Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow

Rockstar Games announces an official Social Club multiplayer event tomorrow to celebrate the third anniversary of the release of the Windows PC edition of Grand Theft Auto IV:

Get ready for our next official Social Club multiplayer event - happening this Friday December 2nd with a three hour PC session of Grand Theft Auto IV plus Episodes from Liberty City from 4-7PM Eastern time on Games for Windows LIVE. The occasion happens to fall on the 3rd anniversary of the release of Grand Theft Auto IV for PC so we're stocking the event sweepstakes Rockstar Prize Packs with original collectible GTAIV foam fingers, lapel pin sets, license plates, t-shirts and large character stickers. We're also inviting some special guest players from the GTA fansite community to join us (and you) as we get down and dirty from Cops n' Crooks to GTA Race to Team Deathmatch and also playing modes by request from the episodes The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 16:28 dubfanatic

Yeah, I have no idea how it figures out the host but it seems like it prefers people based on connection quality (upload speed and NAT quality most likely). After getting cable Internet I would almost always be made the host after the original host would leave a game, even in large games, but I was not so lucky with earlier connection types.

Team Mafiya Work with team blips enabled is actually quite enjoyable especially with a decent team and good settings, but it does have some serious bugs that crop up from time to time. I think I might download this again and give it another go tomorrow.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 16:21 xXBatmanXx

dubfanatic wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 14:43:
GTA IV uses peer-to-peer matchmaking through GFWL, not dedicated servers, so I don't think that is the case here.

It does?! Well, then I have never been host, cause the connectivity has been shit.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 14:43 dubfanatic

GTA IV uses peer-to-peer matchmaking through GFWL, not dedicated servers, so I don't think that is the case here.  

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 12:37 xXBatmanXx

I am once again under the impression (as with the last one last year) that this is a server load check. See what the MAX number of players is at the time of event so they can sunset some hardware, maybe even drastically reduce the amount of effort they put into the game. 3 years, and I hardly touched the MP portion. The lag was horrible, no one is ever playing the stuff I want to try, and in all honesty, the MP kinda sucks all around....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 11:33 nin

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 11:30:
nin wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 10:24:

AAAAA! All I saw was "Grand Theft Auto", then the "V", and then "event tomorrow" and just about had a stroke...

Gonna be a long year of waiting...

Isn't SR3 fixing that itch for you?

Creston

Somewhat. But I'm done with the story there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 11:30 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 10:24:

AAAAA! All I saw was "Grand Theft Auto", then the "V", and then "event tomorrow" and just about had a stroke...

Isn't SR3 fixing that itch for you?

Creston

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 11:10 nin

ItBurn wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 11:00:
I hope that this PC event means that they're commited about the PC being a launch platform for V...

So I've not been following it closely, but how did the LAN port turn out? I think I only read one review, and it wasn't overly kind in that regard.

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 11:00 ItBurn

I hope that this PC event means that they're commited about the PC being a launch platform for V...  

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 10:52 kyleb

Did they recently fix Cops n' Crooks? Last I tried, when you die it puts you in a glitched out spectator mode that runs at about a frame a second, and then kicks you because your game is running slow.  

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Tomorrow Dec 1, 2011, 10:24 nin

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo