Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

There are reports this morning that the Jose Reyes situation is concluded, and the one-time Mets shortstop is taking his talents to South Beach. If this turns out to be the case it will be a tough blow to take as a fan of the team as the pain and suffering from the mismanagement of the roster and the owners' money does not seem to be ending any time soon. Example? As the Marlins will be paying the 28 year-old Reyes $17.6M per year to play shortstop, the Mets will be paying the 33 year-old Jason Bay $16.5M per year to play left field. Every year I drift away from watching Mets games when they are out of contention... I'm just afraid this season that point will come during spring training.

Sad Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Minecraft Tower Defense.
Legend of the Void.
Links: Day Of The Ninja. Thanks Dark Roasted Blend.
If Real Life Had Video Game Glitches and Cheats.
Unseen Empire Strikes Back Storyboards Detailing the Battle of Hoth!. Thanks TheForce.Net.
Stories: Postal cuts to slow delivery of first-class mail. Thanks Slashdot.
Everyone Who Has Used Ticketmaster In The Last 12 Years Is Getting A Refund. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Mammoths May Be Roaming the World In Five Years. Thanks HARDOCP.
Tardis Cubicle is a Little Bigger Inside.
Media: Gorgeous Skyrim timelapse by a professional photographer.
SNL Digital Short: Batman
Community Anime Sequence of the Day.
The Funnies: Chuck & Beans: The Three Stages of Gaming.
Star Wars Meets Futurama.
Pacman’s Diet.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ticketmaster Dec 6, 2011, 00:13 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 22:32:
This isn't a settlement for a class action lawsuit, it's a Ticketmaster pay day. The lawyers make a crapload of cash, and the people actually affected have to BUY a damn ticket in order to collect. If you've been to a concert a year for the past decade, you've paid dozens of dollars in fees. Ticketmaster is essentially a monopoly, and should be broken apart to allow for competition. Maybe then we'd see decent ticket prices.

Yea I go out of my way to buy tickets any other way possible - ie from a local store or from the venue itself.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Ticketmaster Dec 5, 2011, 22:32 jdreyer

This isn't a settlement for a class action lawsuit, it's a Ticketmaster pay day. The lawyers make a crapload of cash, and the people actually affected have to BUY a damn ticket in order to collect. If you've been to a concert a year for the past decade, you've paid dozens of dollars in fees. Ticketmaster is essentially a monopoly, and should be broken apart to allow for competition. Maybe then we'd see decent ticket prices.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 21:01 xXBatmanXx

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 19:13:
Its an all out, no holds barred physical sport, with a mental aspect that no sport rivals.

30 teams filling stadiums on a daily basis for 7 months of the year. No sport (in the US) has that kind of attendance or fandom.

BWAWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2011, 21:16.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 20:18 WarPig

Blue, I kind of thought you'd be happy to get rid of Reyes and his contract. Of course you know that now he'll finally start being healthy and live up to his potential. I don't know how you felt when the Mets signed Bay, but at the time I remember wishing my Mariner's would get him. What's happened to him is what's happened to pretty much every high priced free agent that the Mariners have signed over the last decade or so - they get the big money and think they have to play at 150% to earn it and end up playing like crap.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 19:13 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 17:55:
It boggles the effing mind how much baseball players get paid. Let's face it, baseball is more of a hobby than an actual sport.

One of the hardest things to do on the planet is hit a round ball with a round bat. Baseball is far from a hobby. Baseball players have hand/eye coordination on par with gods. The mental aspect of baseball is brutal. 162 games a year? Lets see you try that. Its an all out, no holds barred physical sport, with a mental aspect that no sport rivals.

30 teams filling stadiums on a daily basis for 7 months of the year. No sport (in the US) has that kind of attendance or fandom.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 18:44 Bhruic

It boggles the effing mind how much baseball players get paid

How anyone can have their mind boggled over baseball player salaries when you consider how many people pay large amounts of money for tickets to the games boggles the effing mind.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 18:20 Cutter

Anyone playing EQ2 atm? Isn't Age of Discovery rolling out tomorrow along with the game going F2P? I'm thinking of picking it up and getting back into the game as the new additions of the Beatlord class, mercenaries and dungeon creator sound like good times along with the quest revamps and overhauls of Freeport and such.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 17:55 Cutter

It boggles the effing mind how much baseball players get paid. Let's face it, baseball is more of a hobby than an actual sport.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 13:26 Bodolza

I always grab the Amazon free app of the day, even though I don't install 90% of them. There's no downside, and it only takes a few seconds.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 13:00 Dirwulf

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 11:44:
I still don't understand why the Marlins feel they need two shortstops.

Creston

Ozzie is moving Hanley to 3rd.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 11:44 Creston

I still don't understand why the Marlins feel they need two shortstops.

Creston

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2011, 10:47 xXBatmanXx

Anyone grab that free Android (guess it is also a PC/MAC game) game on Amazon yesterday? "Airport Mania 2 Wild Trips"? Reminds me a lot of Flight HD on Steam. Super addictive and a nice diversion from other stuff. Was a great time waster during the wife's bowling league game last night.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2011, 11:09.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo