Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer

The Battlefield Blog now offers a new Gulf of Oman Gameplay Trailer from Battlefield 3 showing off more of the upcoming Back to Karkand expansion pack for the military shooter sequel. The clip highlights new vehicles in the add-on. "I wanted to complement what we already have in the base game, plus I wanted to bring back some of the classic vehicles from Battlefield 2 that we know players loved, such as the Short Take-Off/Vertical Landing fighter jet and the desert buggy. In today’s trailer, you can also get a first glimpse of a hitherto unannounced fourth vehicle bound to strike fear into the very hearts of the enemy. See if you can spot it!", said Back to Karkand Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, what's the way to watch these videos on youtube without registering?

I vaguely remember it was altering the link in some way, but what I have tried is failing horribly!

*EDIT* I mean watching the youtube link directly, not through the BF3 site, which admittedly works with just the age check info.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 21:47 tuddies

YES, please nerf the IRNV sights! It's almost like a built-in wall hack!

Probably too much for the consoles to handle real thermal imaging simulation like ArmA2 has, so just reducing it and making daylight overexpose the scope would be great.

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 19:21 Nate

I'm aggravated by this glitch I have where the unlocks I choose aren't there when I hop in a tank. Other unlocks are present.

Wish they had skipped the campaigns and instead released a few more maps.

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 17:45 TangledThorns

Desert Combat was the only reason that I kept BF1942 on my hard drive and was my favorite mod of all time. If it wasn't for DC there'd be no BF2. Man, I miss that C-130...  

31. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 17:24 Shineyguy

Jackplug wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 16:33:
If I was you I would read the forums as they are full of ppl who cant play the game from when they bought it and others who cant play since the patch. I get crashes and all sorts of shit, the game is a fuckin beta and should never of been released.

They should fix the fucking game before releasing the old maps.

If you think a buggy release isn't the norm for a DICE game you need to re-evaluate your position.

Every. Single. Release. That DICE has had has had an awful amount of bugs in it. Sadly it's their M.O.

Beyond that, this content that is being released was developed at the same time as the main game. This DLC is mainly around to keep the gamers in their game and playing.

30. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 16:33 Jackplug

If I was you I would read the forums as they are full of ppl who cant play the game from when they bought it and others who cant play since the patch. I get crashes and all sorts of shit, the game is a fuckin beta and should never of been released.

They should fix the fucking game before releasing the old maps.

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 16:13 Learning

I havent bought the game yet but I'll probably be getting it soon,I was wondering if this means that things like Desert Combat are impossible.Everybody remembers DC right?  

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 15:17 bhcompy

Elessar wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 13:55:
Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:16:
Agreed. IRNV, taclights and frag shells need to be nerfed into oblivion. I don't even care about making it fair, IRNV literally defeats the purpose of playing a Battlefield game by seeing through smoke/debris, cover and etc. Nerf it into the ground, it's an absurd attachment. Likewise frag shells should not be a portable LAV cannon, it's ridiculous that some dude with a shotgun can kill an entire squad at ~50 yards and even do so by firing into/around cover. Taclights are just annoying, no one likes them. I don't care if its realistic or not, it sucks so lose it.
Truer words were never spoken. Portable LAV cannon is a perfect description and the fact that it can even be compared to a vehicles main weapon is absurd. It's like shooting a damn RPG, quickly, repeatedly and with little to no skill as it doesn't require much aiming. I can't believe none of what you mentioned was addressed in the latest patch. DICE is an enigma. They develop this beautiful game yet can't seem to make a UI or balance glaring OP weapons. It's like they stop making an awesome top tier game at 90% and just release it.

Well, what made you think they would? They never addressed LMG problems from previous games. Now they just upped the ante with the frag autoshotty, and LMGs can still use silencers, scopes, and shoot a 250round clip with no cooldown or increasing cone of fire.

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 15:16 Verno

Also one thing I found hilarious in the latest patch was their solution to hardcoded squads - just make it so no one joins them! Stuff like that just makes you shake your head and wonder how the hell they managed to create the rest of the game yet somehow fuck up the little things so badly.

LMGs can still use silencers, scopes, and shoot a 250round clip with no cooldown or increasing cone of fire.

I take some comfort in the fact that suppressors are pretty bugged and rarely work.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2011, 15:22.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 14:17 TangledThorns

The BF3 maps as a whole are much more enjoyable than BF2's however BF2 is much older game. I expect the new Oman to be my permanent home soon, luv that map!  

25. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 14:10 Matshock

Joss wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 13:46:
I really miss flying anything in the new BF3. Since there is no joystick sensitivity controls, I'm stuck ground-pounding. I cannot understand, for the life of me, why they would omit that(?)

I bet a X360 controller would work perfectly

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:55 Elessar

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:16:
Agreed. IRNV, taclights and frag shells need to be nerfed into oblivion. I don't even care about making it fair, IRNV literally defeats the purpose of playing a Battlefield game by seeing through smoke/debris, cover and etc. Nerf it into the ground, it's an absurd attachment. Likewise frag shells should not be a portable LAV cannon, it's ridiculous that some dude with a shotgun can kill an entire squad at ~50 yards and even do so by firing into/around cover. Taclights are just annoying, no one likes them. I don't care if its realistic or not, it sucks so lose it.
Truer words were never spoken. Portable LAV cannon is a perfect description and the fact that it can even be compared to a vehicles main weapon is absurd. It's like shooting a damn RPG, quickly, repeatedly and with little to no skill as it doesn't require much aiming. I can't believe none of what you mentioned was addressed in the latest patch. DICE is an enigma. They develop this beautiful game yet can't seem to make a UI or balance glaring OP weapons. It's like they stop making an awesome top tier game at 90% and just release it.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:46 Joss

I really miss flying anything in the new BF3. Since there is no joystick sensitivity controls, I'm stuck ground-pounding. I cannot understand, for the life of me, why they would omit that(?)

And yeah, capture points are too close together on Caspian & Firestorm. I fear Dice/EA are going to continually disappoint us with these maps unless they give the community the tools to override their shortcomings.

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:21 Wildone

I know its ridiculous, low flight ceiling, weak guns, slow speed..Im close to callin it quits if they dont fix the jets soon.  

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:17 Wildone

The choppers can take SO MUCH damage though. I've only every been able to gun them down with the A10 or SU27 and those jets are on a few select maps. So pretty much choppers rule the air.  

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:16 Wildone

You can't do that if they are already near the ceiling, the jets alt is locked so low you just stall out so a pro pilot stays high, locks on with his missles whilst the pilot tags you with the gun, as I see is there is no way to beat them. They take so much damage by the time your close enough your already dead.  

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 13:07 Shataan

New maps are a moot point imho till DICE fix their patch release, and get the overall game performance for EVERYONE to an enjoyable state.

I myself am having pretty sweet performance atm, but MANY are not. And before ya go smackin down those who are not, it is not the gamers onis to beta FOR DICE. It is DICEs obligation to get the game they made Millions on..... peforming up to snuff.

Being there are 2 major vid cards ie nVidia, and Ati, and 2 major cpu player ie AMD and Intel, surely DICE can get the game working decent again, like they had BEFORE the last patch update???? Ahuh.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:59 bhcompy

Matshock wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:42:
Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:44:

The flight ceiling is so low that jets are essentially useless.

That applies to all the maps, even Caspian. Playing both sides of the sky it looks like the fast jets only matter to helicopters and each other. All the ground clutter and a lack of targeting methods don't help either.

They used to rule Gulf of Oman. I guess we'll see.

Well, was the special vehicle the SU34? There was a glimpse of a non-F35 in that video. The SU34 in BF2 has the guided missile.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:51 Verno

Wildone wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:34:
'Fix' the effin choppers, as in, dont make them so invincible. As it is they rule the jets. The jets have weak as guns & slow locking missiles (even with beam scanning) its a joke, someone at Dice really hates jets..

Just dive at them from high up, never fly level against a chopper. I kill them all the time with just the cannon, don't bother with heatseekers. Air Radar/flares/Rocket Pods. Hell I fly without flares a lot now, dodging missiles is pretty easy if you know the direction its approach from.

Re: Canals - the flight ceiling on that map is a few lengths of your plane, it's absurd. The rest of the maps are much much higher.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:42 Matshock

Verno wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:44:

The flight ceiling is so low that jets are essentially useless.

That applies to all the maps, even Caspian. Playing both sides of the sky it looks like the fast jets only matter to helicopters and each other. All the ground clutter and a lack of targeting methods don't help either.

They used to rule Gulf of Oman. I guess we'll see.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo