Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer

The Battlefield Blog now offers a new Gulf of Oman Gameplay Trailer from Battlefield 3 showing off more of the upcoming Back to Karkand expansion pack for the military shooter sequel. The clip highlights new vehicles in the add-on. "I wanted to complement what we already have in the base game, plus I wanted to bring back some of the classic vehicles from Battlefield 2 that we know players loved, such as the Short Take-Off/Vertical Landing fighter jet and the desert buggy. In today’s trailer, you can also get a first glimpse of a hitherto unannounced fourth vehicle bound to strike fear into the very hearts of the enemy. See if you can spot it!", said Back to Karkand Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:34 Wildone

'Fix' the effin choppers, as in, dont make them so invincible. As it is they rule the jets. The jets have weak as guns & slow locking missiles (even with beam scanning) its a joke, someone at Dice really hates jets..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:16 Verno

bhcompy wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:12:
Metro would be a far less frustrating meat grinder/points accumulation map without frag shell abuse as well. One guy with an autoshotty, extended mag, and frag shells can take out an entire group in a camp and never even see them. Then they complain if you start whoring them with the nade launcher

Agreed. IRNV, taclights and frag shells need to be nerfed into oblivion. I don't even care about making it fair, IRNV literally defeats the purpose of playing a Battlefield game by seeing through smoke/debris, cover and etc. Nerf it into the ground, it's an absurd attachment. Likewise frag shells should not be a portable LAV cannon, it's ridiculous that some dude with a shotgun can kill an entire squad at ~50 yards and even do so by firing into/around cover. Taclights are just annoying, no one likes them. I don't care if its realistic or not, it sucks so lose it.

I think the Karkand maps will see a pretty ridiculous uptake if for no other reason than they were always designed with large amounts of players.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:13 bhcompy

necrosis wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:11:
Woo! Paying for maps that are long overdue that we once got for free via user created content!

Well, I didn't pay for them and I didn't preorder the game either. Gamestop had BF3 for $40 on black friday and Best Buy had it for $30. I found a preorder version of BF3 at Gamestop that came with the expansion for free so I bought that, which made it cheaper than buying it from Origin+paying $15 for the expansion(was also $30 on Origin without the expansion).

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:12 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:44:

Tehran Highway would be a lot more fun without IRNV/frag shell abuse.

Metro would be a far less frustrating meat grinder/points accumulation map without frag shell abuse as well. One guy with an autoshotty, extended mag, and frag shells can take out an entire group in a camp and never even see them. Then they complain if you start whoring them with the nade launcher

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:11 necrosis

Woo! Paying for maps that are long overdue that we once got for free via user created content!  

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:58 Bucky

A lot of this is the reason I'd switched to Rush instead of Conquest--everything plays better in Rush in my opinion. Even 32 player conquest is typically superior, though it begs the question of why bother supporting 64 players if you aren't going to design the game around that kind of player count.

BF3 is starting to call my name again, and I've just about hitthe wall with Skyrim, so that extended leave from BF3 should end soon.

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:44 Verno

Long post follows, just my thoughts on the Conquest Large versions of the maps:

Metro is too tight, it's basically just a point grinder with poorly planned choke points that basically guarantee a standoff or inch by inch progression. One team rolls the other or you fight in the middle in the entire time, neither scenario is very satisfying. Like most people I suspect, we use it as a glorified attachment unlocker.

Seine River Crossing is a good map. Perhaps a few too many windows and it could use with more destructible stuff overall.

Operation Firestorm could be good but it's basically a street fight where everything important is decided in a 200 yard area and the rest of the map is tertiary. This is what most people fail to realize and how their team ends up losing because they thought whooshing around in a jet mattered for a shit on this map. All of the points are too close together. Look at the large scale map then look at how the points cover it. It's fun because hey it has jets and stuff but not BF2 fun.

Kharg Island is great but it's too easy to get air superiority by camping the carriers. Also the hills are a wookie trap which is annoying if your team has pubbies.

Canals needs a revisit. The flight ceiling is so low that jets are essentially useless. AA covers the map too easily. It's not a bad map but it was clearly consolized and needs work.

Damavand Peak is pretty meh because if your team doesn't immediately take the tunnel then you're in deep shit. Basically if the tank gets wasted by some idiot (someone without guided shells for example) in the very beginning it's ridiculously hard to make a comeback.

Caspian is pretty good but again three of the capture points are too close together. There are two other spots that could house them, I'm not sure why forest is so close to hill for example when they created undestructible containers and such further up that were obviously meant to be the real capture point.

Grand Bazaar is a meatgrinder but at least it's a teamwork meatgrinder that's well designed.

Tehran Highway would be a lot more fun without IRNV/frag shell abuse.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:41 Elessar

Tumbler wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 10:53:
I think dice was foolish to hold these maps back. There are only 3 maps that feel like a battlefield game. (Firestorm, caspian, kharg) and hopefully a few more once these maps are released. Haven't played this game in a few weeks now... Not sure these maps will be enough to change that.
Funny enough, I enjoy those 3 maps you listed the least. Mainly because they're way to vehicle-centric. Can't tell you how many times I've been stranded at a base with no vehicle to get around, having to hoof it 300-500 meters to the next base only to get sniped or asploded when I get to the destination. Getting killed is part of the game, but if you can get back into the action relatively quick, it's more fun. Going for 3-4 min jogs is not.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:39 Matshock

Don't forget Canals. Bazaar & Tehran are OK hybrid maps.

Crossing, Metro and that big tunnel map suck eggs, but they're points grind maps for campers (recon) so people keep them in the rotation.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:28 MajorD

Elim wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 10:53:
.....i think all the bf3 maps are shit.

Really? Please enlighten us as to why they are....

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 11:09 elefunk

Tumbler wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 10:53:
I think dice was foolish to hold these maps back. There are only 3 maps that feel like a battlefield game. (Firestorm, caspian, kharg) and hopefully a few more once these maps are released. Haven't played this game in a few weeks now... Not sure these maps will be enough to change that.
....because releasing them during the rush of Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, Batman, and countless other games would have been a better idea?

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 10:53 Elim

Finally some good maps are coming back, i don't know, but i think all the bf3 maps are shit.  

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 10:53 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 10:49 Joss

That forklift is sexy.  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 10:39 InBlack

Wow an expansion pack?? What is this the 90s??? Where is my FUCKING DLC!!!!!  

I have a nifty blue line!

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo