Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Amazon's Cyber Monday Store opens and a Roundup of Cyber Monday gadget deals.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Dead Space Franchise on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Demolition Inc. on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Driver: San Francisco on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Europa Universalis III Complete on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Fable III on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Greed Corp on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 on Steam. Save 60%.
  • Red Faction Franchise on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Section 8: Prejudice on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows on Steam. Save 75%.
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Download on Direct2Drive. Save 50%.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Are you sure? Nov 28, 2011, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

hb3d wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 05:22:
When did you buy the game for ~$5 from Gamersgate?

Looking at my earliest save game I still have, from my first playthrough, and the timestamp on my install files from Gamersgate, sometime before June 6, 2011.

I am relatively sure, it being 5+ months later now, that I did buy it for under 5 dollars, because it was the first thing I ever bought off Gamersgate, a site I had barely even heard of previously. I am not sure where to look it up, but I remember it being like a 80%-90% off sale, it was either 3.99 or 4.99 for a short period.

I was also skeptical of Dead Space 2 back when it came out, having played the PC version of Dead Space 1 with it's bullshit controls, so there was no way I was paying anything even close to 10 dollars for it, from a service entirely new to me. For the record, DS2's controls are MUCH better!

If gamersgate stores the price you bought stuff at I guess I could look it up, but this has already been entirely more trouble than it's worth, for both of us, haha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 19:06 nin

hb3d wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 18:08:
nin wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:58:
Amazon still doesn't seem to list what sort of DRM its games come with.
I agree that it should, but from my experience all the games are either DRM free, e.g. older and less expensive titles, or the DRM is identical to the retail copy of the game.

So, for Crysis 2 this means revokeable/reclaimable Solidshield activation just like the retail version.

Yeah, I'd just feel a lot more comfortable if they specifically stated that. Hell, I might even buy from them more.

I'm sure they'll do it eventually.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 18:08 hb3d

I agree that it should, but from my experience all the games are either DRM free, e.g. older and less expensive titles, or the DRM is identical to the retail copy of the game.

So, for Crysis 2 this means revokeable/reclaimable Solidshield activation just like the retail version.

37. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 13:33 nin

It said I was allowed unlimited installs on unlimited machines.

Provided it's not running some crazy assed processes in the background, I'd deem that acceptable.

36. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 12:03 Creston

Ah well. For 10 bucks it's not as if I'm going to suffer.
It said I was allowed unlimited installs on unlimited machines. I guess it'll probably tie into Origin.

Creston

35. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 11:58 nin

34. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 11:56 Creston

hb3d wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 05:47:
Amazon downloads has some great deals on EA games today (11/28).

Crysis 2 for $9.99

Battlefield 3 for $29.99

Need for Speed: The Run for $19.99

Each game also comes with a $5 credit for use in January.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, man.

Crysis 2 for 10 bucks sounds just about right. Does it need to be tied in to Origin?

Creston

33. Re: Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 09:57 Ant

hb3d wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 05:47:

Crysis 2 for $9.99

Battlefield 3 for $29.99

Too bad the digital downloads won't accept deposited money I get from work's gift codes.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

32. Amazon EA Deals Nov 28, 2011, 05:47 hb3d

Crysis 2 for $9.99

Battlefield 3 for $29.99

31. Are you sure? Nov 28, 2011, 05:22 hb3d

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 22:57:
I bought it several months ago for 4.99 off of Gamersgate
Are you sure about that? Google searches and Gamersgate's summer and halloween of sale pages from this year only show that the original Dead Space was on sale once on Gamersgate for $4.99 but not Dead Space 2. The lowest price I could find for Dead Space 2 on Gamersgate was $19.95.

This cached page from November 22 shows that the lowest price ever for the game up to that time was $9.95 from Direct2Drive. You will notice that Gamersgate is included in the list of sellers.

When did you buy the game for ~$5 from Gamersgate?

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2011, 09:01.

30. Re: Origin Sucks Nov 28, 2011, 02:41 hoolaparara

Dead Space 2 for $5? I see 75% off at $17.49 here.. so the aussie price multiplier is 3.5 for this one!  

29. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2011, 01:05 killer_roach

Bucky wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 01:00:
Dungeons of Dredmor made it into the library late, when I noticed it going for $2.50. At that price, and with the almost universal praise I've seen it get, I couldn't pass it up.

It's a lot of fun, especially if you're a fan of old-school Roguelikes. If you've ever had a passing fling with Nethack, it's likely up your alley.

28. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2011, 01:00 Bucky

Dungeons of Dredmor made it into the library late, when I noticed it going for $2.50. At that price, and with the almost universal praise I've seen it get, I couldn't pass it up.  

27. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2011, 00:53 Calwen

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:42:
I had to contact Amazon support this week for a game, they responded in 20 minutes. Unheard of.

I had to call Amazon support because my brand new Kindle had a malfunctioning battery. Hands down the best phone support I've ever had outside of a small-business. I think their customer service is based out of Seattle -- which would explain the universally chipper personalities on the other end.

26. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2011, 00:22 killer_roach

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:42:
I had to contact Amazon support this week for a game, they responded in 20 minutes. Unheard of.

Yeah, I've had to contact their customer support a couple of times, and they've been responding in < 2 hours every time, regardless of when I contact them. It's quite impressive, really.

25. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 22:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

hb3d wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:00:
1) No one has any excuse for not having Dead Space 2, at this point. It has been on sale for 4-5 dollars on every online store in the past few months.
Actually, no, it has been on sale for $10 not $5. This is the first time it has ever hit $5 and only Steam and Amazon downloads have it at that price.

Kind of pointless to argue about it now, but I bought it several months ago for 4.99 off of Gamersgate, which admittedly, is a store fewer people use than Steam, but it was that cheap previously. Anyway, now is the time for you non-Gamersgate users.

*EDIT* Grammar.

24. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 22:55 Shok

I bought Deadly Shadows when it was released and it's decent enough I guess even though I never finished it. It just wasn't like the original thief games to me as far as art style, etc. And the rope arrows were removed which was such a cool mechanic in the originals but I digress...  

23. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 21:40 CrimsonPaw

Has anyone played Thief: Deadly Shadows? I'm contemplating picking it up but not sure it I want to spend the $5. I will say I picked up UT2004 for $3.50 on Steam - WOW I love that game.  
~~Crim~~

22. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 19:15 Alamar

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 18:33:
Sadly, I'm kind of 'game booked' until February...

Only February?

Pretty much done with Skyrim... Got my second char through a lot of the stuff I skipped on the first...

SWTOR at the end of the year, and most of Jan... I figure I'll be bored of it around Feb some time... Nothing else really on the horizon for me...

Can't imagine Dead Space will take more than a week or so for the duo...

All the future stuff coming out is no time soon...

-Alamar

21. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 19:05 Domgrief

MW2 is 50% off, again, bringing it down to the low, low price of USD$45 for Australian customers. Score!

Unfortunately it appears that most gamers here aren't very price discriminating. I guess years of $100+ games will do that to you.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo