Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Via Digital Distribution

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 7, 2011, 17:40 |oR|jonvall

Ant wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 16:42:
|oR|jonvall wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 22:24:
I bought the game when RTW was in charge...but 2 weeks later it shut down.

Then I got into the closed beta and have been playing it ever since. They've made some really good improvements to the game....Tons of people play it now and no...they don't nickle and dime you at all...You lease guns with in game money...you can buy permanant cars with in game money too.....or lease them for 30 days...whatever. BUT you can buy guns, cars, clothing ect. with real money if you'd like too...you don't have to but plenty of people do.

I pay for a premium membership, $10/month, and just get the guns with in game money...

The game really kicks ass! There's a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of driving and shooting it's awesome....reminds me of Counter Strike in some ways but with a huge city and cars to drive around in!

I would suggest downloading it and trying it out. Give it a week or so though before you decide to quit because like I said....takes a little time to "get it".
Is it like GTA games?

I've never played any of the GTA series....but I've been told it's similar.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 7, 2011, 16:42 Ant

|oR|jonvall wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 22:24:

Then I got into the closed beta and have been playing it ever since. They've made some really good improvements to the game....Tons of people play it now and no...they don't nickle and dime you at all...You lease guns with in game money...you can buy permanant cars with in game money too.....or lease them for 30 days...whatever. BUT you can buy guns, cars, clothing ect. with real money if you'd like too...you don't have to but plenty of people do.

I pay for a premium membership, $10/month, and just get the guns with in game money...

The game really kicks ass! There's a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of driving and shooting it's awesome....reminds me of Counter Strike in some ways but with a huge city and cars to drive around in!

I would suggest downloading it and trying it out. Give it a week or so though before you decide to quit because like I said....takes a little time to "get it".
Is it like GTA games?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 6, 2011, 23:28 Trevellian

I played up until about a month ago. Because of their lack of a permanent solution to hackers it got old.
They'd make this big deal out of dropping the banhammer every month and then those hackers would make other accounts to rage on. And it would be even worse than normal for about a week. Rinse repeat. They still haven't banned all the hackers, and it was down to about 4 of each district running per night (at least on Joker East) In other words only like maybe.... 400 people playing on the east coast at night maximum.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 6, 2011, 22:24 |oR|jonvall

1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 6, 2011, 21:07 PropheT

Anybody play APB since the relaunch? How is it/do they charge for everything?

I really liked it when it came out (yes, I'm serious), but it needed some help and more people playing.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo