Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patched

Steam News announces that the promised patch is now live in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, updating Bethesda's RPG to version 1.2. Here are the patch notes:

• Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

76. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 21:21 ForgedReality

We're comparing Skyrim penis sizes now? sigh  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 14:07 Gnolt

I must be a weirdo - 100 conj 92 archery 100 sneak
never did any smithing or enchanting
one hit kill most everything from stealth

74. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 08:20 Eldaron Imotholin

I post this also in another headline, so the chance is bigger you guys with the same problem after the Companions' Blood's Honor quest can read it!

Heeyy I fixed the Companion glitch manually, thanks to the link wtf_man provided and the site it lead me to.

A glitch occurs where this quest cannot be started if the player has already cleared out driftshade refuge. To fix this (PC):

1) wait 30 in-game days (this will respawn all enemies in driftshade refuge)
2) go to console, type 'player.setstage c05 0'

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

73. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 02:28 Wowbagger_TIP

wonkawonka wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 02:11:
Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 19:14:
Teddy wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:06:
I'll see your 560 hitpoints of bow damage and raise you a backstab from my blade of woe. 2(29 * 15) = 870 damage, add another 50 if you want to bother with poisons, but generally the only ones that seem to live past one are Centurion Masters.

Ideally I could forge a new blade that does more and enchant it higher, but I haven't found a reason to bother yet, and that's on Master difficulty.

Yeah, but you have to sneak all the way there. I kill them from 400 yards out.

Admittedly, my bow is nowhere near top of the range. With enchanting you can get it to like 280ish, but I purposely stay away from smithing and enchanting.

Creston

If you stay away from smithing and enchanting, bows are the way to go. In the lower levels I used to enjoy immensely finding the high ground to snipe away a full array of castle guards but lately at level 42 I've been wanting to accelerate the pace. And of course I can't get enough of cutting throats. I've got a couple of tricked out glass daggers that mince everything and I don't even have the 2x dagger armor of the dark brotherhood.

Each dagger does 49 base damage. If you don't even enchant them you get 735 damage each. Add the one-handed skills, added bonuses from armors, etc... I probably easily blow by 1,000 damage.

Where can you see the base damage number on a weapon?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

72. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 2, 2011, 02:11 wonkawonka

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 19:14:
I'll see your 560 hitpoints of bow damage and raise you a backstab from my blade of woe. 2(29 * 15) = 870 damage, add another 50 if you want to bother with poisons, but generally the only ones that seem to live past one are Centurion Masters.

Ideally I could forge a new blade that does more and enchant it higher, but I haven't found a reason to bother yet, and that's on Master difficulty.

Admittedly, my bow is nowhere near top of the range. With enchanting you can get it to like 280ish, but I purposely stay away from smithing and enchanting.

Creston

If you stay away from smithing and enchanting, bows are the way to go. In the lower levels I used to enjoy immensely finding the high ground to snipe away a full array of castle guards but lately at level 42 I've been wanting to accelerate the pace. And of course I can't get enough of cutting throats. I've got a couple of tricked out glass daggers that mince everything and I don't even have the 2x dagger armor of the dark brotherhood.

Each dagger does 49 base damage. If you don't even enchant them you get 735 damage each. Add the one-handed skills, added bonuses from armors, etc... I probably easily blow by 1,000 damage.

71. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 19:14 Creston

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 11:23:
Really? I never bother with daggers because it's too much hassle. Everything dies in max 3 arrows when stealthed. Of course, with all items and perks included, my bow does (IIRC) 130 damage, plus 40 from all the extras, then another 50 from decent poisons, and then x3 for the stealth crit.

Not to many things have (130+40)x3 + 50 = 560 hitpoints.

Creston

70. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 17:06 Teddy

Really? I never bother with daggers because it's too much hassle. Everything dies in max 3 arrows when stealthed. Of course, with all items and perks included, my bow does (IIRC) 130 damage, plus 40 from all the extras, then another 50 from decent poisons, and then x3 for the stealth crit.

Not to many things have (130+40)x3 + 50 = 560 hitpoints.

69. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:34 Creston

Ratty wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:28:
Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:21:
Ratty wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:07:

2. Moving service.
Yes, it's super convenient but I HATE that crappy hovel in Whiterun (though it's much nicer now that I figured out how to get rid of that harpy Lydia - all that "my lord" talk, I KNOW she's just being a sarcastic bitch). I have enough septims to buy another house someplace nicer but the thought of moving ALL my heavy crap makes me ill.

Bethesda will sell this to you for the low price of $19.99. What the DLC does is activate the console and type "tgm"! Oh, and the DLC will also make all bandits attack with shovels rather than weapons.

Creston
Console commands are cheating while exploits aren't. That's my motto Then again, if I PAID Bethesda to do it for me then maybe that wouldn't be cheating.

Okay, they'll just call it a Potion of Super Mega Carrying Stuffs! It does the same thing, except it doesn't show that that's what it's doing. The Potion will also cause all Jarls and their staff to go on a Populous-style, end of the world rampage, all of them meeting in Labyrinthian to have it out once and for all.

Creston

68. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:28 Ratty

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:21:

2. Moving service.
Yes, it's super convenient but I HATE that crappy hovel in Whiterun (though it's much nicer now that I figured out how to get rid of that harpy Lydia - all that "my lord" talk, I KNOW she's just being a sarcastic bitch). I have enough septims to buy another house someplace nicer but the thought of moving ALL my heavy crap makes me ill.

Bethesda will sell this to you for the low price of $19.99. What the DLC does is activate the console and type "tgm"! Oh, and the DLC will also make all bandits attack with shovels rather than weapons.

Creston
Console commands are cheating while exploits aren't. That's my motto Then again, if I PAID Bethesda to do it for me then maybe that wouldn't be cheating.

67. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:21 Creston

2. Moving service.

Creston

66. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:19 Creston

There are some threads on the PC support forum with screenshots of fairly bad looking texture downgrades on 1.2.

It would appear Bethesda's way of optimizing performance is by making even shittier, and even more low-res textures?

Edit : It could just be the lighting bug in 1.2 that's causing the textures to look shittier than they actually are. (Even though they're still pretty shitty.)

Thanks God for guys who are making high def texture packs.

Creston

65. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:07 Ratty

Hey, I just thought of the perfect DLCs:

1. Dog armor.
Through enchanting I got my Ebony Bow up to 270 damage which is INSANE. One shot kills 99% of the time. And I could get it even higher if I maxed out my Smithing. Ditto my glass armor. Anyway, I gifted Faendal with his own super bow and armor and he's now a killing machine (I made a big deal of gifting it to him, but he just stood there - sheesh, a little gratitude would be nice). But poor Stray Dog feels left out. C'mon Bethesda. How about a little dog love? Eeew, that didn't sound right ...

2. Moving service.
Yes, it's super convenient but I HATE that crappy hovel in Whiterun (though it's much nicer now that I figured out how to get rid of that harpy Lydia - all that "my lord" talk, I KNOW she's just being a sarcastic bitch). I have enough septims to buy another house someplace nicer but the thought of moving ALL my heavy crap makes me ill. So we need a DLC that adds a new house modification option that you can buy: moving your old crap. Yes, I know the exploit that lets you force your companion to carry way more than he's built for but I thought it'd be fun to wait around between 11 AM and 2 for the moving guys to show up, check for missing or broken items when they finish the job and spend a couple of weeks writing letters of complaint to the company demanding payment for the damage.

64. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:01 Cutter

Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 13:00:
Hah I just found Temba Wide-Arm at some inn, now to see if there is a Tanagra or Darmok.

Yeah, I laughed when I ran into her.

Darkmok and Jalad should be on the ocean though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

63. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 14:58 Creston

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 11:17:
At home I never have any framerate issues, so I couldn't really speculate how it would work there. I probably wouldn't really notice a difference.

Your framerate doesn't drop in cities or fluctuate at all? Because with this engine that would be a miracle.

Not so I notice, no. I guess it's possible it goes from 60 to 50 frames or something, but beyond that, no. Whiterun runs a little slower, but that seems pretty normal to me, since it's so huge and it needs to draw a ton at the same time.

But Markath, which is a slideshow for most people apparently, runs smooth for me.

Creston

62. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 14:24 Verno

Jdrez wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 14:20:
Oh and it may be 'blasphemy' but I found the best way to alleviate the mouse issues is to use a 360 controller.

There's a few .ini tweaks to make the mouse problems go away, mainly related to changing the base sensitivity on both axis. The latest patch supposedly fixes the vertical sensitivity problem as well.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

61. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 14:20 Jdrez

I'm only 19 hours in, but since the only bugs I've noticed are one crash, one case of my entire PC shutting off (I googled this, it happened to many people), and just little things like mammoths falling from the sky and laughing as an NPC I'm following keeps going off path and running into rivers.

Think I'll leave well enough alone.

Oh and it may be 'blasphemy' but I found the best way to alleviate the mouse issues is to use a 360 controller.

60. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 14:00 Wowbagger_TIP

It's a shame that while they boosted thieves and archery, however, they nerfed mages. Mages are just pieces of shit now. I have to cast 600 mana's worth of spells to kill one fucking high level bandit. After which I can either suck down 8 potions, or die.

High level conjuration balances it out, but it's kind of boring watching your dremora lords kill everything.

I'm playing a sort of rogue/mage right now, and while the magic certainly isn't overpowering, it's generally sufficient to get the job done. I tend to use lightning on high-level enemies like Draugr and such, since it tends to stagger them. Wait for them to stand back up, and then blast them again. If I equip some items that help with mana regen, I can take on at least 2 high-level baddies at once, probably more if I try. My destruction magic is only at 75 right now.

I definitely agree that the AI gives up too easily when responding to stealthed players. You just watched the guy next to you take an arrow in the face, explode into flames, and fly backwards over the edge of the wall you're on. Do you:
(A) Say "what was that?", look around for 30 seconds, and then resume standing on the wall.
(B) Take cover, call for backup, wait 30 seconds, and then tell everyone to go back to what they were doing.
(C) Take cover, call for backup, and then search the grounds until you find the little bastard who just killed your buddy and cut him into little pieces, or at least make sure he's not around anymore. If he doesn't show up, maybe you can relax again tomorrow.

The AI tends to go with A or B only. That just seems pretty weird.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2011, 14:07.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

59. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 13:56 eRe4s3r

For real? wow.. i never encountered the enchanter bug before and I did a LOT of enchanting.. i just saved reloaded and that fixed it.. sorta.

But its kinda telling that i had this bug the first time when i tried the new patch.. maybe because i reset the configs entirely.

58. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 13:41 Eldaron Imotholin

Anyone else missing daedra enemies? Or am I not high lvl yet and will they appear later on? I'm bored with the undead

I saved a fox from a wolf today. After that I chased after the fox to heal it. A quiet voice in my mind reminded me it's just a game....

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

57. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 13:00 Verno

Hah I just found Temba Wide-Arm at some inn, now to see if there is a Tanagra or Darmok.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo