Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Previews Dec 1, 2011, 08:57 Ant

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 13:51:
I didn't get as much time as I would have liked (Saturday start, other stuff going on), but I hit 18 (using a character from the previous weekend). Overall, I'm pretty impressed. I had a good time, and the story was at least interesting.

Looking forward to the launch next month.
Heh, I could have played but real life and technical problems (e.g., my three years old Seagate 500 GB HDD dying!) took that away.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 18:38 Cutter

Veterator wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 14:44:
I've been in beta for awhile. The content you experience at low levels is more well done than the content you get at the higher levels. Class story quest is the core non-repeated material, and it gets further between as you go along.

Playing an alt on the same side, you'll find 90% of the quests are repeats, with you having only the options to change it via your dark/light choice and sometimes that doesn't change it.

I just think that while the voice acting and stuff is well done, you can only consume it once unless you are like the guy from Momento and lose your memory each day.

My thoughs exactly. The game will get old real fast.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 18:37 Morphine

Christ, that's called a review?

All that guy does is complain in all of his articles.

I played WoW for many years and have thoroughly enjoyed the snippets of beta I've been able to play. Sure there's the odd glitch or bug but that's what beta is about. This so-called review is ridiculous, much like the others that have been written on that website. He even self-confessed that he hadn't seen any end-game and his generalised and sweeping comments about the MMO genre is out of touch and irrelevant.

Trembling hand should put the pen down, for good.

5. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 17:23 sir

I played at the weekend and while I enjoyed the experience overall, I think playing as a Jedi was far too similar to playing as a spy in Tabula Rasa.  

4. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 16:59 Deathhead

I enjoyed the voice acting as well, but after about an hour I just kept hitting space bar after reading the text. Its a tough call, on one hand I enjoyed it and the story, on the other I wanted to see as much of the game as I could  

3. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 14:44 Veterator

I've been in beta for awhile. The content you experience at low levels is more well done than the content you get at the higher levels. Class story quest is the core non-repeated material, and it gets further between as you go along.

Playing an alt on the same side, you'll find 90% of the quests are repeats, with you having only the options to change it via your dark/light choice and sometimes that doesn't change it.

I just think that while the voice acting and stuff is well done, you can only consume it once unless you are like the guy from Momento and lose your memory each day.

2. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 13:51 nin

I didn't get as much time as I would have liked (Saturday start, other stuff going on), but I hit 18 (using a character from the previous weekend). Overall, I'm pretty impressed. I had a good time, and the story was at least interesting.

Looking forward to the launch next month.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Morning Previews Nov 29, 2011, 13:30 Mordecai Walfish

I had a chance to play SW:TOR for the weekend beta this past weekend and was surprised by how good the game actually is. AAA voice acting throughout *and* quite an engaging and deep storyline, though I only got to level 13 as a Jedi Consular. Leaving the initial planet to the orbiting space station, and seeing that what I had just gone through was a mere drop in the bucket, made me actually consider pre-ordering the game.. something I haven't done for an MMO since Ultima Online ^_^

Truly a polished and commendable entry into the MMO genre, and likely the first title capable of being a "WoW killer". The only thing that may hold it back from the popularity of WoW is the Space/Sci-Fi theme not being as popular with players as a swords and sorcery fantasy setting.. we'll see.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo