873.67 USD"

But my Steam profile says I have 189 games...

And according to Mint from Jan 2010: $1008.91

34. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 18:39 Cutter

kewpons.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

33. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 17:47 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 15:15:
Ah, I see where the value discrepancy comes from. The calculator just counts current price, whereas I'm thinking of money I've spent in total. I've got quite a few games that I bought for 50 bucks on there which now cost 10 bucks. That's quite a loss of value.

Shit, games devaluate quicker than Bentleys!

Creston

There are also quite a few pricing errors on there, like counting each episode of Sam & Max as costing $30, when that is the price of a whole season (though I paid only like $10 or 15 for all of it). That right there inflates the value by nearly $500.

32. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 16:51 Ventura

Reading this makes me feel so inadequate as a PC gamer. I have to start spending some more cash!

You and me both: Found 37 Games with a value of $507.64 USD.

31. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 16:40 Beelzebud

So how do you get coupons to use on Steam? I haven't seen that mentioned once on their site.  

30. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 15:48 siapnar

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 15:13:
What does having time to play have to do with owning a ton of games???

Creston

Apparently nothing, because I have about 20 unplayed games sitting in my Steam library

I have projectile dysfunction.

29. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 15:15 Creston

Ah, I see where the value discrepancy comes from. The calculator just counts current price, whereas I'm thinking of money I've spent in total. I've got quite a few games that I bought for 50 bucks on there which now cost 10 bucks. That's quite a loss of value.

Shit, games devaluate quicker than Bentleys!

Creston

28. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 15:13 Creston

LgFriess wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:49:
Oh if only I had the time to actually play more.

What does having time to play have to do with owning a ton of games???

Creston

27. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:41:
Cool. Had to create a custom URL, but I have 151 games with a total value of $2403,50.

Which is actually pretty low. I had figured it was at least double that. It also seems to be missing 11 games from my library.

Yeah, it's a little off. I think in the steam client, it says I have like 270 games, yet on the calc, it only lists 150.

Well, couple things to consider:
1. Some of the games you buy full price, currently they are not.
2. Some games you get on sale, currently they are not
3. It is a snapshot in time
4. A lot of games we buy in bundles

This also does not count DLC that I can tell, and your list in Steam does (if I recall correctly).

I have every transaction in PayPal in a special e-mail address since I started Steam. If I get bored, i will go through it and jot it down. Also, you can go into your Steam Account via the client and look at every transaction, cut and paste into excel and add it up.

This is just a fun little tool to give you an idea.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:49 LgFriess

Reading this makes me feel so inadequate as a PC gamer. I have to start spending some more cash!

Oh if only I had the time to actually play more.

25. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:43 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:36:
Which is actually pretty low. I had figured it was at least double that. It also seems to be missing 11 games from my library.
How did you work out the number of missing games - looking through the list or comparing it to the Steam Community figure? Because Steam Community lists my number of games as 450, yet the number is 298 according to SteamCalculator. The Steam Community counts DLC, free games, some games are counted multiple times, etc - it's an inflated number but still interesting for comparison.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

24. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:41 nin

Cool. Had to create a custom URL, but I have 151 games with a total value of $2403,50.

Yeah, it's a little off. I think in the steam client, it says I have like 270 games, yet on the calc, it only lists 150.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:37 Creston

El Pit wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 12:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 11:58:
Yea, it works for Prez....so......

It cannot work for Prez. Or does it allow more than 9 digit numbers?

Prez must have at least $40000 worth. I've yet to see him play the same game twice.

creston

22. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:36 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:28:
nin wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:23:

I'll be curious to see what they do with this. Maybe deals like what GMG does? I'm still surprised steam hasn't tried to put a stop to that yet. Getting DX:HR for $29 and SR3 for $34 (pre-launch) were amazing deals.

Yea no kidding. Well, they have the wallet, they have the sales (weekly, multiple holiday, monthly, random), gifting, pre purchase discounts, and now coupons!

They lead the way, that is for sure. Which is probably why I have so many damn games with them.

http://www.steamcalculator.com/index.php

Current library shows: (give or take 20%) $2663
Average account is $840!!!!

That is pretty amazing.

Still fun though.

Creston

21. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:27 killer_roach

Deathhead wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 12:28:
Using my 17 digit id number didn't work for me, once I went and made a custom url, that worked fine.

Found 113 Games with a value of
$1655.87 USD

Its amazing how that adds up on you!

Tell me about it...

Found 504 Games with a value of
$6991.43 USD

Granted, I snagged the overwhelming majority of these on good sales, but still...

20. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 13:10 DG

Worked for me, noted it does not know about DLC unless listed separately, though it appears to ignore some of those that are e.g. DXHR Missing Link. Possible it includes the latter in totals, I can't check as my prices aren't $USD.

Actually I see it's picked up Civ IV: Warlords, Civ IV: BtS but not Civ IV, nor Civ V.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2011, 13:17.

19. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 12:57 El Pit

Doesn't work for me. And yes, I'm using my correct Steam ID. I can click on it, and my steam page comes up. Strange.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo