Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Yeah, I was right about the ominous turn of the calendar that brought December upon us. MrsBlue informed me that we are braving the crowds to do some holiday shopping today. Okay, where's the eggnog?

Noggy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Random Heroes.
Outpost Combat 2.
Links: 5 Photoshop Disasters to astound and amuse.
4 Celebrity Workout Videos That Should Not Have Been.
Stories: Mass. Boy Faces Harassment Inquiry for Groin Punch. Thanks brother19.
"Starship Troopers" Remake On The Way. Why?
Science: Two Elements Named: Livermorium and Flerovium. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: Ghosts 'n Goblins Blacksmith.
Fire Alarm Interrupts NBC Nightly News, Brian Williams.
How To Lose $2,400 In 24 Seconds.
House of the Rising Sun.
The Funnies: Magical Game Time: Skyrim VS Real Life.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 14:19 PHJF

Would you like to know more?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 14:05 Cutter

Samurai Programmer wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 12:07:
Why should there be a Starship Troopers remake?

Because we can ill afford another Klendathu!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 13:46 raVen

Not starship troopers related:
So Delicious coconut milk eggnog is awesome! I'm lactose intolerant and haven't had any for years until this Thanksgiving!

Just passing it on in case anyone wants to try it

Starship troopers related:
I found the movie pretty hilarious, but I never read the book. I should read the book at some point, maybe after finals

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 13:32 kanniballl

I realize the first one didn't follow the book very well, and am not against a remake on those reasons. Heck, we're remaking Spidey after only a couple of years.

Just be careful what you wish for... they tried to remake "The Shining" since the original didn't follow the book that closely either... and the remake wasn't that good.

However I did enjoy the first Starship Troopers (and ONLY the first) film. It was a parody into how things are and could be... kind of like a lot of the scenes in Robocop (with the whole super Capitalism / Reaganomics / etc).

The other 2 sequels were very weak, but I still enjoy watching the first one from time to time.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 13:13 RavingArmy

Slightly longer version than the short response, slightly shorter than the long response:

They can't possibly screw up a remake any more than the two godawful direct-to-video sequels. As an added point, there might be some almost-genuine thinking about putting up a more faithful remake to try and compete with the film adaptation of "The Forever War." We might get to enjoy a summer of battlesuit-laden crunchy sci-fi fun.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 12:16 UttiniDaKilrJawa

I was just gonna go with the short version:

Cuz the first one SUCKED!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 12:07 Samurai Programmer

Why should there be a Starship Troopers remake?

Because the book Starship Troopers has never actually been made into a movie. The movie in question was 'based on' the book and broke faith with it's story in several crucial ways.

They turned "Never leave a man behind" into "Kill your buddy before you run away".

They turned an interesting form of government where a vote has to be earned and a life or death struggle for the existence of the human race into a farcical fascist ridicule of patriotism.

Forgive me, I have been a huge RAH fan for 40 years and it breaks my heart to see how hollywood has ruined two of his better books (Starship Troopers and The Puppet Masters).

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo