Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Epic IP Reveal Saturday

This trailer teases Epic's plans to unveil a brand new game on Saturday at the Spike VGAs. According to CliffyB: "We have something new in store for you. It's an entirely fresh new experience we'll be crafting here in our North Carolina studio, and you're not going to want to miss it."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 10, 2011, 15:11 Dades

Beamer wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 16:22:
Also, to people that complain that all the guys in Epic's recent games look like refrigerators with guns, you've never met Chris Perna, the Epic art director. He looks like a refrigerator. He's only slightly less muscled than the average Epic in-game male. He more or less makes characters that look like him.

Wow you are clueless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 7, 2011, 16:22 Beamer

As someone else said, and I keep saying, Epic tends to release tech demos with their games' assets prior to announcing the game. So no, it will not be Dragon Age 2 like.

Also, to people that complain that all the guys in Epic's recent games look like refrigerators with guns, you've never met Chris Perna, the Epic art director. He looks like a refrigerator. He's only slightly less muscled than the average Epic in-game male. He more or less makes characters that look like him.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 7, 2011, 15:33 Draugr

My guess is something dragon age 2 like, with less RPG and more action. I guess more like god of war with some RPG-lite elements. Though, this is obviously pure speculation.

Its cool they are trying new things, the saddest part about this news is where Mike Capps let's everyone know after this game they will be getting back to making the same crap they always do.

"I can't wait for [the team] to get back to something like Gears in the future," he continued, "because it's sort of our bread and butter, and they're going to be more energized for it."

Guess we'll find out saturday

27. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 7, 2011, 01:27 edaciousx

They need to just stfu and make a new unreal game. Not unreal freaken tournament, so sick of those.... never was a fan of UT. Big fan of Unreal 1.  

26. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 09:25 Verno

Epic hasn't really made anything interesting to me in quite awhile, I don't begrudge them their success but I do hope they return to making interesting games instead of courting the casual masses. Lord knows they have enough licensing dollars to afford to take a risk or two. The world doesn't need another hooah musclehead space marine game.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

25. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 09:22 Lobster

Oh good, another announcement for an announcement.  

24. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 08:58 rocketship

I can't believe I really watched an announcement for a coming game announcement.

There must really be a part of me left, somewhere inside, that hopes Epic makes something interesting.

They never made something with a robot as a main char, right? There is still _something_ new they can do, with their macho-scifi-thing.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2011, 01:48.

23. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 08:51 Sempai

It's well known that the new IP is called Unreal Heroes: Global Offensive.

It will play in your browser and will be f2p, but for only 15min a sitting before you need to go purchase more dlc.

22. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 08:27 xXBatmanXx

....not interested....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 07:44 arnold

hope they create unreal 1 reboot..love that game...and also bulletstorm 2...and please no more unreal tournament and gears of war

20. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 07:09 Dades

I really do wish Bulletstorm had sold well enough for a part 2 because it was a really fun game to play.

My favorite part of Bulletstorm was where they put that Duty Calls trailer mocking other FPS games then Bulletstorm went ahead to feature many of the things they were making fun of in the first place.

19. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 06:50 pagb

More filthy-mouthed bulky grunts... great...  

18. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 05:32 netnerd85

Rhett wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 21:36:
Bulletstorm was refreshing and fun
refreshing?

That was not news worthy Blue. That was boring.

17. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 05:29 InBlack

Blah...  

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 02:34 Halo

Don't forget if it scores below a 9 it's a attempt to ruin his online reviews, and if it doesn't sell on the PC it's because everybody pirated it.  

15. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 02:25 Cutter

Hoop wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 01:37:
"It's an entirely fresh new experience"
This calls for a Mento!

Ok, Hoop wins this one.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 01:37 Hoop

"It's an entirely fresh new experience"
This calls for a Mento!

Um .. Behind you...

13. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:57 Draugr

That's because they basically get to run commercials in the middle of the program. Which is the main reason people watch it. The awards are still something no one cares about.  

12. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:40 spindoctor

Epic makes fun games, so I'm looking forward to this. I really do wish Bulletstorm had sold well enough for a part 2 because it was a really fun game to play.

It's kind of odd that developers are starting to treat the Spike VGA as a big deal. There are quite a few big announcements scheduled for this year's event, and even last year they made some pretty big announcements/reveals there (Skyrim was first revealed there too).

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

11. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:26 ColoradoHoudini

Unreal XMP 2 please!

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo