Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham City Patched

Steam News announces a new patch is now automatically available for Batman: Arkham City that's now live in Rocksteady's superhero sequel. This includes some DirectX 11 fixes, but also warns that until further notice users should not run the game in DirectX 11 mode under either Windows Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 32 bit. Here is the list of major changes:

• Performance / hitching issues have been greatly improved for running in DX 11.
  • An issue with players running out of Video Memory or encountering a Rendering Thread Exceptions has been address. This was primarily affecting 32-bit Operating Systems.
  • A progression block after defeating Ra’s Al Ghul has been fixed. This was issue occurred primarily on lower end computer setups and described as Batman not readying his Reverse Batarang.
  • A crash that occurred when scrolling between the Character Bios and Arkham City Stories has been fixed.
  • A crash that occurred when selecting “Press Start” immediately when available at the Title Screen has been fixed. The issue was described as crashing/hard locking around the DLC (Downloadable Content) check.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 8, 2011, 14:40 descender

How do you feel having already agreed to 30-something "contracts" yourself? Seriously, who cares?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 8, 2011, 01:20 Eldaron Imotholin

Game plays horrible and I'd almost think even worse than before, in DX11 mode. Forgot to turn VSync off though but I guess that won't improve it enough.

I should continue with Skyrim instead until there's a proper patch but that game already entered the I-feel-lonely-and-it-doesn't-matter-what-I'm-doing-anyway fase. So I don't really have the urge to touch that game again, like every other TES.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

22. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 8, 2011, 00:00 saluk

Patch fixed nothing for me Played a bit more in dx9 mode, and it's not terrible, just really annoying to miss out on good visuals. The game really feels like a pale imitation of the first game, but I don't have much else I feel like playing so I guess I'll keep at it.  

21. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 20:11 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 16:57:
I must have the only working copy of GFWL on the internets.

And someday you won't. How did you like today agreeing to the TOS that no matter what they do, you as a citizen have no right to question them in the court of law if you felt the need to do so?

20. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 18:05 Eldaron Imotholin

After not touching it for a few hours, the update all of a sudden just worked. I guess it was some fuck up with the GFWL server or whatever.

I should have fucking known.

19. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 16:57 descender

I must have the only working copy of GFWL on the internets.  

18. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 15:51 killer_roach

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 15:38:
It doesn't take having a bad day to have the craptacular GFWL piss you the f*** off. It just takes about 10 minutes of experience with it.

You misspelled "seconds", but other than that, I agree.

17. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 15:38 Prez

It doesn't take having a bad day to have the craptacular GFWL piss you the f*** off. It just takes about 10 minutes of experience with it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 15:13 Eldaron Imotholin

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:27:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:12:
Ok! Not sure if you read my edit? I got a step further. Nice! Sadly, "setup" doesn't seem to be a valid command. Did you make a typo in your explanation or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

type the following command in at the prompt
dir

You should see 3 files listed, one should be named setup.exe, if you see it then type:
.\setup.exe -f {install directory}

where the install directory is where batman AC is installed with quotes if there are spaces or special characters in the path. So if your game is in c:\program files\batman arkham city pc you need to type in "c:\program files\batman arkham city pc" with the quotes.

If you don't see a file listed called setup.exe then something else is wrong, run the game again, it should prompt you about a patch, press update and try to download it again.

I presumed this would be the problem. There's not 3 files but only one unpacked .cab that I can't unpack.

15. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 14:05 Linksil

I'm still waiting a bit before getting this. Too many other games taking up too much time, plus better to wait for the whole dx11 to get sorted out.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

14. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 13:32 Fion

Glad to see this patch. Game was playing like shit for me. Even patched I don't think I'll like it. The controls are very convoluted, the movements are slippery, the camera ends up at wild angles. Lets just say I'm glad I got the game for $30. If I'd paid $60 I'd be really pissed.  

13. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 13:28 nin

HOLY DOS WINDOWS, BATMAN!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 13:27 LurkerLito

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:12:
Ok! Not sure if you read my edit? I got a step further. Nice! Sadly, "setup" doesn't seem to be a valid command. Did you make a typo in your explanation or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

type the following command in at the prompt
dir

You should see 3 files listed, one should be named setup.exe, if you see it then type:
.\setup.exe -f {install directory}

where the install directory is where batman AC is installed with quotes if there are spaces or special characters in the path. So if your game is in c:\program files\batman arkham city pc you need to type in "c:\program files\batman arkham city pc" with the quotes.

If you don't see a file listed called setup.exe then something else is wrong, run the game again, it should prompt you about a patch, press update and try to download it again.

11. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 13:12 Eldaron Imotholin

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 13:06:
Hmmm I just ran the game and it prompted me to download the patch. I pressed update, then quit out of the game, and the setup program launched but failed to do anything, so I did the steps I mentioned and it installed fine. It didn't delete the patch from that directory for me till the update actually finished without error.

Not sure if it matters, but I had an issue logging in to my Live account earlier. I had to log in via a website to agree (even though I didn't) to the new EULA that forbids me to sue them. Just to note: They forced me to agree to the new terms or no patch so that I agree can't be legal can it? But I digress :).

10. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 13:06 LurkerLito

Hmmm I just ran the game and it prompted me to download the patch. I pressed update, then quit out of the game, and the setup program launched but failed to do anything, so I did the steps I mentioned and it installed fine. It didn't delete the patch from that directory for me till the update actually finished without error.

Not sure if it matters, but I had an issue logging in to my Live account earlier. I had to log in via a website to agree (even though I didn't) to the new EULA that forbids me to sue them. Just to note: They forced me to agree to the new terms or no patch so that I agree can't be legal can it? But I digress :).

9. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 12:56 Eldaron Imotholin

Shit, tried it but it seems I haven't downloaded the patch yet nor can I do that manually anywhere. Only the ingame GFWL pops up the option to apply/download the patch. So I'm stuck at the second line of the command prompt. Argh!

Edit: Ok ok, got a step further. Nice! Sadly, "setup" doesn't seem to be a valid command.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2011, 13:10.

8. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 12:43 Eldaron Imotholin

A command prompt? Is that... like, a notepad file you manipulate or something? I can manually fix issues by tinkering around with some windows settings properly, but I'm a noob when it comes to the true IT language. Can you be just a tad more specific? I understood everything except how to make a command prompt.

Thanks in advance, mate!

Edit: Ah wait, translating that to Dutch made perfect sense. Working on it now! Hope I can figure out how to do this...

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2011, 12:51.

7. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 12:27 LurkerLito

If you bought it from a place like Green Man Gaming, the setup program is having a problem finding where the game is installed you need to tell it where the game is installed or the patch fails. If you downloaded the patch already from GFWL then do the following.

Open a command prompt type the following:
cd %APPDATA%
cd ..\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\57520fa0

Now find out where your game is installed then in the command prompt type:

setup /f {install directory path}

And change {install directory path} to where your game is located. Mine was located in "games\capsulegames\batman arkham city PC\batman arkham city PC"

6. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 11:49 nin

GFWL... I can't believe the major fuck up that crap is.

Really? It's not like we haven't covered that a few thousand times here.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 11:45 Eldaron Imotholin

GFWL... I can't believe the major fuck up that crap is.

I play on an online account but I can't seem to install it. After downloading -- or whatever else that filling bar stands for -- is complete, I'm just getting a red cross mocking me.. saying the patch can't be applied due to NO FUCKING REASON MENTIONED and I have to go to a support site that is offline!

Had a bad day at work as well so I'm so fucking pissed I shouldn't be posting atm...

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo