Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 3 Trolling?

A photo posted on Twitter by Uber Entertainment's Chandana Ekanayake shows a t-shirt with a Half-Life 3 logo, saying: "All I'm saying is I saw this at a local game developer event worn by a Valve employee." Whether this is significant, or just trolling is not clear yet. The two hash tags he uses for this are #HalfLife3 and #ValveTrolling. Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

12. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 13:03 Dades

Pass on a Halflife game? I never thought such a thing possible, what have we come to? I don't care if it takes them three months or another three years, I'll be patiently awaiting the trilogy closer.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 12:56 Matshock

Tavil wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:13:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:07:
Better have a new engine on par with BF3 or Crysis!

I doubt it, Valve has said they are going to push the Source engine as far as they can before making a full new engine. I think that is a good thing as well, its nice having a developer push an engine this long, unlike every other dev that seems they have to make a brand new engine every year. Source is still great, especially for people without top of the line computers.

Unless there are loads of awesome new gameplay mechanics I may actually pass then.

Portal 2 was a showcase of Source's memory address limitations. It had a loading screen in the middle of an action sequence.

HL2 had plenty of high-end DX9 features when it was released BTW- it was also backwards-compatible with slower systems.

10. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 12:34 Baudkarma

Valve generally doesn't leak this sort of information until they're ready to. If this guy really is a Valve employee, then he's either wearing that shirt with the knowledge and approval of whoever decides those things at Valve, or he's going to be looking for a new job shortly.

I am not a man! I am a free number!

9. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 12:29 Mad Max RW

The crowbar shadow making a 2 as Half Life 2's first hint of existence was actually clever. I'm calling bullshit on the lame t-shirt.  

8. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:17 McSterls

The shirt is probably a prank, you know like irony and shit - I want one now myself.  

7. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:13 Tavil

I doubt it, Valve has said they are going to push the Source engine as far as they can before making a full new engine. I think that is a good thing as well, its nice having a developer push an engine this long, unlike every other dev that seems they have to make a brand new engine every year. Source is still great, especially for people without top of the line computers.

6. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:10 Fibrocyte

Agreed. The BF3 engine is quite nice.

5. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:07 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:05 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 10:56:
I don't think it has be significant or trolling. We all know HL3 is coming. I really doubt it will be "episode 3" at this point. It's not like they have denied development and this is a shocking reveal.

It's actually just an intentional troll to give Dev a heart attack.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

3. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 10:59 Tavil

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 10:56:
I don't think it has be significant or trolling. We all know HL3 is coming. I really doubt it will be "episode 3" at this point. It's not like they have denied development and this is a shocking reveal.

I agree with you on that, its been far too long for it to be just another episode. People expect a full blown Half-Life 3.

2. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 10:56 StingingVelvet

1. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 10:41 Tavil

I would really hope that Valve wouldn't be that evil towards its fan base.  

92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo