Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website announces that preorders are now being accepted for Razer's premium peripherals for the game. The example they offer is a $249.00 keyboard with programmable macro keys, adaptive tactile keys, and a full-color multi-touch LCD track-panel. The site also now offers a new Choose Your Side: Imperial Agent vs. Jedi Consular trailer described like so: "In 'Choose Your Side,' members of the BioWare development team plead their cases for each of the iconic classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic, highlighting the numerous skills and abilities that set each class apart. In the third entry in this series, writers and developers discuss the cunning precision of the Imperial Agent, and the Force mastery of the Jedi Consular." Finally, the Star Wars: The Old Republic Facebook Page is releasing one new musical track from the game every day until the launch of BioWare's MMORPG on December 20th. The clips are also on the YouTube: Yesterday's was The Mandalorian Blockade and today's is Korriban, The Homeworld.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 4, 2011, 18:39 Eldaron Imotholin

I feel sorry for every brainwashed mind that has Razor stuff at home. I have a Speedlink mouse for 20,- that has literally all the features a 85,- RaZor mouse has. Never had this great a mouse ever!

This truly woke me up. How much you'd wanna spend for a brand you've read some fucking nerd write about is pathetic.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 19:07 WyldKat

If I didn't already have a Naga I'd spring for that mouse. Although I do prefer corded mice.  

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 13:33 nin

wusel wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 06:00:
Uh none, because GW2 only has players, not fanboys. SWTOR has all you clowns for that.

uhm, yeah..
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/guildwars-2-charr-plush/

Aaaaaaaawkwaaaaaaard...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 06:00 wusel

Uh none, because GW2 only has players, not fanboys. SWTOR has all you clowns for that.

uhm, yeah..
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/guildwars-2-charr-plush/

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 05:12 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 00:45:
eunichron wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 22:19:
Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 20:50:
$250 keyboard? $140 mouse? $130 headset? $50 dollar mouse pad? $60 client? $15 per month? Getting scammed by Lucas/EA/Bioware/Razer? Priceless...for them.

ROFLMAO. A sucker really is born every minute.

How many GW2 themed peripherals are you going to be buying?

Says the GW2 fanboy...

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 00:45 Cutter

$250 keyboard? $140 mouse? $130 headset? $50 dollar mouse pad? $60 client? $15 per month? Getting scammed by Lucas/EA/Bioware/Razer? Priceless...for them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 23:08 Sepharo

I like your honesty Alamar  

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 23:08 Agent.X7

If they made a peripheral that was just the touchscreen and adaptive buttons and sold it for $100 with no branding, I'd be all over that. But $250 for a keyboard that only has those two features that I like? Hell no. I prefer my Merc stealth for gaming, not some pimped out laptop style keyboard.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 23:04 Alamar

Heh... My first thought when I read the news post was, ugh... What a waste of customers, as those not fans will stay far away (like the no chance in hell I would get a CoD/MW product), but then I am reminded by the WoW mouse I have, and the WoW headset I had.

I would like to argue that they were great products, but they weren't : ). The headset sound was great, but the mic was fucked, and the construction pretty amazingly cheap.

The mouse works fine, at least the basic typical (advanced) buttons, but the WoW specific settings/functionality were crap, so I left it off.

In the end, they weren't much more than competing products, and if I like the look of a new branded product, I would do it again.

So as for the 'scam', I don't see it... As for he hypocrisy, I can't really judge someone else with so little info (and when do you ever really have all the information about someone else).

-Alamar

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 22:34 Mordecai Walfish

Holy fuck! *Only* $250 for a force-powered keyboard!?

I'll have my butler sign me up pronto!

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 22:19 eunichron

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 21:41 jomisab

$60 for the client? Whoever spends that kind of money on peripherals will certainly be getting the Collector's Edition for $150.

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 2, 2011, 20:50 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo