Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patch Wednesday

The Bethesda Blog has patch notes for a new version 1.2 patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, saying the PS3 edition is live, and the ETA to update the Windows and Xbox 360 editions of Bethesda's RPG sequel is Wednesday. Here are the patch notes

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
  • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

28. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:29 wasp

I'd rather have oblivion gates than dragons. The models themselves look great, but yeah, having the dragons fly around causes me to wonder why the childrens parents aren't being better parents and keep their children "safe" indoors!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:22 Verno

wasp wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:11:
Yeah, although i havn't finished the DB quests, i was disappointed by the "lightheartedness" of the DB. A little girl? A jester? Other NPC's who seem like they don't want to be there or it's just a "job" for them. Actually, the whole game is toned down in terms of disturbing subject matter. I understand why, to not offend anyone.

There's no cleverness to the quest design for the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. Nothing that even comes close to the murder mystery party from Oblivion or etc. They're just so simple and rote, it's really kind of mind boggling that I've done sidequests with better design than the DB stuff.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

26. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:17 Lobster

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:04:
Also.. why can't we ask the vampire girl to turn us into a vampire, or produce more vampires from the followers in the guild?

Because then everything would end up a friggin vampire and Skyrim would be so glittery you couldn't see and doe-eyed girls who are allergic to taking initiative would swarm all over the place and the dragons would eat them and get big and fat and too heavy to fly and then slaying one wouldn't be quite as impressive now would it?

25. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:15 Lobster

Wait, dragons not attacking was an "issue?" I thought that added a lot of depth to the game. I once came across a dragon that looked like it was sleeping until I woke it up with an arrow. Another time one flew overhead and kept going. Isn't it just possible that the first dragon was tired and the second one had other dragon stuff to do?  

24. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:11 wasp

Yeah, although i havn't finished the DB quests, i was disappointed by the "lightheartedness" of the DB. A little girl? A jester? Other NPC's who seem like they don't want to be there or it's just a "job" for them. Actually, the whole game is toned down in terms of disturbing subject matter. I understand why, to not offend anyone.  

23. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:04 eRe4s3r

Theres also that the DB quest never properly concludes.. it just sort of stopped in the middle (you can never properly rebuild the sanctuary.. all you get is some card-box npcs that follow you, but nobody besides the un-child and the dude. And even those don't even have continuity in their dialog.

Kinda the same problem with the other guilds as well. Mods are going to have to expand upon the (lame) base we have now for all the guilds with more quests that come after you actually completed the "main" guild missions. And i don't mean the procedural generated "steal this, kill that" missions both the Thief guild and dark brotherhood have.

Also.. why can't we ask the vampire girl to turn us into a vampire, or produce more vampires from the followers in the guild?

22. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 08:29 Verno

Offtopic but I just finished the Dark Brotherhood stuff and without spoiling anything I just want to say that I get what other people were complaining about, it's a huge letdown. The Thieves Guild stuff wasn't perfect but it was definitely far better than the DB this time around. The DB quests felt rushed, simplistic and had little of the humor or appeal of the previous DB efforts. Damned shame.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

21. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 06:45 Eldaron Imotholin

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 03:58:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:29:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:24:
Kythlyn wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:08:
Not a single quest bug fix? Really?
Yeah, I still have one quest I can't finish. Since I retrieved an item before I got the quest to retrieve it, I can't deliver the item because it won't give me the dialog line to say that I have the item for him. Really annoying. I suspect a lot of quest fixes will be done by modders, as usual with Bethesda games. I'm thinking about looking up the console codes to let me try to fix the quest manually now. Should just need to advance it a notch or two I think.

Alright! I didn't know about that command.

I presume you're talking about the Companions questline. It's stuck for me as well. Freakin' annoying.

I also hate the fact that you can't cancel the werewolf form but have to wait a few minutes while you won't be able to pick up stuff ergo properly explore in that form. Because of this I never change into one and want to remove the affliction which I now can't...

Have you tried dropping the item and picking it up again? That matter of factly fixed a similar bug I had. You're unable to drop most quest items, though.

In that case you'll have to force the item to drop with the console command, then you can pick it back up to fulfill the quest objective. Most of the quest issues I've run into can be fixed either that way, by removing leftover quest items, or by manually progressing the quest stage. Unfortunately, there's a pretty major side quest in Windhelm that won't start, and cannot be forced to start, for a lot of people...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

20. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 03:58 jacobvandy

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:29:
Yeah, I still have one quest I can't finish. Since I retrieved an item before I got the quest to retrieve it, I can't deliver the item because it won't give me the dialog line to say that I have the item for him. Really annoying. I suspect a lot of quest fixes will be done by modders, as usual with Bethesda games. I'm thinking about looking up the console codes to let me try to fix the quest manually now. Should just need to advance it a notch or two I think.

Have you tried dropping the item and picking it up again? That matter of factly fixed a similar bug I had. You're unable to drop most quest items, though.

In that case you'll have to force the item to drop with the console command, then you can pick it back up to fulfill the quest objective. Most of the quest issues I've run into can be fixed either that way, by removing leftover quest items, or by manually progressing the quest stage. Unfortunately, there's a pretty major side quest in Windhelm that won't start, and cannot be forced to start, for a lot of people...

19. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 02:29 Eldaron Imotholin

18. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 02:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Oh, and I have another quest that I did finish, but which still shows up in my list. And another one where the guy keeps saying the same dialog line every time he sees me, as if I had just completed it.

Also, I noticed that the Thieves Hood seems to be tagged as both headwear and bodywear. If I equip it, it unequips whatever robes/armor I have on, as well as any other headwear. That's really annoying. I sometimes forget this and end up running around naked until one of the townsfolk says something about it to remind me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

17. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 02:08 Kythlyn

16. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 01:50 Mashiki Amiketo

My breton just experienced space flight. Fighting a pair of giants and got smashed, the next thing I knew I was flying, flying free...into orbit. I think it took nearly 2mins to fall.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 01:33 Eldaron Imotholin

PHJF wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:18:
I was just walking through Falkreth when two Thalmor fell out of the sky, landed on a roof, rolled off, and died. Neither one had any suspicious scrolls on them.

Haha that's what I lpve about the TES series, especially when physics were introduced. Once I was thrown by a dragon and while I was flying horizontally in the air my upper body hit a wall and I went down the cliff spinning so incredibly hard I was surprised I didn't fall upward! Awesome. Also that spontanious glitchy (probably?) stuff you just mentioned is golden!

As for the patch.. too bad my Companions questline hasn't been fixed. Now it's still stuck after the Silver Hand attacke Jarrklvaksie, damnit.

14. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 01:18 PHJF

I was just walking through Falkreth when two Thalmor fell out of the sky, landed on a roof, rolled off, and died. Neither one had any suspicious scrolls on them.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 00:32 StingingVelvet

Jivaro wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 00:24:
My bet is that we won't see the CK until after Christmas. My theory is that they don't want to give the PC version something the console versions can't have for fear of hurting console sales.

I doubt it, if they felt that way they would have held back the mod tools for their other recent titles.

It's likely they put the mod tools off to get the game out the door and now they're working on patches. The tools will come.

12. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 00:24 Jivaro

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 00:06:
Yeah, even if the PC controls fixes make them work flawlessly, this is a pretty lame patch... Hopefully we get a much more sizable one before year's end, along with the Creation Kit.

My bet is that we won't see the CK until after Christmas. My theory is that they don't want to give the PC version something the console versions can't have for fear of hurting console sales.

11. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 00:18 Jivaro

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 23:53:
the_culture wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 23:38:
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Hahahaha, that's classic.

......i kinda wanna experience this bug...lol

Is that a mother-in-law joke I detect?

10. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 00:06 jacobvandy

Yeah, even if the PC controls fixes make them work flawlessly, this is a pretty lame patch... Hopefully we get a much more sizable one before year's end, along with the Creation Kit.  

9. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 28, 2011, 23:53 dj LiTh

the_culture wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 23:38:
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Hahahaha, that's classic.

......i kinda wanna experience this bug...lol

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo