Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Still fighting this cold, and losing. Actually I feel a bit better, so hopefully I'll be back on track when the news comes back to life tomorrow.

On Track Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Turkey Slice.
Funny Yellow Ball.
Links: The Evil Overlady has solved a pressing literary problem. Thanks Devicer.
Science: The future of airport security- Thermal lie-detectors and cloned sniffer dogs. Thanks Slashdot.
That’ll Learn ‘Em!
Already Started On Next Year’s Turkey.
Media: 8-Bit Holiday.
Robin Williams Discussing Michael Jackson on Propofol.
Black Friday at Urban Outfitters.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2011, 17:09 Rigs

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 09:20:
I've heard that taking zinc, like Cold-eaze can help the symptoms and length of a cold, and I think there are even a few studies backing that up.
There's also documented cases of people using their sense of smell.

Don't forget the documented cases of alien abductees too...

Ugh...speaking of which, this virus isn't terrestial, it's gotta be a alien engineered super duper virus(tm) trying to take hold of the human population...I always wondered what it would be like to be one of the first to greet aliens? Never thought it would end like this....Where the hell is Will Smith when you need 'im, eh?!

EDIT: OH, right, he's busy divorcing his alien wife...forgot...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2011, 10:03 Ant

Aww, Blue got sick from his Thanksgiving family gathering?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2011, 09:20 nin

I've heard that taking zinc, like Cold-eaze can help the symptoms and length of a cold, and I think there are even a few studies backing that up.

There's also documented cases of people using their sense of smell.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2011, 02:24 jdreyer

I've heard that taking zinc, like Cold-eaze can help the symptoms and length of a cold, and I think there are even a few studies backing that up. Otherwise (as was the case over TG) I manage cold symptoms using Nyquil for the cough and pain, and Afrin for the congestion. Combined with extra sleep and lots of hot fluids (to help break up congestion), the suffering tends to be over in a few days.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2011, 18:08 Rigs

Yeah, no, getting pissed doesn't seem to do anything more than make me feel worse...You're in good company Blue. Trust me. I think I got maybe an hour of sleep last night. Things aren't looking any better tonight either... ugh...At least I feel halfway decent enough to play LA Noire, so that takes your mind off for a little bit anyway...

In a couple months we'll look back and laugh...I hope...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2011, 16:24 SM0k3

Tell that cold to f**k off, that usually works for me.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo