Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patch Wednesday

The Bethesda Blog has patch notes for a new version 1.2 patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, saying the PS3 edition is live, and the ETA to update the Windows and Xbox 360 editions of Bethesda's RPG sequel is Wednesday. Here are the patch notes

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
  • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Dec 21, 2011, 19:20 krames

this patch sucked like no other and ruined my game on the 360. everything is fuckin blue now  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Dec 2, 2011, 08:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Heeyy I fixed the Companion glitch manually, thanks to the link wtf_man provided and the site it lead me to.

A glitch occurs where this quest cannot be started if the player has already cleared out driftshade refuge. To fix this (PC):

1) wait 30 in-game days (this will respawn all enemies in driftshade refuge)
2) go to console, type 'player.setstage c05 0'

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

46. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 30, 2011, 09:06 Eldaron Imotholin

wtf_man wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:30:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:33:
As for the patch.. too bad my Companions questline hasn't been fixed. Now it's still stuck after the Silver Hand attacke Jarrklvaksie, damnit.

I didn't run into any issues with the Companions quests... however I have run into a few quests that are bugged. If you are stuck on a bugged quest... type in the console:

player.setstage <Quest ID> <Stage #>

You can get the Quest ID from here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Quests

Click on a link to the quest you are stuck on... the ID will be near the top of the page and the Stage numbers will be in a table near the bottom. If the Quest is bugged near the end... look for the Green checkmark that signifies the stage number of the end (usually 200).

From your description, I assume you are doing the Companion Quest "Blood's Honor"
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood%27s_Honor

You'd type in the console:
player.setstage C04 200 (If You are stuck after Kodlak was killed)

Wtf man, thanks! I'll try this out the next time I'm playing Skyrim!

Just installed Batman AC yesterday night which took me almost 2 freaking hours before I took my girlfriend out to dinner. I realized though, even without having played it yet, tha BAC is plagued with DRM parasites. Looking forward to finally giving it a try after work tonight though! Sorry for getting offtopic.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

45. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 14:25 Mordecai Walfish

Jesus tittyfucking christ this entire thread needs to be [SPOILER ALERT] tagged.

44. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 14:04 StingingVelvet

LittleMe wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:52:
Fixing so many rare issues and not the critical issues PC players are experiencing. This isn't much of a patch.

Mouse control is pretty damn critical and honestly the only issue I have with the game.

43. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 14:03 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 10:10:
Man I'm really bummed to hear you say that, I've been saving my mage for another playthru and was counting on their questline being good. It's amazing how they improved so many other aspects of the game but the quest design has seemingly suffered as a result, at least for the major "schools" from the older titles.

I've finished all the questlines except the main quest and I would say the companions are the worst, actually. Pretty boring stuff IMO, and most of the quests are very simple fetch quests. The mage's college actually has a good setup and some cool moments, it just kind of ends out of nowhere and promotes you without much reason. It almost feels like the budget ran out or something.

The thieves guild is by far the best IMO.

42. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 13:34 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:04:
Kinda the same problem with the other guilds as well. Mods are going to have to expand upon the (lame) base we have now for all the guilds with more quests that come after you actually completed the "main" guild missions.

I think it's a safe bet we'll get DLC for that too.

Creston

41. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 13:33 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 08:29:
Offtopic but I just finished the Dark Brotherhood stuff and without spoiling anything I just want to say that I get what other people were complaining about, it's a huge letdown. The Thieves Guild stuff wasn't perfect but it was definitely far better than the DB this time around. The DB quests felt rushed, simplistic and had little of the humor or appeal of the previous DB efforts. Damned shame.

Most of the side quests feel too short this time around. You literally become archmage in like five quests. Story-wise you're at the point where you think the plot's going to thicken, and then, oh no, they just decide you are the new arch-mage. Even though if you rush to the college (like I did), and struggle through all the battles, you will be the new arch mage while unable to cast more than Adept level spells.

In Oblivion you actually got promoted, and you had the idea that you were on this massive storyline. Here it's one thing happens, you fix it, hey, you're the new arch-mage!

The Thieves Guild one was okay if a little underwhelming story-wise. (nowhere near the coolness of the Gray Fox storyline in Oblivion.)

Dark Brotherhood I haven't finished completely yet, but it's seems kinda hum-ho.

The Companions one is at least cool.

Creston

40. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 13:28 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:50:
My breton just experienced space flight. Fighting a pair of giants and got smashed, the next thing I knew I was flying, flying free...into orbit. I think it took nearly 2mins to fall.

My record so far is a bandit who flew for 32 seconds. It was awesome. I even took screenshots.

Creston

39. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 11:48 wasp

Well, i don't want to run around killing children just for the sake of it, i need a good reason to kill one. If i join the DB then maybe one day i just might receive a contract to kill my own child. That would please Sithis, and would prove my loyalty as well.  

38. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 11:40 Esoteric

No fix for all the people experiencing random CTDs?  

37. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 11:22 eRe4s3r

Install the killable children mod and the problem will solve itself.. after a while  

36. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 11:20 eRe4s3r

Hahahahaha.. oh man.. you should put a warning in that post like "don't drink anything while reading"  

35. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 10:41 Ratty

It's pathetic that I'm grateful they're finally making ESC exit menus, something they never bothered to do in Oblivion. PC players are like dogs starved for attention. Any little sign and our tails wag.  

34. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 10:10 Verno

Bhruic wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:59:
The DB quests are awesome compared to the Mage College quests. Having done Companion/Thieves Guild/Dark Brother/Mage College, there's no question the latter is the worst. No explanation for what's going on, no sense that you're actually doing anything useful at all, really stupid plot points, and then a "conclusion", to use the word loosely, that is both pointless and unsupportable. Frankly, whoever designed that questline should be out of a job, and looking for work in a new field.

Man I'm really bummed to hear you say that, I've been saving my mage for another playthru and was counting on their questline being good. It's amazing how they improved so many other aspects of the game but the quest design has seemingly suffered as a result, at least for the major "schools" from the older titles.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

33. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 10:03 Bhruic

As for the patch.. too bad my Companions questline hasn't been fixed. Now it's still stuck after the Silver Hand attacke Jarrklvaksie, damnit.

I finished the Companions questline, but for some reason Skjor seems to have resurrected himself. He's sleeping in his bed, with the ability to give out quests. I still get the occassional comment about "avenging Skjor" too (not from him, obviously).

32. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:59 Bhruic

There's no cleverness to the quest design for the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. Nothing that even comes close to the murder mystery party from Oblivion or etc. They're just so simple and rote, it's really kind of mind boggling that I've done sidequests with better design than the DB stuff.

The DB quests are awesome compared to the Mage College quests. Having done Companion/Thieves Guild/Dark Brother/Mage College, there's no question the latter is the worst. No explanation for what's going on, no sense that you're actually doing anything useful at all, really stupid plot points, and then a "conclusion", to use the word loosely, that is both pointless and unsupportable. Frankly, whoever designed that questline should be out of a job, and looking for work in a new field.

31. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:52 LittleMe

Fixing so many rare issues and not the critical issues PC players are experiencing. This isn't much of a patch.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

30. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:41 wasp

"There's no cleverness to the quest design for the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim"

...and the easiest one alive is right in front of them! A quest to kill a child that may have helped you out earlier in the game. Now that presents a moral dilemma for you, one that every DB quest should have so that you feel sick to your stomach for completing it.

29. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:30 wtf_man

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:33:

I didn't run into any issues with the Companions quests... however I have run into a few quests that are bugged. If you are stuck on a bugged quest... type in the console:

player.setstage <Quest ID> <Stage #>

You can get the Quest ID from here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Quests

Click on a link to the quest you are stuck on... the ID will be near the top of the page and the Stage numbers will be in a table near the bottom. If the Quest is bugged near the end... look for the Green checkmark that signifies the stage number of the end (usually 200).

From your description, I assume you are doing the Companion Quest "Blood's Honor"
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood%27s_Honor

You'd type in the console:
player.setstage C04 200 (If You are stuck after Kodlak was killed)

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2011, 09:40.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo